Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Yes, I agree that it is gritty, that it smells funny and that the oily liquid texture is prone to leaking out of the tube, but this single treatment is the one I ordered over 5 bottles of and have gifted them to friends. It works, as simple as that. DECIEM tells you that you can mix this with the hydrators (AAC is water soluble but not stable once in contact with water) to smoothen out the texture and it works! Try adding a couple of drops of any of their watery serum to your VC next time, it turns into a gel-cream texture that is very easy to smooth on. After using only two nights, my redness and recent breakouts have calmed down dramatically. I also woke up to brighter, more even-looking skin that needed less foundation! Do use more sunscreen than usual since you have to protect your skin as well as maintaining it with actives. I recommend this product to anyone looking to keeping their collagen level intact and who have dull looking skin.

on 8/25/2018 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would not repurchase. This is a mediocre product at best. It's gritty, can sting, and doesn't mix well with other products. I used an entire tube and it had no impact on my skin. I love vitamin C serums for brightening, but much prefer other brands. I've tried a number of The Ordinary's products and none have worked for me. Maybe this line just isn't for me.

on 6/30/2018 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has a rough, gritty texture that doesn't play nicely with other layers. And maybe I haven't been using it consistently enough, but I have yet to notice a difference in my skin -- no brightening, no quicker PIH fading, no help with acne, nothing. Now I don't mind weird textures or tingling/stinging feelings as long as a treatment is going to do something to improve my appearance, but this never did. I think vitamin C just isn't for me. Oh, well -- at least I found out trying something cheap!

on 6/4/2018 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This was my first product of this brand. I just love it because it is so effective. It also contains squalane which does wonders to my skin. I wear this at night because of its oily grainy texture which needs quite some time to absorb.
Whenever I have a huge breakout this is a godsend. Next morning I either have no blemishes at all or everything is soo much better and calmer. It brightens the skin like no other product I've ever used.
I will most surely repurchace

I used to use a different Vitamin C serum but I think they changed their formula and I didn't like it anymore so I bought this. I use the niacinimide in the morning and this at night. My main problem is hyper pigmentation and this seems to be helping, along with niacinimide. The grittiness doesn't bother me-- it seems to dissolve pretty easily.

I really like this product and actually think the brightening effects are more noticeable than with The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (a vitamin C derivative), which surprised me because the latter is more pricey and has much better reviews on MUA. So far, I think I'd be more likely to repurchase the Vitamin C Suspension because I simply think it works better for me.

For the cons, this product is indeed gritty, and it is a little unpleasant to apply for that reason. I definitely would not want to use this product during the day. I don't wash my face in the morning, and I can report that by the morning the grittiness isn't the slightest bit noticeable, and it doesn't affect my makeup application at all. I'm only really aware of it when I first apply it. It would be a problem for me if in the morning I still felt the little grains on my face, but this isn't the case.

This product also feels kind of intense, your face feels kind of warm when you first apply it, as other reviewers have said. I also notice stinging under my nose - but only there, for some reason - so those with very sensitive skin might not be able to use this one.

Bottom line, this product is a bit uncomfortable to apply. I understand that complaint from other reviewers.

But aside from that, as I said before I really think it works, and I notice my skin feeling healthier and looking brighter and more even the next day.

Another thing I really like is that it's actually super moisturizing. I wait for a while after applying serums to moisturize because I've heard you should let it dry/absorb a bit. I usually hate this part as someone prone to dry skin, because I want to apply moisturizer ASAP after cleansing and toner, and during the waiting period I feel like my skin is going to turn into a flaky mess.

But the Vitamin C Suspension itself feels like a moisturizer, so waiting to apply my real moisturizer is much easier. Last night I nearly forgot to moisturize because my skin felt like I already had. This is a huge plus for me.

The other thing I like is the plastic packaging. I'm fine with glass bottles, but when I travel this is the serum I always take with me because I don't have to worry about it breaking in my suitcase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As other say, it feels a bit grainy and gritty but doesn’t bother me too much. I’m not seeing much results for my face. Maybe it’s no good for those with mild rosacea.

on 3/11/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This vitamin C is OK. I can't fault them for the grainy texture because they make it clear in the description before ordering. It's also very greasy and can burn. It takes a while to sink in so I didn't like using other products with this. I did see a small difference in my skin. All in all if I was on a tighter budget I'd deal with it, but it's not worth it to me.

on 2/26/2018 12:24:00 AM

Gave this a try since I was looking for a Vitamin C product.

Similar to what was shared before, this item has a metallic smell and scent.

I tried using it many ways before finding the one that worked for me.

For me, it works best when a pea-sized drop is mixed into my moisturiser.
It doesn't feel so oily, and doesn't burn. There is just a warming feeling upon application.
So far have just used it at night and my skin looks ok in the morning.
Haven't used it long enough to see much results.

Also works for me when I use a very small amount of it after saturating my face with one of those thick Korean/ Japanese toners (called "skin" or "lotion" or "softener")

What didn't work for me
- using it on its own on dry skin
- using it on its own after a quick spritz with thermal water
- using it as the first layer before adding moisturiser
- using it in the am before foundation (caused pilling - flakes)

(Update: Used this product over a "lotion" - L'oreal mask-in-lotion, over a week just at night, and my face looks a whole lot brighter. It must be this product that is causing the radiance and clarity of the skin, since the mask-in-lotion did not give such a result when used alone or with other products. Great not to have to splurge to achieve radiance! The only problem is the oiliness and smell of this product for me. )

(Another update: Bought The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA to try,. Mixed it with this Vitamin C product and the oiliness is reduced. There is no gritty feeling too. Going to continue using it this way and see how it goes. If possible I'll rather mix products from the same brand since there is usually a lesser chance of it piling)

on 2/25/2018 4:32:00 AM

I so wanted this to work for me! I stuck out through 2 tubes (bought 2 assuming it’d be fine!), but noticed no improvement.

As others have said, this STINGS. It’s so uncomfortable to use, and I find unlike a lot of acids that I’ve used, the stinging takes a long time to subside.

I have also noticed an odd scent to my skin- I even started washing my hands with a nail brush to scrub it away but would still be able to smell it at work the next day- stopped using this and that odd scent went away too. Not only that, but my pillow covers are ruined.

I did not notice any benefit to my skin despite these things, so I’m afraid I do not recommend this product, which is a shame because the price point (like other The Ordinary products) is incredible.