Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

after first using had a shiny skin ,love it, purchase again !

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Despite this product not really liked by many people, I really love this product.

L-Ascorbic Acid is the main ingredient in this product. Known as pure form of vitamin c, this LAA really unstable in water form so I really understand why The Ordinary make this product waterless and silicone free and it haves gritty texture. I saw many people complain the strong tingling even experienced burning. If this product used alone, it will become too strong for skin and causes reactions. Best mix this with moisturizer, it reduces tingling sensation and works better on my skin.

With gritty, milky white runny texture, and weird chemical smells, this product really win my heart. I mixed this with my moisturizer and I woke up with smoother, brighter and glowing. I really saw my acne scars reduced and my pores smaller.

I only dislike the packaging. It makes me always accidentally poured products too much.

Definitely going to purchase again if I run out of my current suspension.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I dont feel as though the other posters were given enough information when purchasing this product.
It feels gritty because its little chunks of concentrated vitamin C. By gently working this onto the skin it should not be like exfoliating - should be using gentle hands while apply products to the face anyways!! If you are completely against the grittiness even though it contributes to its strength and effectiveness - the ordinary offers a silicone base one that is more like a serum and is not gritty. For the price and effectiveness of this product, its a steal!!

on 1/10/2018 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I did not know how much I needed a bit of vitamin C other than taking it twice a day everyday, Whatever was I thinking? I fell upon this interesting line of very incredible, well priced, facial treatments and I have been completely surprised!
I found my fav online beauty store started carrying them and so I looked them up and in doing so found out that this company did with these ingredients what others have done but not at a price that makes one need to put a second mortgage on their home to buy the product. Oh happiness!! Luxury products...CHEAP!! I digress, sorry. :-) LOL
This has a bit of a gritty texture which is fine with me. If used alone it does sting (you're using vitamin C on your face whaddya expect) before using moisturizer. I use this first a very thin application (yes it stings) but I follow with a facial oil I've been using (not of the ordinary), then I use "The Ordinary" natural moisturizer and follow that with a heavier cream for nighttime and I'm off to bed. When I wake up I have the smoothest skin, the red is fading, my freckles are going away, not having break outs of psoriasis spots, My husband stroking my face telling me how soft my cheek is, this is really good stuff. Oh Yay! I'm using Luxury and getting benefits and its not breaking my budget CHEAP! WOOEFFINHOO! LMAO
This is helping me and my facial issues (not that all my issues are solved with a face cream either, I wish......LMAO) and being very good at it as well. I like this product and I do recommend it but I recommend that you use it sparingly and with other moisturizers to reduce the stinging and burning some get. I also recommend using at night before bed. Good luck.

on 1/1/2018 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Ok, I will admit, this stings a bit, which is usually a sign of irritation for me. However, damn this makes my skin look nice. My skin concerns are dullness, hyper-pigmentation and aging, lets face it, I am 54 and my skin will never look ageless; but I want to take care of it the best that I can so I can put off the 1-time face-lift for as long as possible. I love this product and use several other Deciem products as well. I am a smoker and tanned like a mad-woman until I hit my mid 30's. I am lucky to have been spared, I should have much more damage than I do. I have some age spots on the left side of my face from driving (I was a field agent for 10.5 years and drove 500-1000 miles weekly). Even with heavy duty sunscreen this is no surprise. When I sold my soul and took a management promotion I asked for an office with a north facing window. The sun has f**ked my skin up more than anything else in life but I will not stay indoors because the sun warms my soul. This product makes my skin tone appear way more even. I don't expect the age spots will go away without being zapped with some type of laser but this product makes it easier to conceal spots all day under makeup. My mother always preached the benefits of Vitamin C and as usual, she was right, God rest her soul. I wouldn't use this if I didn't wear major sunblock but I do, every day, even if it's just to get the mail. Sensitive types may want to mix this with a mild serum, but I am thick skinned and can take the sting. Spot test before using. I would recommend this product, it's cheap AF and delivers in spades.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a LOT. The texture is very runny, although the cream feels rich and is easy to spread on my face. It dries down really quickly though, and doesn't feel greasy at all. It's true that it's gritty, like a soft exfoliator. I read somewhere that a way to make it better is to mix it with hyaluronic acid (I use the one from the same brand). It dissolves the little "grains" and make it better. I use this on days where I'm staying at home; that's because vitamin C stops being active really quickly if it's mixed with other actives. For this reason, I think it's better to think of it as a mask that you would use as a cream and leave for several hours before washing it off. I think it's very effective, I can see that my pigmentation is fading, and it brightens my complexion a lot; my pores are a lot smaller, too. It's a great product, especially for the price point. I also use the 2% retinoid and the 10% lactic acid from the Ordinary, and my face has never been clearer- to the point where I feel okay going out without any foundation.

