Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

2.9

on 10/16/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few days now, and I just can't get past the texture. It's gritty and feels more like a facial scrub than a serum. Plus it's very oily, it makes my face extremely greasy. I've developed a few small pimples on my forehead this week and I'm sure it's from this. Wish I could give it a better rating, but the texture is just too weird for me.

Two days after I wrote this review, I now have pimples all over my face, haven't had such a large breakout in many years. I haven't used any other new products, so it has to be this product.

on 10/6/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have no idea whether or not this product works, because I only used it a couple times before I gave up. The texture is hard to get used to. It's gritty, which I could get past, but it's also really greasy - which was the deal-breaker for me. It tastes like oranges if you get any on your lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After reading several reviews I was concerned that this serum would be too much for my sensitive skin. Thankfully, I only felt a horrible burning sensation when I applied it on my neck. On my face, I only feel an intense tingling for a few minutes. The grit from the L-Ascorbic Acid powder doesn’t bother me I gently massage it in and the gritty texture dissipates within 10 to 15 minutes. The squalane that the vitamin C is suspended in, is hydrating and suitable for my dry but acne prone skin. I use it every morning under my Cotz Sensitive SPF 40, BareMinerals Original Foundation, and NARS RCC. As of this review I’ve only used it for the past 3 weeks so I have no significant changes in hyperpigmentation to report.

on 8/14/2017 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Initially, the texture of this product turn me off. Then I tried applying it with a slightly damp face or when I had just applied a moisturizing toner. This helps break up the grit and help it sink into your skin. I still only use this at night but I definitely see results.

After reading reviews about this I decided to try it out as it is cheap and I knew to be cautious about initial discomfort. I have used other vitamin c serums before in various strengths so I am familiar with the effects.
My God! Discomfort!?! Burning like someone threw acid in my face. I tried it in microscopic amounts, before and after moisturiser and every other soothing carrier I could think of. Agony, redness, lumps. I looked like I had aged 10 years overnight.
If I wanted to look and feel this bad I could just go and stay with my mother in law who, according to my daughter,is so evil she drinks unicorn blood to survive.

on 6/12/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used vitamin-c and retin-a for a year, so I know how to use these properly and safely. I decided to try the ordinary 23% vit c. Should have washed it off when the BURNING sensation started but I thought I'd endure it as it would surely subside. It didn't. Finally washed it off but the damage was done. Chemical burns--very bad on jawline, chin and cheek areas. Be careful and if it seriously stings or burns, rinse thoroughly and wash it off! It's been almost two months and I'm still dealing with dry, peeling skin, itching, and rough, ugly skin texture in areas. Only using cerave cleanser for dry skin and food grade coconut oil to cleanse, and for moisturizing a 2% colloidal oatmeal cream by skintastic, Avene thermal water spray, and a b5 serum from timeless skincare. I hope the day will come that I can get back to my original regime. It was working. I shouldn't have tried the 23% vitamin c!

on 6/10/2017 3:45:00 AM

This is a HG for me. After only a few uses removed my pigmentations. My skin looks very young, healthy and glowy. This is an amazing product at a ridiculous price. I Love this stuff! Thank you so much DECIEM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I figured out how to make this product work.

Okay, first off, this product burned like f***. I just needed to vent, k?

The first three nights were unbearable and I couldn't deal with it. I've had to figure out how to apply this properly and adjust my routine around it.

1. This is, so far, not a good product for daytime, as the grease never seems to wear away. I recommend Silk Natural's serums as far as that goes, or Timeless, if you don't want to shell out the big bucks for Skinceuticals.

2. I wear this every other night, and try to use products that are more soothing otherwise, such as Niacinamide, and repairing, like peptides. I try to lay off the acids otherwise.

3. A dime sized amount is all you need, and I mix it in with a little lotion to add to my face. Bam. Grit that everyone is complaining about is gone. It seems to work better as a "booster" than a serum.

I need to test this a little longer to see if it's really superior, but for the price, not bad.

Note: This supposedly contains coconut derivatives which are comedogenic for some. I've had a few pimples but I'm waiting around to see if my skin gets used to it. Also, I've read that c needs vitamin e to work better, and I'm not sure this has that in it. Might want to wear it mixed in with a vitamin E moisturizer. CVS has a nice generic one that's about $5.

NOTE: This form of vitamin C clashes with Niacinamide!!! Don't use them together.

on 4/2/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Edit: I didn't use it for the full 4 weeks. It's just too grainy. I've started mixing it half and half with Hada Labo's Premium HA. It works like a dream as a face mask. I use it in the a.m. when I get up for about an hour and rinse off in the shower.

Pros:

1. Good level of Vitamin C
2. Dirt cheap
3. I like the tube packaging way better than droppers
4. It's not going to go bad and oxidize quickly like 99% of C serums I see on the shelves
5. After two or three nights in a row it doesn't sting, even around my lips (edit: it started to around my nose)

Cons:

1. The grit. I just accept it and wait 20 minutes or so and it's gone
2. It's fairly greasy and stays that way until morning
3. It's waaaaay too strong to use on my neck and chest, even when diluted to 1/4 strength or less
4. It makes my chin break out terribly - to be fair, all exfoliating products do - so I have to skip that area

I haven't used it consistently but will start this week, so I'm not sure if it's effective. A decent percent of people do not respond to Vitamin C and from using even good C serums in the past I think I'm one of them, unfortunately.

I can throw a Japanese hyaluronic acid serum over this and seal it in with some CeraVe cream if I'm not too lazy and it feels better and less greasy, so that's an option of you don't want to head to bed with a shiny face.

I will update after using it for four weeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I first heard of this line from Wayne Goss. Attracted to the low prices and simple ingredient list, I went for it. I got the rosehip oil and the vitamin c suspension.
I do not like this mainly because of the texture- it is very gritty and grainy and it sits on top of my skin, it takes a lot of time to absorve completely. The smell is also kind of "rubbery".
I noticed no real differences in my skin. But for the price you should try it for yourself, it might work out for you.