Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 2/15/2018 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Ugh I wanted to love this. Good Vitamin C serums are usually so expensive and oxidize like crazy. Right off the bat I hated the texture and how it went on my skin. Look I go to bed coated with Aquaphor some nights, so I don't mind being greasy while I sleep or even if I'm at home during the day time. But the greasiness of this was annoying for some reason, and gritty. I also had an uncomfortable tingling sensation the first few times I put this on, but I had expected that. But hey, if it worked in the long run, who cares right? Immediately something was amiss. Just a few hours after I put this on I had beginnings of an inflamed pimple, which I hadn't in a while. Okay, maybe it was something else in my routine. I soldiered on for a while and eventually gave up to focus on my new pimples that were popping up. They subsided. I think I even threw the tube away. But a year or so later, I was tempted again again by some really good reviews and thought maybe I hadn't given this a fair chance. Stupid me buys this exact same thing again (I must say this is not the first time I've gone to products which were probably/most definitely breaking me out. I don't know why I still haven't learned my lesson). Anyway, this time I started slow. I started mixing this with a moisturizer and used it every third day. Yup, same thing again. Oh well, I guess an inexpensive Vitamin C serum isn't in my cards.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

after first using had a shiny skin ,love it, purchase again !

on 2/5/2018 9:40:00 PM

I wanted to try a stronger formula of Vitamin C, and although the review of this product made me backed down a bit, I settled that I've always had a resilient skin so why not try, it's very affordable anyway.

I think this is the very first skincare that has ever made my skin sting like HELL and I started developing pimple here and there-not much, but it's visible. At first, I used it twice a day; morning and evening. So I thought maybe that's why it's too harsh for me (despite my thick skin) so I reduced it to morning use only (I live in tropical country and I spent approximately 2 hours everyday outside so I need a good anti-oxidant). I still can't bear the stinging sensation, especially because I have to layer it with sunscreen and make up. Finally, I switched it to evening use only and it works BEST.

Yes this is not an easy product to get along with, but with its amazing ingredient and crazy, cheap price, I think we must do the extra work to fit in with this product :)

Just be careful with the tube though, it always made me spill out too many product in the beginning.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Despite this product not really liked by many people, I really love this product.

L-Ascorbic Acid is the main ingredient in this product. Known as pure form of vitamin c, this LAA really unstable in water form so I really understand why The Ordinary make this product waterless and silicone free and it haves gritty texture. I saw many people complain the strong tingling even experienced burning. If this product used alone, it will become too strong for skin and causes reactions. Best mix this with moisturizer, it reduces tingling sensation and works better on my skin.

With gritty, milky white runny texture, and weird chemical smells, this product really win my heart. I mixed this with my moisturizer and I woke up with smoother, brighter and glowing. I really saw my acne scars reduced and my pores smaller.

I only dislike the packaging. It makes me always accidentally poured products too much.

Definitely going to purchase again if I run out of my current suspension.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I dont feel as though the other posters were given enough information when purchasing this product.
It feels gritty because its little chunks of concentrated vitamin C. By gently working this onto the skin it should not be like exfoliating - should be using gentle hands while apply products to the face anyways!! If you are completely against the grittiness even though it contributes to its strength and effectiveness - the ordinary offers a silicone base one that is more like a serum and is not gritty. For the price and effectiveness of this product, its a steal!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Everything about this is just.....no. The texture feels gritty like everyone says but it’s literally like rubbing a face scrub on your dry skin. So irritating and annoying. Why are there even HA spheres in this to begin with? It did not sting or make my face red, but to be honest I just did not want to fool with this weird gritty product and ended up returning it to Sephora. Price and packaging are both great, and it might be an effective product, but I’m so turned off by everything about this.....whatever this is. I think I’m just more of a serum/essence kinda girl!

on 1/10/2018 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The consistency of this product is bad. It feels like exfoliator rather than moisturizer/cream. I gave it a try a few times. First time was bad as my skin got red and started to tingle. The other 2 times it was fine but I had white marks on my face and it also became very oily. The price of course is amazing as well as the package. I would never buy again though.

on 1/10/2018 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I did not know how much I needed a bit of vitamin C other than taking it twice a day everyday, Whatever was I thinking? I fell upon this interesting line of very incredible, well priced, facial treatments and I have been completely surprised!
I found my fav online beauty store started carrying them and so I looked them up and in doing so found out that this company did with these ingredients what others have done but not at a price that makes one need to put a second mortgage on their home to buy the product. Oh happiness!! Luxury products...CHEAP!! I digress, sorry. :-) LOL
This has a bit of a gritty texture which is fine with me. If used alone it does sting (you're using vitamin C on your face whaddya expect) before using moisturizer. I use this first a very thin application (yes it stings) but I follow with a facial oil I've been using (not of the ordinary), then I use "The Ordinary" natural moisturizer and follow that with a heavier cream for nighttime and I'm off to bed. When I wake up I have the smoothest skin, the red is fading, my freckles are going away, not having break outs of psoriasis spots, My husband stroking my face telling me how soft my cheek is, this is really good stuff. Oh Yay! I'm using Luxury and getting benefits and its not breaking my budget CHEAP! WOOEFFINHOO! LMAO
This is helping me and my facial issues (not that all my issues are solved with a face cream either, I wish......LMAO) and being very good at it as well. I like this product and I do recommend it but I recommend that you use it sparingly and with other moisturizers to reduce the stinging and burning some get. I also recommend using at night before bed. Good luck.

on 1/1/2018 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Ok, I will admit, this stings a bit, which is usually a sign of irritation for me. However, damn this makes my skin look nice. My skin concerns are dullness, hyper-pigmentation and aging, lets face it, I am 54 and my skin will never look ageless; but I want to take care of it the best that I can so I can put off the 1-time face-lift for as long as possible. I love this product and use several other Deciem products as well. I am a smoker and tanned like a mad-woman until I hit my mid 30's. I am lucky to have been spared, I should have much more damage than I do. I have some age spots on the left side of my face from driving (I was a field agent for 10.5 years and drove 500-1000 miles weekly). Even with heavy duty sunscreen this is no surprise. When I sold my soul and took a management promotion I asked for an office with a north facing window. The sun has f**ked my skin up more than anything else in life but I will not stay indoors because the sun warms my soul. This product makes my skin tone appear way more even. I don't expect the age spots will go away without being zapped with some type of laser but this product makes it easier to conceal spots all day under makeup. My mother always preached the benefits of Vitamin C and as usual, she was right, God rest her soul. I wouldn't use this if I didn't wear major sunblock but I do, every day, even if it's just to get the mail. Sensitive types may want to mix this with a mild serum, but I am thick skinned and can take the sting. Spot test before using. I would recommend this product, it's cheap AF and delivers in spades.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a LOT. The texture is very runny, although the cream feels rich and is easy to spread on my face. It dries down really quickly though, and doesn't feel greasy at all. It's true that it's gritty, like a soft exfoliator. I read somewhere that a way to make it better is to mix it with hyaluronic acid (I use the one from the same brand). It dissolves the little "grains" and make it better. I use this on days where I'm staying at home; that's because vitamin C stops being active really quickly if it's mixed with other actives. For this reason, I think it's better to think of it as a mask that you would use as a cream and leave for several hours before washing it off. I think it's very effective, I can see that my pigmentation is fading, and it brightens my complexion a lot; my pores are a lot smaller, too. It's a great product, especially for the price point. I also use the 2% retinoid and the 10% lactic acid from the Ordinary, and my face has never been clearer- to the point where I feel okay going out without any foundation.