Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.8

on 9/23/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this, I don't love it. I don't mind the texture, or the weird plastic smell, but I don't find it's doing much for my skin. I find that too much comes out of the tube at once because it is really runny.I wish this did a little more for me, but I honestly haven't noticed a difference in my skin... but you can't beat the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After reading several reviews I was concerned that this serum would be too much for my sensitive skin. Thankfully, I only felt a horrible burning sensation when I applied it on my neck. On my face, I only feel an intense tingling for a few minutes. The grit from the L-Ascorbic Acid powder doesn’t bother me I gently massage it in and the gritty texture dissipates within 10 to 15 minutes. The squalane that the vitamin C is suspended in, is hydrating and suitable for my dry but acne prone skin. I use it every morning under my Cotz Sensitive SPF 40, BareMinerals Original Foundation, and NARS RCC. As of this review I’ve only used it for the past 3 weeks so I have no significant changes in hyperpigmentation to report.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first product review, but I had to do it because I love love love this product. Yes, it's unpleasant to apply. It's gritty as all out, and especially in the beginning, and ESPECIALLY if you've never used a vit C product before, this is going to sting like the dickens. I've found that a tip below, to apply it immediately after a hyurlonic acid product (I use Hado Labo, but I know the Ordinary has its own) reduces both the grittiness and the sting. I would also encourage you to shake the bottle well before application. Yes, it makes my face a bit greasy feeling (and this coming from someone dry as the Sahara), and it takes time for it to sink in. I find that if I wait 5-10 minutes, and then top with a 'dry" oil, like the squalane product from the Ordinary, or any number of my other favorite facial oils, it sinks in faster and I can get on with my life. Finally, the most important part: results! I've used several vit C products over the course of several years, of various concentrations and costs. None have been as effective as this one. After patch testing, I tried this out one evening. The very next day, I noticed a startling difference in texture, brightness, eveness, and tone, and I thought I had pretty good skin to start with . I suffered a bad reaction to a product last summer that has left me with some stubborn PIH that no other product(s) have been able to really reduce. This stuff has virtually wiped it out withing a few weeks. Especially for the cost, this product cannot be beat. My one gripe would be the packaging. While I appreciate the Ordinary's dedication to making sure you can get every last drop, it's easy to dispense far too much product. However, at less than $10 a bottle, I'm not going to cry if a little is wasted here and there. Bottom line, YMMV, but for me, this is an HG product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

In February I introduced Vitamin C into my routine in the morning to help brighten my complexion and fade my pigmentation from acne in the past. The first one I used was the Clique Fresh Pressed Vitamin C serum, then the Hylamide Vitamin C oil, followed by The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23 % and now I am trying Drunk Elephant C Firma.

I prefer to use Vitamin C in the morning because I use a AHA or BHA lotion at night. I use vitamin C after I have cleansed my face in the morning on bare clean skin. I do this mainly because I feel as if its having the best effect as the first step but that might not be scientifically correct. I then follow the Vitamin C with a hydrating serum and then a water based moisturizer for the morning followed by SPF. Done!

The Ordinary Vitamin C is a gritty Vitamin C powder suspended in a white "cream". It is suspended in the cream to make powder stable. Because of this it has a gritty texture. In my opinion the grit doesn't really go away and is very difficult to work it in to your skin. It feels like an exfoliation when you are rubbing it in. The rough texture plus the vitamin c means this can very easily aggravate sensitive skin or even skin that isn't particularly sensitive like mine. I usually don't get red from Vitamin C, but this one really stung and was made worse by the fact you have to rub it in a lot to get the grit to go down. This is why I have rated it soo low. I just can't get along with the texture.

At this point I cannot speak for the benefits of the Vitamin C on the fading of pigmentation or brightening because I have only used this 5 times. I did not see immediate brightening or fading. I can't keep using it because its too irritating due to the gritty texture. I like the squeezy package and it gets bonus points for being so affordable. However I would prefer to spend more (which I know is a privilege) for a formula that is easier to use and feels better.

Sorry Deciem! Love the Hyaluronic Acid thought :)