Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/1/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used DIY Vitamin C serums in the past, so I know my skin responds well to L-ascorbic acid. I've used a couple of vitamin C derivative products (Mad Hippie and Andalou Naturals) recently and discovered that I much prefer straight up L-ascorbic acid. This stuff is ok. The texture is weird, but it's to be expected, it's a suspended powder. I get around it by putting a less than pea-sized drop on my hand, adding 2-3 drops of The Ordinary's Resveratrol, and rubbing my hands together vigorously before patting it onto my skin. My skin tends to be sensitive and applying this way hasn't irritated me yet. I have a jar of L-ascorbic powder and will be DIYing my vitamin C serums for a while. But I would totally repurchase this. It's cheap, kinda-fussy-but-less-fussy-than-DIY, and very visibly improves my skin tone.

on 6/19/2018 8:13:00 PM

I read a lot of reviews before trying this serum so I knew what I was getting. Frankly I was shopping for the price, because if I’m going to use a product very consistently I’d prefer it be inexpensive. This serum is a bit different than most Vit C serums I have tried. It feels more like a lotion, but goes on gritty and somehow also greasy at the same time. It definitely stung my skin and even after a week of daily application still tingles when I apply it. I don’t really mind that because it makes me feel like it’s working, but that’s just me. To help with the grittiness I apply the serum after splashing a bit of water on my face. It seems to break down the grit and helps with the stinging as well. It feels much more absorbed on the skin than application onto dry skin. All in all, great bang for your buck, if you’re not weirded out by strange textures. I’d prefer to be able to apply it twice per day, but I can only use during my PM routine because of the way it feels/looks on my face.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product really cannot be worn under makeup,or even at night,for me.
It remains sticky and gritty and I cannot possibly see putting anything over it
without it being a disaster,and it would rub off onto my pillowcase if I used it
at night.

That said,I have found a use for it. If I am home during the day,I will put it on as
a mask and leave on for as long as I can....I figure my skin will get some of the Vit C
benefits,so it's not a total loss.

Will not repurchase this,but looking forward to trying the Vit C powder,as I love
the Philosophy one.

No big deal in trying this,it's cheap enough