Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.5

on 10/16/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few days now, and I just can't get past the texture. It's gritty and feels more like a facial scrub than a serum. Plus it's very oily, it makes my face extremely greasy. I've developed a few small pimples on my forehead this week and I'm sure it's from this. Wish I could give it a better rating, but the texture is just too weird for me.

So! after being really angry with this product for the weird gritty texture, i finally worked out how to use it! i squeeze a little bit in between the palms of my hands and warm it up, like you woyld do with an oilserum... the grits dissapear and than i do put it on my face by patting it softly... like that i can use the cream in the morning before my la roche anthelios KA spf50+ . So instead of using it in the evening i use it now in the morning, and that's great so i can use The ordinary Retinoid in the night!! So happy with this discovery because i love what it does for my skin, it gives a nice glow and keeps my skin blemish free... if the brightning effect is working im not sure, i will have to use it longer to see the result...but for now really happy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

When I ordered this I was pretty scared the Vitamin C will sting my skin but i was very surprised to find out it didn't sting at all (never used a Vitamin C product/and type of acid in my life). After about 3 days of using this once a day (after the shower, letting it soak into my skin for about 100 minutes and then rinsing it), my nose and forehead area that used to get super oily throughout the day actually dried up! It's not an uncomfortable dry-peeled skin kind of feel but a comfortable smooth matt feeling. A feeling I've never felt before and my skin feels incredible. I would even advise putting on a bit of moisturizer to avoid a rough dry feeling.
Overall super happy with it (and with the affordable price tag) and will definitely purchase again!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been wanting to try The Ordinary products for a while now so I was thrilled to find it at my local Ricky's, and even more thrilled to purchase 3 products for under 40 bucks. When does that ever happen?

I purchased this, the high adherence primer and the Buffet. This is the stand-out winner for me (the other products were good too but this really wowed me).

I should preface with this: my skin is not sensitive and doesn't break out. I know that's been an issue for others with this product.

I've always found vitamin c (topical) to be highly effective but it's so hard to find a successful vitamin c product due to it's instability. Even high end products fall short sometimes. Before finding this I was adding the powder (cosmetic grade) to my skin by mixing it with an HA serum at the time of application, but that's a pain in the ass, REALLY gritty and while effective not nearly as much so as this.

The texture of this takes some getting used to and yes it's got some grit to it but I like that because at least I know the C is in there and still stable. Also, and this might be a bad idea but those are the only kind of ideas I have, when I apply it I use firm circular strokes and it acts as an exfoliant which I like. I also love that it's unscented.

There's a slight tinge of sting but again my skin isn't sensitive so that doesn't concern me, as it's hardly noticeable and it doesn't last long.

Most importantly, there's a marked difference in how my skin looks and feels the next morning when I use this the night before. It's very soft and smooth and still dewy to the touch, even after a full 8 hours of sleep.

If this were more costly I would probably use this less often and supplement with my diy C serum but thank God I don't have to because I'm pretty lazy and always looking for products effective enough to facilitate that laziness.

In summary, effective, no BS vitamin C treatment at an incredible price provided it agrees with your skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This actually works! I'm on my 2nd tube.

I have tried a lot of different Vit C serums. No matter how many months of use I never saw any results. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this either, but for the price point, the strength and how stable this is (no water) I had to try it.

I am blown away. I had 1 spot on my face that has never faded. After 2-3 weeks of using this, every other night, the spot is easily 50% lighter. That is incredible.

Yes, when you apply it you'll feel the tiny grits in it - which is the vitamin c powder. This is also why this formula is so stable (no water) and your getting close to the actual %. Most products will state their %, but it is actually far lower because it's diluted with ingredients that make the texture/consistency more cosmetically elegant and not stable. I had already read about the texture so I was expecting it. The texture of it doesn't bother me any though. I apply it over my clean face before bed. It sinks in.

I'm looking for results from products, how they feel or the consistency of it, is of no concern to me.

