Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.6

on 3/11/2019 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Firstly, I'm impressed, but I don't use it on my face. Sometimes I use it on my neck, and it's very irritating if I use it too many days in a row-- causes burning, redness, and intense itching. I've been using this on my arms and chest (mixed with a HA serum or just some water) in the PM. It has really helped improve texture and sun damage. Effective and affordable!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using Timeless 20% for almost two years, and wanted to try something cheaper. I didn’t experience the burn people talk about with this, and I think it’s because my skin is used to a high concentration of Vitamin C, nor did I experience any grittiness, but it just seems like this stuff never sinks in! I don’t use a large amount, but this is driving me crazy. I’m going to reorder my Timeless, and stick with what works for me.

on 2/24/2019 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really like this product. Everyone seems to be saying its ‘gritty’ and I thought I must have received my tube from a different batch as mine was not gritty at all. Well I just received my second tube and openend it just to check - no, exactly the same texture. For me, its not gritty, at all. It - did- however sting a bit when I first started using it, these days no more and I almost kind of miss the stinging as for me it was a ‘proof’ that it was working (!). Like with all The Ordinary products its excellent value for money and my skin seems to like it. Not having quite finished up my first tube I can’t yet tell how deep the changes are but I use mine at night and my skin seems bright and plump in the morning. Will continue with this one. I also got the ascobic acid pure powder to mix with a moisturiser but I prefer this one. So far so good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Yes, I agree that it is gritty, that it smells funny and that the oily liquid texture is prone to leaking out of the tube, but this single treatment is the one I ordered over 5 bottles of and have gifted them to friends. It works, as simple as that. DECIEM tells you that you can mix this with the hydrators (AAC is water soluble but not stable once in contact with water) to smoothen out the texture and it works! Try adding a couple of drops of any of their watery serum to your VC next time, it turns into a gel-cream texture that is very easy to smooth on. After using only two nights, my redness and recent breakouts have calmed down dramatically. I also woke up to brighter, more even-looking skin that needed less foundation! Do use more sunscreen than usual since you have to protect your skin as well as maintaining it with actives. I recommend this product to anyone looking to keeping their collagen level intact and who have dull looking skin.

on 8/25/2018 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would not repurchase. This is a mediocre product at best. It's gritty, can sting, and doesn't mix well with other products. I used an entire tube and it had no impact on my skin. I love vitamin C serums for brightening, but much prefer other brands. I've tried a number of The Ordinary's products and none have worked for me. Maybe this line just isn't for me.

on 6/30/2018 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has a rough, gritty texture that doesn't play nicely with other layers. And maybe I haven't been using it consistently enough, but I have yet to notice a difference in my skin -- no brightening, no quicker PIH fading, no help with acne, nothing. Now I don't mind weird textures or tingling/stinging feelings as long as a treatment is going to do something to improve my appearance, but this never did. I think vitamin C just isn't for me. Oh, well -- at least I found out trying something cheap!

on 6/4/2018 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This was my first product of this brand. I just love it because it is so effective. It also contains squalane which does wonders to my skin. I wear this at night because of its oily grainy texture which needs quite some time to absorb.
Whenever I have a huge breakout this is a godsend. Next morning I either have no blemishes at all or everything is soo much better and calmer. It brightens the skin like no other product I've ever used.
I will most surely repurchace

I used to use a different Vitamin C serum but I think they changed their formula and I didn't like it anymore so I bought this. I use the niacinimide in the morning and this at night. My main problem is hyper pigmentation and this seems to be helping, along with niacinimide. The grittiness doesn't bother me-- it seems to dissolve pretty easily.

I really like this product and actually think the brightening effects are more noticeable than with The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (a vitamin C derivative), which surprised me because the latter is more pricey and has much better reviews on MUA. So far, I think I'd be more likely to repurchase the Vitamin C Suspension because I simply think it works better for me.

For the cons, this product is indeed gritty, and it is a little unpleasant to apply for that reason. I definitely would not want to use this product during the day. I don't wash my face in the morning, and I can report that by the morning the grittiness isn't the slightest bit noticeable, and it doesn't affect my makeup application at all. I'm only really aware of it when I first apply it. It would be a problem for me if in the morning I still felt the little grains on my face, but this isn't the case.

This product also feels kind of intense, your face feels kind of warm when you first apply it, as other reviewers have said. I also notice stinging under my nose - but only there, for some reason - so those with very sensitive skin might not be able to use this one.

Bottom line, this product is a bit uncomfortable to apply. I understand that complaint from other reviewers.

But aside from that, as I said before I really think it works, and I notice my skin feeling healthier and looking brighter and more even the next day.

Another thing I really like is that it's actually super moisturizing. I wait for a while after applying serums to moisturize because I've heard you should let it dry/absorb a bit. I usually hate this part as someone prone to dry skin, because I want to apply moisturizer ASAP after cleansing and toner, and during the waiting period I feel like my skin is going to turn into a flaky mess.

But the Vitamin C Suspension itself feels like a moisturizer, so waiting to apply my real moisturizer is much easier. Last night I nearly forgot to moisturize because my skin felt like I already had. This is a huge plus for me.

The other thing I like is the plastic packaging. I'm fine with glass bottles, but when I travel this is the serum I always take with me because I don't have to worry about it breaking in my suitcase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As other say, it feels a bit grainy and gritty but doesn’t bother me too much. I’m not seeing much results for my face. Maybe it’s no good for those with mild rosacea.