Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.3

on 10/23/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’m afraid that while there’s no denying this product is excellent value for money and provides a solution to the instability of vitamin c, I would not purchase again. The cons just out weigh the pros. I understand the science behind why it’s gritty but I find rubbing it into my face irritating, for some reason the taste always ends up in my mouth and lastly, for me a vit c product is for the mornings so retinols may be used at night. This just doesn’t work under make up particularly if you’re in a hurry. If you’re able to leave it for ages it’s not too bad but I find it balls and is gritty under the make up if doing a normal morning for work make up. I will try the newer one and see if it’s any better

on 10/20/2017 12:23:00 AM

Took me a while to warm up to this product. Definitely needed to ramp up to using it at full strength and, even now, I can only use it every other day or so. It tends to dry my skin out and make the corners of my mouth peel if I use it too frequently. As I have tret sensitive skin, I already have problems with peeling. All that being said, I think this is an excellent product. Not wonderfully elegant with the grit, but it doesn’t bother me too much - particularly as I use it at night. Has helped give a bit of a glow and improved texture issues. With how expensive Vit C formulas can be and the benefit if not having to worry about oxidation in the tube, this product is a winner to me. I’ve already bought a backup.

So! after being really angry with this product for the weird gritty texture, i finally worked out how to use it! i squeeze a little bit in between the palms of my hands and warm it up, like you woyld do with an oilserum... the grits dissapear and than i do put it on my face by patting it softly... like that i can use the cream in the morning before my la roche anthelios KA spf50+ . So instead of using it in the evening i use it now in the morning, and that's great so i can use The ordinary Retinoid in the night!! So happy with this discovery because i love what it does for my skin, it gives a nice glow and keeps my skin blemish free... if the brightning effect is working im not sure, i will have to use it longer to see the result...but for now really happy!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Many people have had problems with stinging and even severe irritation, but that hasn't been a problem for me. I think some of the problem may be that people who have never used a Vitamin C product before have used this instead of starting with something less potent. For them I would suggest trying one of the other formulas that The Ordinary has that are milder.
I have used Vitamin C products before this, so it wasn't such a shock for my skin. But I can honestly say that it was a shock to me when I looked in the mirror the morning after my first application of this and saw the incredible difference just one use had made! My skin was brighter, appeared more luminous and even toned than it had been the night before. There was such a difference that I kept checking my face in the mirror just to be sure I wasn't going crazy. I have never, ever had a skincare product that produced such fantastic results in just one application. I have been using it every other night, and my skin continues to improve in appearance. On the nights that I don't use this, I use the Azelaic Acid by The Ordinary which also works to even and brighten skin tone.
I honestly can't recommend this highly enough. It is a miracle in a,tube (the packaging was changed from the bottle to a tube). The only caveat is that I recommend trying a less potent form first before trying this. It's better to start with a lesser strength and work your way up, rather than jumping straight to this and running the risk of a severe reaction. For me, though, this is the holy grail of vitamin C serums.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This actually works! I'm on my 2nd tube.

I have tried a lot of different Vit C serums. No matter how many months of use I never saw any results. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this either, but for the price point, the strength and how stable this is (no water) I had to try it.

I am blown away. I had 1 spot on my face that has never faded. After 2-3 weeks of using this, every other night, the spot is easily 50% lighter. That is incredible.

Yes, when you apply it you'll feel the tiny grits in it - which is the vitamin c powder. This is also why this formula is so stable (no water) and your getting close to the actual %. Most products will state their %, but it is actually far lower because it's diluted with ingredients that make the texture/consistency more cosmetically elegant and not stable. I had already read about the texture so I was expecting it. The texture of it doesn't bother me any though. I apply it over my clean face before bed. It sinks in.

I'm looking for results from products, how they feel or the consistency of it, is of no concern to me.

If you just can't stand how the formula feels, put it on damp skin, that will immediately release the vit c powder. If it's irritating to your skin you can use it with a bit of plain moisturizer to help buffer your skin. I personally had zero irritation from this. But I've been using various acids, retnoids, etc for years. So my skin is accustomed to it, and, I don't have sensitive skin to begin with.

The tube is small, which I like. But it is mighty. I use this on my face, neck, chest and hands. 1 tube lasts me a couple of months.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. If you just can't get over the consistency of this formula on your face, you can use it on your hands, chest, shoulders, anywhere. I think it it definitely worth buying to see what you think.

After reading reviews about this I decided to try it out as it is cheap and I knew to be cautious about initial discomfort. I have used other vitamin c serums before in various strengths so I am familiar with the effects.
My God! Discomfort!?! Burning like someone threw acid in my face. I tried it in microscopic amounts, before and after moisturiser and every other soothing carrier I could think of. Agony, redness, lumps. I looked like I had aged 10 years overnight.
If I wanted to look and feel this bad I could just go and stay with my mother in law who, according to my daughter,is so evil she drinks unicorn blood to survive.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I wanted so badly for this product to help with my acne scarring and pigmentation but alas it has been over a month and I'm not seeing much change, on top of that the gritty texture of the formulation doesn't help its cause.

For those who love the product and are seeing results, I've read that it helps to have your skin super hydrated before applying the Vitamin C (toner beforehand) and another tip was to mix it with a Hyaluronic acid product, apparently that helps with the absorption as well (this tip was provided by someone who works at The Ordinary to a beauty blogger). But basically the grittiness was on purpose as it's a more powerful dose for our skin.

Good luck to those seeing results! Will not be repurchasing this one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A decent Vitamin C serum, *if* you can put up with the gritty texture. I just finished up a tube of this, and while I think it worked as well as any other Vitamin C serum I've ever tried, I'm excited to be rid of it so that I can move on to something new. The consistency of this product is just so awful to work with. It's a little difficult to apply and spread, has a greasy texture that takes forever to absorb, and the grit of the vitamin C spheres is so unpleasant and takes a lot of patting to make it go away. I tried applying it on damp (even pretty wet) skin as some of the other reviewers had suggested, but I didn't find that it helped. This stuff can sting pretty fiercely if you use too much (which is easy to do because of how difficult it is to spread). Way worse than from any other high % Vitamin C serum that I've tried. Also, the squeeze tube packaging is a terrible delivery system for a product you're supposed to only use a small amount of.

Basically, unless you're looking for the cheapest shelf-stable vitamin C serum you can possibly find, I can't recommend this. There are better Vitamin-C serums out there, even in the under-$30 category.

on 5/25/2017 8:01:00 AM

This is not my first experience with Vitamin C serums, although this is on the higher % end of the spectrum I previously used. I used this for a few nights and experienced terrible chemical burns around my nose and beneath my eyes. The grittiness and oily texture just made this an uncomfortable product to use, let alone that it burned my skin off. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend trying something else. I heard someone else say they use this as a mask and wash it off after a few minutes, which might be a way to just use it up instead of tossing it, but I think I'll use it on my hands at night instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a generally a fan of these products, the price means I can experiment and try out things I haven't tried before. This was my first time using a Vitamin C product so I don't have a previous frame of reference! I am very used to topical acids and even though my skin is prone to acne it's not that sensitive these days so I was surprised by how unbearable this felt. I know it warns of tingling but my reaction was a consistent burning and because of the greasy suspension it was really difficult to remove. I'm not sure if my skin is sensitised from using other products or if this is just too brutal for me but I'm not putting it near my face again.