Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 11/22/2017 8:25:00 AM

If you are on the shelf about getting this product - I say BUY IT. NOW. Especially if you are considering this or a $100+ vitamin c serum.

I actually have never reviewed a product before, but this has visibly reduced my pigmentation in 2 weeks. I had my skin analysed at a spa 2 weeks ago, just before I started using this product - I had not introduced anything else new - and when I went in this week for follow up images there was a very noticeable different in my skin! Like crazy. The girl was like - what have you been using?? And I didn't even want to tell her because here they are hawking $160 serums and my $9.80 brand came through with the goods.

Most negative reviews here (that nearly scared me off from buying this! damn you! evil spawns of satan!) are based on either irritation or consistenty of product, not actual results (obviously irritation makes it hard to get results cause you have to stop - so i'll give you that). Anyway here was my experience:

Irritation: I have sensitive (yes, truly sensitive - dermatitis prone) fair skin and blue eyes and did not find this irritating at all which is surprising. It DOES tingle, a lot, which freaked me out on first application - but I have not experienced any irritation. I was going to spot test it but I'm impatient so thankgod that worked out or it would not have been pretty.

Consistency: I was expecting the worst and happily surprised. It's a milky emulsion that is oil based, with small vitamin c particles in it which does give the product a slightly gritty texture. As for the grittiness - I apply this to slightly damp skin, and don't even notice. I think the damp skin helps, but have used it dry and it was fine.

Finish: Oooh is this oily. It does leave the skin shiny and since it is an oil based product (squalene) it takes ~20 minutes to absorb in, but if that's a big problem then I say just stick to using it in the PM. I use mine AM too but I don't use foundation, just a sunscreen after. I can see how with foundation on top this could all get to be a little too shiny.

ALL UP - if you have visible pigmentation (freckles or blemish scars) you want to reduce - get it.
If you don't have this, then maybe it's not for you, but it's 9.80AU so get it anyway.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This literally burned my skin. I love topical vitamin c products (Shout out to Drunk Elephant Firma C)..... but I gave this a try as I applaud The Ordinary 's efforts in bringing effective and budget friendly skincare to the masses.

This ticks the budget friendly box, but what's the use in that if it leaves your skin in worse shape.

on 10/20/2017 12:23:00 AM

Took me a while to warm up to this product. Definitely needed to ramp up to using it at full strength and, even now, I can only use it every other day or so. It tends to dry my skin out and make the corners of my mouth peel if I use it too frequently. As I have tret sensitive skin, I already have problems with peeling. All that being said, I think this is an excellent product. Not wonderfully elegant with the grit, but it doesn’t bother me too much - particularly as I use it at night. Has helped give a bit of a glow and improved texture issues. With how expensive Vit C formulas can be and the benefit if not having to worry about oxidation in the tube, this product is a winner to me. I’ve already bought a backup.

on 10/19/2017 11:37:00 PM

This product gave the worst BREAK OUT I've had in years! ... After using The Ordinary's Buffet and Niacinamide for over a month and noticing a nice improvement in my skin condition (way less dry patches and less noticeable pores), I decided to incorporate Vitamin C 23% along with Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (like The Ordinary recommends on their site) I kept using Buffet+Niacinamide at am and did VitC+Resveratrol at pm. There was definitely tingling and there was definitely a gritty texture, I did not mind this at all, what I did mind was how oily this was. I woke up with my face still covered in 'grease'. I reduced the amount considerably the second time I used it (half a pea size of VitC and 2 drops of Resveratrol. The second day I woke up with two pimples/nodules. I kept using it in very tiny amount since I thought the pimples were stress/diet related. After 3 weeks I am now convinced this product caused my break out. I watched my diet and whiteheads and nodules just kept coming. It will take my skin months to recover and the marks on my skin are going to be way worse than before I started using this. This may have worked for some people but not for me. My face has not look like this since I was in high school. For the record, I have mature oily and dehydrated skin and an occasional pimple was never wierd (usually during stressful periods, like a pimple every 2 months or so) My skin was starting to get better before I introduced this product in my rutine.

So! after being really angry with this product for the weird gritty texture, i finally worked out how to use it! i squeeze a little bit in between the palms of my hands and warm it up, like you woyld do with an oilserum... the grits dissapear and than i do put it on my face by patting it softly... like that i can use the cream in the morning before my la roche anthelios KA spf50+ . So instead of using it in the evening i use it now in the morning, and that's great so i can use The ordinary Retinoid in the night!! So happy with this discovery because i love what it does for my skin, it gives a nice glow and keeps my skin blemish free... if the brightning effect is working im not sure, i will have to use it longer to see the result...but for now really happy!

on 9/23/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this, I don't love it. I don't mind the texture, or the weird plastic smell, but I don't find it's doing much for my skin. I find that too much comes out of the tube at once because it is really runny.I wish this did a little more for me, but I honestly haven't noticed a difference in my skin... but you can't beat the price!

on 8/9/2017 8:56:00 PM

I have been using this product now for a few months consistently, every other night. I have normal skin, 37 years old. I also use a tretinoin gel in my skin care routine. The first few applications of this vitamin c cream made my skin feel very uncomfortable because of the tingly feel, however I stuck to it and eventually my skin got accustomed to it. The texture and consistency is perfectly fine to me. I apply on a cleansed face and follow with a moisturizer after letting it absorb for about 30 min if I have time. The price is great and the results can't be beat! The morning after application I sometimes do a double take in the mirror because my skin is so bright and clear! I finished a bottle of the Drunk Elephant C-firma prior to this cream but I did not see the same results as with this product, plus I just can't justify spending the 100.00 CAD. The only gripe I have with this product is that the tube is so small! Though I won't complain as the price and results are so worth it! I also use the Buffet and Niacinemide (also from The Ordinary) every so often but I find keeping it very simple with the two main actives, plus some facial oils and good moisturizers (I love Egyptian Magic) in my routine really does wonders for my skin.

I so so badly wanted to love this product but I really don't. The gritty texture is annoying, but what kills this for me is that it is impossible to use in a routine: it pills SO badly that I can only use it at night on its own because it pills in combination with absolutely everything. I did read they will be bringing out a high % vit C in a different formulation so I hope those work out because I wont be re purchasing this one.

on 6/22/2017 10:13:00 PM

This stuff burns so bad. I couldn't stand it after the 3rd night. What a waste. It broke me out causing me to have a couple of large pimples on my cheeks. I had high hopes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A decent Vitamin C serum, *if* you can put up with the gritty texture. I just finished up a tube of this, and while I think it worked as well as any other Vitamin C serum I've ever tried, I'm excited to be rid of it so that I can move on to something new. The consistency of this product is just so awful to work with. It's a little difficult to apply and spread, has a greasy texture that takes forever to absorb, and the grit of the vitamin C spheres is so unpleasant and takes a lot of patting to make it go away. I tried applying it on damp (even pretty wet) skin as some of the other reviewers had suggested, but I didn't find that it helped. This stuff can sting pretty fiercely if you use too much (which is easy to do because of how difficult it is to spread). Way worse than from any other high % Vitamin C serum that I've tried. Also, the squeeze tube packaging is a terrible delivery system for a product you're supposed to only use a small amount of.

Basically, unless you're looking for the cheapest shelf-stable vitamin C serum you can possibly find, I can't recommend this. There are better Vitamin-C serums out there, even in the under-$30 category.