Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.6

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This was my absolute favorite product from the ordinary for a white, it’s instantly incredibly brightening & I noticed a lot of improvement in my skin, HOWEVER, I have really struggled to layer this product with other elements of my skincare without piling or a ‘greasy’ looking finish. I am now trying to use the 12% vitamin C water-based product from the ordinary as I find this layers much better. Having said that I find this was by far the most visibly brightening between the two so hopefully if I go back to this product and use a very small amount I will be able to make it work for me. Strong pros but strong cons.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As other say, it feels a bit grainy and gritty but doesn’t bother me too much. I’m not seeing much results for my face. Maybe it’s no good for those with mild rosacea.

on 10/23/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’m afraid that while there’s no denying this product is excellent value for money and provides a solution to the instability of vitamin c, I would not purchase again. The cons just out weigh the pros. I understand the science behind why it’s gritty but I find rubbing it into my face irritating, for some reason the taste always ends up in my mouth and lastly, for me a vit c product is for the mornings so retinols may be used at night. This just doesn’t work under make up particularly if you’re in a hurry. If you’re able to leave it for ages it’s not too bad but I find it balls and is gritty under the make up if doing a normal morning for work make up. I will try the newer one and see if it’s any better

on 10/1/2017 12:43:00 AM

I really don't mind the "gritty" feel of this product if it was easier to use, and didn't burn my neck. I find that the only way I can use this is in the a.m., but normally it just doesn't look good under makeup. On days I work at home, I wear it around the house in the morning. One other problem is that if it drip s down on my neck, or gets mixed in with a moisturizer that goes on my neck- I end up with terrible burns. My poor neck looked like I had burned it with a curling iron. The only thing that seemed to help is the Aquaphor Healing Ointment, which I slathered on several times a day. Finally the scabs feel off, but now I have very red skin to cover up. I hope 30% product will suit me better!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Many people have had problems with stinging and even severe irritation, but that hasn't been a problem for me. I think some of the problem may be that people who have never used a Vitamin C product before have used this instead of starting with something less potent. For them I would suggest trying one of the other formulas that The Ordinary has that are milder.
I have used Vitamin C products before this, so it wasn't such a shock for my skin. But I can honestly say that it was a shock to me when I looked in the mirror the morning after my first application of this and saw the incredible difference just one use had made! My skin was brighter, appeared more luminous and even toned than it had been the night before. There was such a difference that I kept checking my face in the mirror just to be sure I wasn't going crazy. I have never, ever had a skincare product that produced such fantastic results in just one application. I have been using it every other night, and my skin continues to improve in appearance. On the nights that I don't use this, I use the Azelaic Acid by The Ordinary which also works to even and brighten skin tone.
I honestly can't recommend this highly enough. It is a miracle in a,tube (the packaging was changed from the bottle to a tube). The only caveat is that I recommend trying a less potent form first before trying this. It's better to start with a lesser strength and work your way up, rather than jumping straight to this and running the risk of a severe reaction. For me, though, this is the holy grail of vitamin C serums.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not enjoy this product. The grittiness of the HA spheres was too much for me to bear. Effects similar to other vitamin C products.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like this stuff. A lot. I know the texture is grainy, and the packaging not great, but the cost and how it make my skin look is more than worth it. It is recommended to use this as a night treatment anyway so I have no issues with how it looks under makeup. I put this on a clean face, and the first few times I used it it was very tingly - almost uncomfortably so. It's a similar feeling to the green apple Peel if you have ever used that. If you fan you face for a few minutes tho it's fine. The next morning my skin looks amazing. Clear, glowing and even. The change in my skin since switching to The Original regime has been remarkable.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this vitamin c product for about two months now. The tube is almost finished. Overall, I would say I did see a difference in the fading of acne scars. Although, I dislike the texture of the product. It's very gritty and feels quite thick. I usually apply this product after spritzing my face with water (using Avene thermal spray) and with my hands slight wet (running them under some water). This way, I find that the vitamin c serum goes on easier and the grits dissolve. I won't be buying this product again, I will try the ascorbyl glucoside solution next time.

on 5/19/2017 11:10:00 PM

I'm not usually one to write a review but after reading the reviews on this one I had to.
I have skin that is sometimes oily sometimes dry. So combination I would say
I'm the type of person with a good skin care routine and uses very active products.
I use Paula's choice products, and alpha H gycolic acid already.
I wanted to use a vitamin C once or twice a week (when not using my gycolic acid product) for the benifits, so I purchased this product.
I found this really beneficial for my skin to use just after cleansing once a week (considering it's so cheats but has great ingredient). It's slightly oily but i just left it on with no moisturizer over night... I woke up with such a nice glow and soft skin. I didn't get the tingling or irritation but I feel as if this is because my skin is use to really active products, so if your not one with a good skin care routine or already active ingredients, it might take a while to get use to!
Hope this helps some people

on 4/29/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a weird product and I hated it the first few times I tried it. I have melasma (hyperpigmentation) on my upper lip, which looks like a mustache and I have tried everything to lighten it with no results (or just light fading). I got this product and kept trying to figure out how to wear it under sunscreen in the am like you are supposed to do with a vitamin c product, it didn't rub in, it pulled horribly and I felt like I was just rubbing it all off. I watched a video where the lady said that anything with this high of a vitamin c should be worn at night as the formula can't be elegant due to the high amount of vitamin c. I use it at night every other night for 2 nights now and I have never seen such a lightening effect from a product and so fast! I've used it twice now this way and it still pulls like crazy but I just throw an oil on afterwards and pat it in trying to keep as much product on my skin as possible. If a product can be life changing then this is it but you may hate it at first until you figure out how to make it work for you.