Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Price: $

on 5/30/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my first time using Vitamin C.

PROS: I feel like it does make my skin brighter, in a short time I feel like it did something new. Pretty much every serum I use works well for me though, my skin just likes serums.

CONS: This is a nighttime only product because it's so OILY. It's not bad when you first apply it or spread it, but it sits on my skin and doesn't really absorb or go anywhere. I'm not really sure how well things can absorb over this. I wish this was a drier product, like if they removed the Hyaluronic Acid for instance. The price is also nice, but you get only 1oz of product.

OTHER: The grittiness and stinging factor were almost non-existent for me. The grittiness is caused by applying it to a dry face or a face that is completely devoid of other products before it and I would go so far to say it's incorrect to use it that way. This is a water free suspension so the crystals stay jagged and gritty if you apply it to a dry face and you may feel them. Apply it a damp face so they dissolve and the squalane locks some moisture in. Really, the grittiness is mostly a factor when laying and if your skin is dry. And for the stinging, I actually wanted it to produce more of a reaction on my skin. Most times I feel nothing, or if it does sting, it's on small areas and for like 2 seconds or less. With a lot of the other reviews I read, I have to wonder, "How compromised is your skin's barrier? Have you been exfoliating too much?" Those are the only circumstances this will sting when applied, but even then it's not that much.

OVERALL: I may repurchase this simply due to the price. Being a night only product, I don't mind the texture too much but it does stick out as a con. Next time, I'm going to try a one of the Ordinary's retinoids to see how that compares.

on 3/5/2017 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

It gave my face a chemical burn the first time I used it, and my skin is not normally very sensitive. As others have mentioned, I would only recommend using this for body.