Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This literally burned my skin. I love topical vitamin c products (Shout out to Drunk Elephant Firma C)..... but I gave this a try as I applaud The Ordinary 's efforts in bringing effective and budget friendly skincare to the masses.

This ticks the budget friendly box, but what's the use in that if it leaves your skin in worse shape.

on 10/20/2017 12:23:00 AM

Took me a while to warm up to this product. Definitely needed to ramp up to using it at full strength and, even now, I can only use it every other day or so. It tends to dry my skin out and make the corners of my mouth peel if I use it too frequently. As I have tret sensitive skin, I already have problems with peeling. All that being said, I think this is an excellent product. Not wonderfully elegant with the grit, but it doesn’t bother me too much - particularly as I use it at night. Has helped give a bit of a glow and improved texture issues. With how expensive Vit C formulas can be and the benefit if not having to worry about oxidation in the tube, this product is a winner to me. I’ve already bought a backup.

on 10/6/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have no idea whether or not this product works, because I only used it a couple times before I gave up. The texture is hard to get used to. It's gritty, which I could get past, but it's also really greasy - which was the deal-breaker for me. It tastes like oranges if you get any on your lips.

on 10/16/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few days now, and I just can't get past the texture. It's gritty and feels more like a facial scrub than a serum. Plus it's very oily, it makes my face extremely greasy. I've developed a few small pimples on my forehead this week and I'm sure it's from this. Wish I could give it a better rating, but the texture is just too weird for me.

Two days after I wrote this review, I now have pimples all over my face, haven't had such a large breakout in many years. I haven't used any other new products, so it has to be this product.

on 10/1/2017 12:43:00 AM

I really don't mind the "gritty" feel of this product if it was easier to use, and didn't burn my neck. I find that the only way I can use this is in the a.m., but normally it just doesn't look good under makeup. On days I work at home, I wear it around the house in the morning. One other problem is that if it drip s down on my neck, or gets mixed in with a moisturizer that goes on my neck- I end up with terrible burns. My poor neck looked like I had burned it with a curling iron. The only thing that seemed to help is the Aquaphor Healing Ointment, which I slathered on several times a day. Finally the scabs feel off, but now I have very red skin to cover up. I hope 30% product will suit me better!

on 10/19/2017 11:37:00 PM

This product gave the worst BREAK OUT I've had in years! ... After using The Ordinary's Buffet and Niacinamide for over a month and noticing a nice improvement in my skin condition (way less dry patches and less noticeable pores), I decided to incorporate Vitamin C 23% along with Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (like The Ordinary recommends on their site) I kept using Buffet+Niacinamide at am and did VitC+Resveratrol at pm. There was definitely tingling and there was definitely a gritty texture, I did not mind this at all, what I did mind was how oily this was. I woke up with my face still covered in 'grease'. I reduced the amount considerably the second time I used it (half a pea size of VitC and 2 drops of Resveratrol. The second day I woke up with two pimples/nodules. I kept using it in very tiny amount since I thought the pimples were stress/diet related. After 3 weeks I am now convinced this product caused my break out. I watched my diet and whiteheads and nodules just kept coming. It will take my skin months to recover and the marks on my skin are going to be way worse than before I started using this. This may have worked for some people but not for me. My face has not look like this since I was in high school. For the record, I have mature oily and dehydrated skin and an occasional pimple was never wierd (usually during stressful periods, like a pimple every 2 months or so) My skin was starting to get better before I introduced this product in my rutine.

on 9/26/2017 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my second tube of this. I use it in the morning and layer with other products on top. While I don't really get stinging and I do find it quite moisturizing I don't think I have really had a noticeable improvement in my skin with it. I would expect radiance, perhaps a small reduction in fine lines. I guess the real test would be to stop using it and see if my skin looks worse.

on 9/23/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this, I don't love it. I don't mind the texture, or the weird plastic smell, but I don't find it's doing much for my skin. I find that too much comes out of the tube at once because it is really runny.I wish this did a little more for me, but I honestly haven't noticed a difference in my skin... but you can't beat the price!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I want to be clear, I am NOT using this on my face and won't even try it with the ingredient list. I bought this to use on my neck, decolletage, and hands.

I am loving this on my decolletage & hands, but it was too strong on my neck. The skin on my hands is brighter & I'm happy I can put A+ ingredients on skin other than my face for an affordable price.

So! after being really angry with this product for the weird gritty texture, i finally worked out how to use it! i squeeze a little bit in between the palms of my hands and warm it up, like you woyld do with an oilserum... the grits dissapear and than i do put it on my face by patting it softly... like that i can use the cream in the morning before my la roche anthelios KA spf50+ . So instead of using it in the evening i use it now in the morning, and that's great so i can use The ordinary Retinoid in the night!! So happy with this discovery because i love what it does for my skin, it gives a nice glow and keeps my skin blemish free... if the brightning effect is working im not sure, i will have to use it longer to see the result...but for now really happy!