Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.3

on 5/25/2017 8:01:00 AM

This is not my first experience with Vitamin C serums, although this is on the higher % end of the spectrum I previously used. I used this for a few nights and experienced terrible chemical burns around my nose and beneath my eyes. The grittiness and oily texture just made this an uncomfortable product to use, let alone that it burned my skin off. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend trying something else. I heard someone else say they use this as a mask and wash it off after a few minutes, which might be a way to just use it up instead of tossing it, but I think I'll use it on my hands at night instead.

on 5/11/2017 11:37:00 PM

I am really sad to say that I dont think I can use this product. I dont use many products, never tried Vit C before, or any other lightening or retinoid or anything like that, but I was hoping to use this for melasma and just general fading of sun marks etc. (im 31). About 2 years ago I finished up with Roaccutane and perhaps now my skin is more sensitive - but roaccutane saved my life from adult cystic pimples - and not I just use a gentle cleanser twice a day, have barely ever any pimples any more, and my once extremely oily clogged pore skin is now relatively even and not too oily and I use a nice thick moisturiser with Niacinamide at night and a low chemical moisturiser in the day - thats really it.

I used this Vit C cleam in the PM as directed - also putting the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 first (which I also started at the same time - ordered together). 3 days in my face has come out in teeny tiny little bumps and my face where I put the cream - even more prominantly on my cheeks are really red, like I have wind or a bit of sun burn - which I definitely dont (sunscreen always, plus hat and been mostly inside last 3 days). So it might be too intense for my skin maybe, or Im allergic, or...I dont know.

Im going to stop it for now (and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5), wait for the redness to go away, then reintroduce Hyaluronic Acid on its own just to make sure that isnt the secret culprit). And then perhaps try again with the Vit C - maybe once a week - or once every 3 days or so and see how I go. I really want this to work because I dont want to pay $90 for a different Vit C serum to also find out I cant use it.

on 6/30/2018 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has a rough, gritty texture that doesn't play nicely with other layers. And maybe I haven't been using it consistently enough, but I have yet to notice a difference in my skin -- no brightening, no quicker PIH fading, no help with acne, nothing. Now I don't mind weird textures or tingling/stinging feelings as long as a treatment is going to do something to improve my appearance, but this never did. I think vitamin C just isn't for me. Oh, well -- at least I found out trying something cheap!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Everything about this is just.....no. The texture feels gritty like everyone says but it’s literally like rubbing a face scrub on your dry skin. So irritating and annoying. Why are there even HA spheres in this to begin with? It did not sting or make my face red, but to be honest I just did not want to fool with this weird gritty product and ended up returning it to Sephora. Price and packaging are both great, and it might be an effective product, but I’m so turned off by everything about this.....whatever this is. I think I’m just more of a serum/essence kinda girl!

on 10/6/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have no idea whether or not this product works, because I only used it a couple times before I gave up. The texture is hard to get used to. It's gritty, which I could get past, but it's also really greasy - which was the deal-breaker for me. It tastes like oranges if you get any on your lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a generally a fan of these products, the price means I can experiment and try out things I haven't tried before. This was my first time using a Vitamin C product so I don't have a previous frame of reference! I am very used to topical acids and even though my skin is prone to acne it's not that sensitive these days so I was surprised by how unbearable this felt. I know it warns of tingling but my reaction was a consistent burning and because of the greasy suspension it was really difficult to remove. I'm not sure if my skin is sensitised from using other products or if this is just too brutal for me but I'm not putting it near my face again.

on 4/24/2017 1:39:00 PM

This product does work, but to be honest it's not very nice to use and I wouldn't buy it again. The gritty texture means it's impossible to layer during the day, even just under sunscreen.

I know they do say on the website that this product stings, but it's still deeply uncomfortable for me an hour after applying it, which rules out using it at night as well. Man it burns- it literally keeps me awake at night! For context it's worse than some light doctor administered peels I've had, so approach with caution!
Yes it's effective at the price point but for me it's a miserable experience to use.

on 4/3/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using this off and on for a little over a month, I'd say... and I have some opinions about it:

What I like about this product is that it's hella cheap, the packaging is nice and easy to use (you don't have to worry about it breaking or getting messy), and it feels effective. My face always feels really smooth and nice around 2 or 3 hours after applying it.

What I DON'T like about this product is essentially just that the texture is absolutely terrible. My gripes are pretty consistent with everyone else's, but if you're interested in this product you NEED TO KNOW!! The granular feel as you apply it to your skin feels like you're rubbing dirt on yourself, and then on top of that it's also extremely greasy. After applying it I always feel disgusting, which is the OPPOSITE of how I want to feel after I've finished my skincare routine. Applying moisturizer afterwards helps a little bit, but it only goes so far. Additionally, it makes my face burn, but that's to be expected with such a high concentration of Vit C.

All in all, I haven't really noticed any long-term effects of using this, but admittedly I haven't been using it consistently enough for anything to happen. The smooth feeling my face has hours after I've applied this and it's finally soaked into my skin is very nice and promising, however the disgusting texture during and directly after application are enough of a deterrent for me to just skip this step in my routine more nights than not. Also, I've heard that vitamin C is best applied in the morning rather than at night, but there's NO WAY that that's happening with this product. I haven't tried applying makeup on top of it but I'm sure it would be an absolute disaster.

on 11/23/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It feels gritty which I'm not used to.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This was my absolute favorite product from the ordinary for a white, it’s instantly incredibly brightening & I noticed a lot of improvement in my skin, HOWEVER, I have really struggled to layer this product with other elements of my skincare without piling or a ‘greasy’ looking finish. I am now trying to use the 12% vitamin C water-based product from the ordinary as I find this layers much better. Having said that I find this was by far the most visibly brightening between the two so hopefully if I go back to this product and use a very small amount I will be able to make it work for me. Strong pros but strong cons.