Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I want to be clear, I am NOT using this on my face and won't even try it with the ingredient list. I bought this to use on my neck, decolletage, and hands.

I am loving this on my decolletage & hands, but it was too strong on my neck. The skin on my hands is brighter & I'm happy I can put A+ ingredients on skin other than my face for an affordable price.

on 9/16/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this. I haven't been using it for very long so I can't speak for the results other than the immediate feel and look after applying this to my face. I feel that it does brighten my complexion and amps up the glow. It is super affordable. Yea, the texture isn't the best but it doesn't bug me. Tingling is minimal on me, and to be honest, I love the tingling sensation. I don't use it everyday, only once a week. I already have a back up, I like it that much. time will tell if it fades my age spots.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

When I ordered this I was pretty scared the Vitamin C will sting my skin but i was very surprised to find out it didn't sting at all (never used a Vitamin C product/and type of acid in my life). After about 3 days of using this once a day (after the shower, letting it soak into my skin for about 100 minutes and then rinsing it), my nose and forehead area that used to get super oily throughout the day actually dried up! It's not an uncomfortable dry-peeled skin kind of feel but a comfortable smooth matt feeling. A feeling I've never felt before and my skin feels incredible. I would even advise putting on a bit of moisturizer to avoid a rough dry feeling.
Overall super happy with it (and with the affordable price tag) and will definitely purchase again!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This actually works! I'm on my 2nd tube.

I have tried a lot of different Vit C serums. No matter how many months of use I never saw any results. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this either, but for the price point, the strength and how stable this is (no water) I had to try it.

I am blown away. I had 1 spot on my face that has never faded. After 2-3 weeks of using this, every other night, the spot is easily 50% lighter. That is incredible.

Yes, when you apply it you'll feel the tiny grits in it - which is the vitamin c powder. This is also why this formula is so stable (no water) and your getting close to the actual %. Most products will state their %, but it is actually far lower because it's diluted with ingredients that make the texture/consistency more cosmetically elegant and not stable. I had already read about the texture so I was expecting it. The texture of it doesn't bother me any though. I apply it over my clean face before bed. It sinks in.

I'm looking for results from products, how they feel or the consistency of it, is of no concern to me.

If you just can't stand how the formula feels, put it on damp skin, that will immediately release the vit c powder. If it's irritating to your skin you can use it with a bit of plain moisturizer to help buffer your skin. I personally had zero irritation from this. But I've been using various acids, retnoids, etc for years. So my skin is accustomed to it, and, I don't have sensitive skin to begin with.

The tube is small, which I like. But it is mighty. I use this on my face, neck, chest and hands. 1 tube lasts me a couple of months.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. If you just can't get over the consistency of this formula on your face, you can use it on your hands, chest, shoulders, anywhere. I think it it definitely worth buying to see what you think.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I wanted so badly for this product to help with my acne scarring and pigmentation but alas it has been over a month and I'm not seeing much change, on top of that the gritty texture of the formulation doesn't help its cause.

For those who love the product and are seeing results, I've read that it helps to have your skin super hydrated before applying the Vitamin C (toner beforehand) and another tip was to mix it with a Hyaluronic acid product, apparently that helps with the absorption as well (this tip was provided by someone who works at The Ordinary to a beauty blogger). But basically the grittiness was on purpose as it's a more powerful dose for our skin.

Good luck to those seeing results! Will not be repurchasing this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best products I ever used. It reduces some acne, pigmentation, makes skin look lighter and healthier.

on 5/5/2017 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG product for me! This is the only vitamin c product I've tried that has made a true difference in my skin. I see visible results with every use, it is very potent, so I use it only twice a week. In the morning my skin looks divine, I look well rested and fresh. The price also cannot be beat. The texture is a bit odd, yes, but it really isn't that big of a deal in my opinion - I always use this at night-time and mix it with a moisturiser and that way you can hardly tell it's a bit gritty and greasy. And really I don't mind, cause it just works that well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG, yes!! Okay, the texture kind of sucks; it's a little greasy and gritty. It might cause some itching when first applied, but holy hell! I noticed a difference after 2 nights. My skin looked smoother and more even-toned. Truthfully, because this is a non-aqueous vitamin C suspension, I don't think they could change the formula to be more elegant and comfortable without sacrificing efficacy. I am ok with that. If you want a silky, milky, sweet-smelling spa treat, don't let me dissuade you from looking elsewhere. But, if you want the "Big Guns" and don't mind slathering on a less-than-elegant feeling treatment as long as it gets the job done (and at an amazing price to boot!) get this. Notes: I wouldn't recommend using directly after deep exfoliation. Probably not ideal for super sensitive skin- at least not full-strength. For more gradual absorption of the vitamin c, use on dry skin, not while still damp after cleansing. Some film-forming products will pill if applied over this.

on 3/12/2017 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have used this product for only a week and I can't believe how good my skin looks - I keep staring at it lol. Yes it's grainy when applied but these granules disappear when massaged in. Yes it's quite greasy, but again this absorbs into the skin after 30 mins or so; for this reason it must be used at night as makeup will not apply over it. I was sceptical when buying this as the reviews are mixed, but I thought I'd give it a try as its so cheap. I'm so glad I did - my skin is looking so smooth and revitalised and bumps that have sat on my skin for years are diminishing. An absolute dream of a product imho. Definite repurchase for me.