Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 6/17/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this in combination with the buffet for about 2 months. I don't know which product is doing the "work" but some new (yay middle age) broken capillaries have faded significantly with daily use. In March/early April, a bright red mark stood out even after makeup and concealer (I'm sure no one else could really see it, but I could). Now, it's barely visible with tinted moisturizer. For $6 you can't go wrong. It does sting a bit, and it takes some time for the vitamin c granules to absorb, but it's really been helpful in minimizing sun/age spots and these dang capillaries.

on 6/4/2018 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This was my first product of this brand. I just love it because it is so effective. It also contains squalane which does wonders to my skin. I wear this at night because of its oily grainy texture which needs quite some time to absorb.
Whenever I have a huge breakout this is a godsend. Next morning I either have no blemishes at all or everything is soo much better and calmer. It brightens the skin like no other product I've ever used.
I will most surely repurchace

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product absolutely blew my mind. It's cheap first of all. The packaging is nice and silky. And oh my God the things it does to your skin. People were complaining about the gritty texture so I expected it to be big grits like a face wash. It isn't like that.. the grits are more like a fine sand. But like honestly, what do I care? As long as it works I couldn't care less about the texture. And boy does this stuff work! It burns a bit but my sensitive, redness prone skin LOVES it. I woke up in shock over how much it had reduced my redness, and even seemingly had already got to work on my acne scars and sun spots. I literally want to talk to everyone about this brand after my experience with this product and I'm going to back try some of their other stuff asap

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

on 2/26/2018 12:24:00 AM

Gave this a try since I was looking for a Vitamin C product.

Similar to what was shared before, this item has a metallic smell and scent.

I tried using it many ways before finding the one that worked for me.

For me, it works best when a pea-sized drop is mixed into my moisturiser.
It doesn't feel so oily, and doesn't burn. There is just a warming feeling upon application.
So far have just used it at night and my skin looks ok in the morning.
Haven't used it long enough to see much results.

Also works for me when I use a very small amount of it after saturating my face with one of those thick Korean/ Japanese toners (called "skin" or "lotion" or "softener")

What didn't work for me
- using it on its own on dry skin
- using it on its own after a quick spritz with thermal water
- using it as the first layer before adding moisturiser
- using it in the am before foundation (caused pilling - flakes)

(Update: Used this product over a "lotion" - L'oreal mask-in-lotion, over a week just at night, and my face looks a whole lot brighter. It must be this product that is causing the radiance and clarity of the skin, since the mask-in-lotion did not give such a result when used alone or with other products. Great not to have to splurge to achieve radiance! The only problem is the oiliness and smell of this product for me. )

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

after first using had a shiny skin ,love it, purchase again !

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Despite this product not really liked by many people, I really love this product.

L-Ascorbic Acid is the main ingredient in this product. Known as pure form of vitamin c, this LAA really unstable in water form so I really understand why The Ordinary make this product waterless and silicone free and it haves gritty texture. I saw many people complain the strong tingling even experienced burning. If this product used alone, it will become too strong for skin and causes reactions. Best mix this with moisturizer, it reduces tingling sensation and works better on my skin.

With gritty, milky white runny texture, and weird chemical smells, this product really win my heart. I mixed this with my moisturizer and I woke up with smoother, brighter and glowing. I really saw my acne scars reduced and my pores smaller.

I only dislike the packaging. It makes me always accidentally poured products too much.

Definitely going to purchase again if I run out of my current suspension.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I dont feel as though the other posters were given enough information when purchasing this product.
It feels gritty because its little chunks of concentrated vitamin C. By gently working this onto the skin it should not be like exfoliating - should be using gentle hands while apply products to the face anyways!! If you are completely against the grittiness even though it contributes to its strength and effectiveness - the ordinary offers a silicone base one that is more like a serum and is not gritty. For the price and effectiveness of this product, its a steal!!

on 1/10/2018 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I did not know how much I needed a bit of vitamin C other than taking it twice a day everyday, Whatever was I thinking? I fell upon this interesting line of very incredible, well priced, facial treatments and I have been completely surprised!
I found my fav online beauty store started carrying them and so I looked them up and in doing so found out that this company did with these ingredients what others have done but not at a price that makes one need to put a second mortgage on their home to buy the product. Oh happiness!! Luxury products...CHEAP!! I digress, sorry. :-) LOL
This has a bit of a gritty texture which is fine with me. If used alone it does sting (you're using vitamin C on your face whaddya expect) before using moisturizer. I use this first a very thin application (yes it stings) but I follow with a facial oil I've been using (not of the ordinary), then I use "The Ordinary" natural moisturizer and follow that with a heavier cream for nighttime and I'm off to bed. When I wake up I have the smoothest skin, the red is fading, my freckles are going away, not having break outs of psoriasis spots, My husband stroking my face telling me how soft my cheek is, this is really good stuff. Oh Yay! I'm using Luxury and getting benefits and its not breaking my budget CHEAP! WOOEFFINHOO! LMAO
This is helping me and my facial issues (not that all my issues are solved with a face cream either, I wish......LMAO) and being very good at it as well. I like this product and I do recommend it but I recommend that you use it sparingly and with other moisturizers to reduce the stinging and burning some get. I also recommend using at night before bed. Good luck.

on 1/1/2018 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Ok, I will admit, this stings a bit, which is usually a sign of irritation for me. However, damn this makes my skin look nice. My skin concerns are dullness, hyper-pigmentation and aging, lets face it, I am 54 and my skin will never look ageless; but I want to take care of it the best that I can so I can put off the 1-time face-lift for as long as possible. I love this product and use several other Deciem products as well. I am a smoker and tanned like a mad-woman until I hit my mid 30's. I am lucky to have been spared, I should have much more damage than I do. I have some age spots on the left side of my face from driving (I was a field agent for 10.5 years and drove 500-1000 miles weekly). Even with heavy duty sunscreen this is no surprise. When I sold my soul and took a management promotion I asked for an office with a north facing window. The sun has f**ked my skin up more than anything else in life but I will not stay indoors because the sun warms my soul. This product makes my skin tone appear way more even. I don't expect the age spots will go away without being zapped with some type of laser but this product makes it easier to conceal spots all day under makeup. My mother always preached the benefits of Vitamin C and as usual, she was right, God rest her soul. I wouldn't use this if I didn't wear major sunblock but I do, every day, even if it's just to get the mail. Sensitive types may want to mix this with a mild serum, but I am thick skinned and can take the sting. Spot test before using. I would recommend this product, it's cheap AF and delivers in spades.