So! after being really angry with this product for the weird gritty texture, i finally worked out how to use it! i squeeze a little bit in between the palms of my hands and warm it up, like you woyld do with an oilserum... the grits dissapear and than i do put it on my face by patting it softly... like that i can use the cream in the morning before my la roche anthelios KA spf50+ . So instead of using it in the evening i use it now in the morning, and that's great so i can use The ordinary Retinoid in the night!! So happy with this discovery because i love what it does for my skin, it gives a nice glow and keeps my skin blemish free... if the brightning effect is working im not sure, i will have to use it longer to see the result...but for now really happy!

on 9/23/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

There's almost an equal amount of love/hate for this product. I'm firmly in the love camp: I feel like I'm getting the benefits of a peel without any of the peeling! I've been using Skinceuticals CE+Ferulic for years, and I've been paying the big money because I thought it was really protecting my skin from sun damage. However, since moving to the beach it's not working that well, even though I'm fanatical about wearing sunscreen, a hat & glasses. When the price went up to $165, I put my foot down. I'm tired of spending a fortune on skincare. My skin is dry. It used to be sensitive, but is now pretty strong from daily Vit. C and weekly glycolic acid.

I chose this suspension because it was the only one from The Ordinary that didn't have silicones. As suggested on the website's regimen guide, I'm using this at night. (I bought the Resveratrol + Ferulic for day, and I'll review that once I've been using it longer. It's taking a lot of discipline to try these products one at a time!)

I was planning to start with a patch test, but when I didn't experience any burning I ended up putting it all over. I shake the tube, squeeze out a pea-sized amount, and spread it across my fingertips. That covers my face, neck, and chest. Make sure your face is dry -- I think water may exacerbate the burning sensation. I expected to feel major grittiness, but honestly, the powder in the formula is super-fine and was barely noticeable. It is also odorless. I gently massage the product in, and it all absorbs into my skin rather quickly. Don't use too much. After it absorbs, I top it with hyaluronic acid and moisturizer. (Love the squalane!) The only times I've felt any tingling was when I had a scratch near my eyebrow, and one time when I spritzed water on my face after applying the serum.

Even after the first use, I saw a difference in the morning. My skin was bright and glowy. Every morning my brown spots are more faded, and my skin is soft and clear. There is no dryness or flakiness. I've purchased the Ordinary's alpha arbutin to deal with brown spots, but I haven't added it to my regimen yet. But I'm really amazed at the results I'm getting from this one, inexpensive serum. It's a winner in my book!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is honestly a life saver. My skin used to be very oily, i had a lot of pimples and blackheads, The Ordinary's vitamin c serum changed my skin completely!

I use it once a day, let it soak in for a few minutes (usually 15minutes or so), and ever since I started using this, I started seeing major changes in my skin.
It's no longer oily, i barely get any pimples now days, my pores aren't as visable as they used to be, and i barely have any blackheads at all. My skin is bright and naturally sheer. It's also soft and looks yound and not the teenage nightmare it used to be.
I recently bought the vitamin c 30% suspension in silicone and it's texture is a lot better than this one (so I'll be repurchasing the 30% and not the 23%), the 30% is very smooth while the 23% feels oily and gritty.

This product is definetly the best I've ever tried, the price is super affoardable and when using this on a daily basis with other The Ordinary products my skin feels and looks heavenly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Many people have had problems with stinging and even severe irritation, but that hasn't been a problem for me. I think some of the problem may be that people who have never used a Vitamin C product before have used this instead of starting with something less potent. For them I would suggest trying one of the other formulas that The Ordinary has that are milder.
I have used Vitamin C products before this, so it wasn't such a shock for my skin. But I can honestly say that it was a shock to me when I looked in the mirror the morning after my first application of this and saw the incredible difference just one use had made! My skin was brighter, appeared more luminous and even toned than it had been the night before. There was such a difference that I kept checking my face in the mirror just to be sure I wasn't going crazy. I have never, ever had a skincare product that produced such fantastic results in just one application. I have been using it every other night, and my skin continues to improve in appearance. On the nights that I don't use this, I use the Azelaic Acid by The Ordinary which also works to even and brighten skin tone.
I honestly can't recommend this highly enough. It is a miracle in a,tube (the packaging was changed from the bottle to a tube). The only caveat is that I recommend trying a less potent form first before trying this. It's better to start with a lesser strength and work your way up, rather than jumping straight to this and running the risk of a severe reaction. For me, though, this is the holy grail of vitamin C serums.