Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG, yes!! Okay, the texture kind of sucks; it's a little greasy and gritty. It might cause some itching when first applied, but holy hell! I noticed a difference after 2 nights. My skin looked smoother and more even-toned. Truthfully, because this is a non-aqueous vitamin C suspension, I don't think they could change the formula to be more elegant and comfortable without sacrificing efficacy. I am ok with that. If you want a silky, milky, sweet-smelling spa treat, don't let me dissuade you from looking elsewhere. But, if you want the "Big Guns" and don't mind slathering on a less-than-elegant feeling treatment as long as it gets the job done (and at an amazing price to boot!) get this. Notes: I wouldn't recommend using directly after deep exfoliation. Probably not ideal for super sensitive skin- at least not full-strength. For more gradual absorption of the vitamin c, use on dry skin, not while still damp after cleansing. Some film-forming products will pill if applied over this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This actually works! I'm on my 2nd tube.

I have tried a lot of different Vit C serums. No matter how many months of use I never saw any results. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this either, but for the price point, the strength and how stable this is (no water) I had to try it.

I am blown away. I had 1 spot on my face that has never faded. After 2-3 weeks of using this, every other night, the spot is easily 50% lighter. That is incredible.

Yes, when you apply it you'll feel the tiny grits in it - which is the vitamin c powder. This is also why this formula is so stable (no water) and your getting close to the actual %. Most products will state their %, but it is actually far lower because it's diluted with ingredients that make the texture/consistency more cosmetically elegant and not stable. I had already read about the texture so I was expecting it. The texture of it doesn't bother me any though. I apply it over my clean face before bed. It sinks in.

I'm looking for results from products, how they feel or the consistency of it, is of no concern to me.

If you just can't stand how the formula feels, put it on damp skin, that will immediately release the vit c powder. If it's irritating to your skin you can use it with a bit of plain moisturizer to help buffer your skin. I personally had zero irritation from this. But I've been using various acids, retnoids, etc for years. So my skin is accustomed to it, and, I don't have sensitive skin to begin with.

The tube is small, which I like. But it is mighty. I use this on my face, neck, chest and hands. 1 tube lasts me a couple of months.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. If you just can't get over the consistency of this formula on your face, you can use it on your hands, chest, shoulders, anywhere. I think it it definitely worth buying to see what you think.

on 3/8/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all this is a highly concentrated form of vitamin C and Hylaronic Acid. This means that if your skin can tolerate it then it will work extremely well. This is the only vitamin C that I have used that has had noticeable positive effects on my skin!

I have an extremely oily T zone and normal cheeks and I use this all over my face on most nights im not being lazy. I dont have sensitive skin so I only felt and extremely light tingle around my nose area but there was no sting and this only happened on maybe the first 4 days. If you have sensitive skin then mix some into your moisturiser just before you put in on your face and you can also spritz your face with water or even better some thermal water if you have it. This is suitable for all skin types only extremely sensitive people should probably stay away.

Ok so for starters, Vitamin C in its natural form is a powder. Yes this means it is gritty, yes this will pill if not used correctly and it will also be oily as powder will take longer to sink into the skin. Although in saying this the grit is very mild (not like a physical exfoliant level). For it not to pill you need to make sure you are layering your other products around it correctly and that you are allowing enough time inbetween each item for them to sink in and not be on top of your skin. For these reasons I will only use this at night or if I am hanging at home for a few hours. Only water based very light products can be used before this e.g. Essence, Toner, and I use The Ordinary Buffet peptide serum. Before putting the vitamin C on make sure you wait about 10 minutes if using these products before hand.

Now onto application. Less is absolutely more with this product. Open it upside down so that a heap doesnt fall out when you squeeze it as its very runny. You'll probably want less than a 5 cent piece. If you use more than this then it will be extremely greasy and take FOREVER to sink into the skin. If you use this small amount then your skin should look shiny although not have a smooth oily texture. It will be gritty to touch if applied properly. Now you also cannot rub it in! This will pill because its powder, makes sense right! Gently push it into your skin quickly, this will ensure no pill.

After half an hour the vitamin C will have melted into your skin through its own water content and then you can apply your oil or moisturiser as per normal pill free.

When I wake up of a morning my face is noticeably brighter, plumper, smoother and more even toned. This really is a miricle product even if it cost over $100 to buy I would still probably buy it. I costs $9.90 AUD though so you may as well give it a go to see if it does work for you. I am going to purchase another 3 bottle's to have on stand buy incase for some reason I am unable to get it again. Please use it as I have described above as some of the other comments I can see that people are not using it correctly. This is HOLY GRAIL!

on 3/12/2017 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have used this product for only a week and I can't believe how good my skin looks - I keep staring at it lol. Yes it's grainy when applied but these granules disappear when massaged in. Yes it's quite greasy, but again this absorbs into the skin after 30 mins or so; for this reason it must be used at night as makeup will not apply over it. I was sceptical when buying this as the reviews are mixed, but I thought I'd give it a try as its so cheap. I'm so glad I did - my skin is looking so smooth and revitalised and bumps that have sat on my skin for years are diminishing. An absolute dream of a product imho. Definite repurchase for me.

on 5/5/2017 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG product for me! This is the only vitamin c product I've tried that has made a true difference in my skin. I see visible results with every use, it is very potent, so I use it only twice a week. In the morning my skin looks divine, I look well rested and fresh. The price also cannot be beat. The texture is a bit odd, yes, but it really isn't that big of a deal in my opinion - I always use this at night-time and mix it with a moisturiser and that way you can hardly tell it's a bit gritty and greasy. And really I don't mind, cause it just works that well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a LOT. The texture is very runny, although the cream feels rich and is easy to spread on my face. It dries down really quickly though, and doesn't feel greasy at all. It's true that it's gritty, like a soft exfoliator. I read somewhere that a way to make it better is to mix it with hyaluronic acid (I use the one from the same brand). It dissolves the little "grains" and make it better. I use this on days where I'm staying at home; that's because vitamin C stops being active really quickly if it's mixed with other actives. For this reason, I think it's better to think of it as a mask that you would use as a cream and leave for several hours before washing it off. I think it's very effective, I can see that my pigmentation is fading, and it brightens my complexion a lot; my pores are a lot smaller, too. It's a great product, especially for the price point. I also use the 2% retinoid and the 10% lactic acid from the Ordinary, and my face has never been clearer- to the point where I feel okay going out without any foundation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I wanted so badly for this product to help with my acne scarring and pigmentation but alas it has been over a month and I'm not seeing much change, on top of that the gritty texture of the formulation doesn't help its cause.

For those who love the product and are seeing results, I've read that it helps to have your skin super hydrated before applying the Vitamin C (toner beforehand) and another tip was to mix it with a Hyaluronic acid product, apparently that helps with the absorption as well (this tip was provided by someone who works at The Ordinary to a beauty blogger). But basically the grittiness was on purpose as it's a more powerful dose for our skin.

Good luck to those seeing results! Will not be repurchasing this one.

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I want to be clear, I am NOT using this on my face and won't even try it with the ingredient list. I bought this to use on my neck, decolletage, and hands.

I am loving this on my decolletage & hands, but it was too strong on my neck. The skin on my hands is brighter & I'm happy I can put A+ ingredients on skin other than my face for an affordable price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.