If you just can't stand how the formula feels, put it on damp skin, that will immediately release the vit c powder. If it's irritating to your skin you can use it with a bit of plain moisturizer to help buffer your skin. I personally had zero irritation from this. But I've been using various acids, retnoids, etc for years. So my skin is accustomed to it, and, I don't have sensitive skin to begin with.

The tube is small, which I like. But it is mighty. I use this on my face, neck, chest and hands. 1 tube lasts me a couple of months.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. If you just can't get over the consistency of this formula on your face, you can use it on your hands, chest, shoulders, anywhere. I think it it definitely worth buying to see what you think.

on 8/9/2017 8:56:00 PM

I have been using this product now for a few months consistently, every other night. I have normal skin, 37 years old. I also use a tretinoin gel in my skin care routine. The first few applications of this vitamin c cream made my skin feel very uncomfortable because of the tingly feel, however I stuck to it and eventually my skin got accustomed to it. The texture and consistency is perfectly fine to me. I apply on a cleansed face and follow with a moisturizer after letting it absorb for about 30 min if I have time. The price is great and the results can't be beat! The morning after application I sometimes do a double take in the mirror because my skin is so bright and clear! I finished a bottle of the Drunk Elephant C-firma prior to this cream but I did not see the same results as with this product, plus I just can't justify spending the 100.00 CAD. The only gripe I have with this product is that the tube is so small! Though I won't complain as the price and results are so worth it! I also use the Buffet and Niacinemide (also from The Ordinary) every so often but I find keeping it very simple with the two main actives, plus some facial oils and good moisturizers (I love Egyptian Magic) in my routine really does wonders for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

In February I introduced Vitamin C into my routine in the morning to help brighten my complexion and fade my pigmentation from acne in the past. The first one I used was the Clique Fresh Pressed Vitamin C serum, then the Hylamide Vitamin C oil, followed by The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23 % and now I am trying Drunk Elephant C Firma.

I prefer to use Vitamin C in the morning because I use a AHA or BHA lotion at night. I use vitamin C after I have cleansed my face in the morning on bare clean skin. I do this mainly because I feel as if its having the best effect as the first step but that might not be scientifically correct. I then follow the Vitamin C with a hydrating serum and then a water based moisturizer for the morning followed by SPF. Done!

The Ordinary Vitamin C is a gritty Vitamin C powder suspended in a white "cream". It is suspended in the cream to make powder stable. Because of this it has a gritty texture. In my opinion the grit doesn't really go away and is very difficult to work it in to your skin. It feels like an exfoliation when you are rubbing it in. The rough texture plus the vitamin c means this can very easily aggravate sensitive skin or even skin that isn't particularly sensitive like mine. I usually don't get red from Vitamin C, but this one really stung and was made worse by the fact you have to rub it in a lot to get the grit to go down. This is why I have rated it soo low. I just can't get along with the texture.

At this point I cannot speak for the benefits of the Vitamin C on the fading of pigmentation or brightening because I have only used this 5 times. I did not see immediate brightening or fading. I can't keep using it because its too irritating due to the gritty texture. I like the squeezy package and it gets bonus points for being so affordable. However I would prefer to spend more (which I know is a privilege) for a formula that is easier to use and feels better.

Sorry Deciem! Love the Hyaluronic Acid thought :)

I so so badly wanted to love this product but I really don't. The gritty texture is annoying, but what kills this for me is that it is impossible to use in a routine: it pills SO badly that I can only use it at night on its own because it pills in combination with absolutely everything. I did read they will be bringing out a high % vit C in a different formulation so I hope those work out because I wont be re purchasing this one.

on 7/11/2017 9:18:00 AM

This is a great product. Deciem say it is their most powerful vit c formulation and the only one I've tried. The texture is weird like they all say, it's a little gritty going on, but not at all uncomfortable. It is oily-feeling right after application, which I like, I skip moisturizer. I use this last after my other serums and treatments, due to the texture, at night, probably 3 times a week. My skin is very soft afterward.