Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

2.9

on 10/16/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few days now, and I just can't get past the texture. It's gritty and feels more like a facial scrub than a serum. Plus it's very oily, it makes my face extremely greasy. I've developed a few small pimples on my forehead this week and I'm sure it's from this. Wish I could give it a better rating, but the texture is just too weird for me.

Two days after I wrote this review, I now have pimples all over my face, haven't had such a large breakout in many years. I haven't used any other new products, so it has to be this product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like this stuff. A lot. I know the texture is grainy, and the packaging not great, but the cost and how it make my skin look is more than worth it. It is recommended to use this as a night treatment anyway so I have no issues with how it looks under makeup. I put this on a clean face, and the first few times I used it it was very tingly - almost uncomfortably so. It's a similar feeling to the green apple Peel if you have ever used that. If you fan you face for a few minutes tho it's fine. The next morning my skin looks amazing. Clear, glowing and even. The change in my skin since switching to The Original regime has been remarkable.

on 5/30/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my first time using Vitamin C.

PROS: I feel like it does make my skin brighter, in a short time I feel like it did something new. Pretty much every serum I use works well for me though, my skin just likes serums.

CONS: This is a nighttime only product because it's so OILY. It's not bad when you first apply it or spread it, but it sits on my skin and doesn't really absorb or go anywhere. I'm not really sure how well things can absorb over this. I wish this was a drier product, like if they removed the Hyaluronic Acid for instance. The price is also nice, but you get only 1oz of product.

OTHER: The grittiness and stinging factor were almost non-existent for me. The grittiness is caused by applying it to a dry face or a face that is completely devoid of other products before it and I would go so far to say it's incorrect to use it that way. This is a water free suspension so the crystals stay jagged and gritty if you apply it to a dry face and you may feel them. Apply it a damp face so they dissolve and the squalane locks some moisture in. Really, the grittiness is mostly a factor when laying and if your skin is dry. And for the stinging, I actually wanted it to produce more of a reaction on my skin. Most times I feel nothing, or if it does sting, it's on small areas and for like 2 seconds or less. With a lot of the other reviews I read, I have to wonder, "How compromised is your skin's barrier? Have you been exfoliating too much?" Those are the only circumstances this will sting when applied, but even then it's not that much.

OVERALL: I may repurchase this simply due to the price. Being a night only product, I don't mind the texture too much but it does stick out as a con. Next time, I'm going to try a one of the Ordinary's retinoids to see how that compares.

I found the smell unbearable and I just couldn't wear this cream. It made my eyes sting and water and the product wasn't anywhere near them. I was hoping because it was in a cream base it would make this Vitamin C product bearable but unfortunately no.

I can't comment on the treatment value and what it does for your skin because I couldn't wear it long enough.

I love most of The Ordinary skin treatments and use about six in my skin regime, unfortunately this is not one of them.

on 5/2/2017 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this product gave me cystic acne. It felt the same as using powdered vitamin C, which I can use and not get cystic acne.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I used to make my own DIY vitamin c for months now , so my skin is not very sensitive anymore, this is a miracle serum if your skin can tolerate it , I apply it by bedtime to face and neck and just let it do its job , I don't try to make sure that every bit of vitamin c in it is absorbed into my skin, I just fall asleep .... In the next morning my face is glowing , actually its radiant . It fades out dark spots and brighten up my face , the result I get made me overcome the texture of the serum , and definitely I'll buy this again

Edit : this transformed the back of my hands too .. I apply this serum , then I layer any liquid moisturizer over it to help it get obsorbed .. the results are immediate.. love

on 3/26/2017 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product packs a punch at 23% L-Ascorbic Acid powder. I recommend for use, to wait until any other skin products have dried completely. It's very gritty and any rubbing will cause it to pill. I found it worked best when I would tap it on. I found that by the 2nd hour (!) whatever granules that were going to dissolve, had dissolved by then. There would be ongoing grittiness on my face. It's also extremely oily and I would look like this even in the morning. Because of the poor absorption, I've had to resort to using a towel on my pillow every night. I found it slightly stung on some areas of the face (which would go away) but that it really irritated my neck (I think the product would gather at the creases). I do think for those with sensitive skin, they should dilute this down. The morning after use, there would be a luminosity to the skin from the vitamin c.

The reasons that I'm giving it 2 lippies is that 1. I really didn't think the grittiness/oiliness would bother me that much until after I used this. I feel my night time routine has become a task I really dislike 2. I broke out in painful cystic acne from day 2-3 of use. I do have combo/oily, acne prone skin but it was quite clear before I started this. Squalane (second ingredient) is comedogenic. There are also 2 coconut derivatives (coconut is very comedogenic for me).

I will probably use this up by diluting this down and applying it on my body. I recommend caution if you are acne prone and using this product.

Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid, Squalane, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Coconut Alkanes, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glucomannan, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Trihydroxystearin, BHT