Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.5

on 10/19/2017 11:37:00 PM

This product gave the worst BREAK OUT I've had in years! ... After using The Ordinary's Buffet and Niacinamide for over a month and noticing a nice improvement in my skin condition (way less dry patches and less noticeable pores), I decided to incorporate Vitamin C 23% along with Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (like The Ordinary recommends on their site) I kept using Buffet+Niacinamide at am and did VitC+Resveratrol at pm. There was definitely tingling and there was definitely a gritty texture, I did not mind this at all, what I did mind was how oily this was. I woke up with my face still covered in 'grease'. I reduced the amount considerably the second time I used it (half a pea size of VitC and 2 drops of Resveratrol. The second day I woke up with two pimples/nodules. I kept using it in very tiny amount since I thought the pimples were stress/diet related. After 3 weeks I am now convinced this product caused my break out. I watched my diet and whiteheads and nodules just kept coming. It will take my skin months to recover and the marks on my skin are going to be way worse than before I started using this. This may have worked for some people but not for me. My face has not look like this since I was in high school. For the record, I have mature oily and dehydrated skin and an occasional pimple was never wierd (usually during stressful periods, like a pimple every 2 months or so) My skin was starting to get better before I introduced this product in my rutine.

on 10/16/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few days now, and I just can't get past the texture. It's gritty and feels more like a facial scrub than a serum. Plus it's very oily, it makes my face extremely greasy. I've developed a few small pimples on my forehead this week and I'm sure it's from this. Wish I could give it a better rating, but the texture is just too weird for me.

Two days after I wrote this review, I now have pimples all over my face, haven't had such a large breakout in many years. I haven't used any other new products, so it has to be this product.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I came out looking like I had burns all over my face. I only applied a pea size over my moisturised face. I should have washed it off as soon as my face started stinging but waited until my face started to blister. It's taken weeks for my skin to go back to normal. Wish I could see the same results as some of the other reviewers are seeing with this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.

After reading reviews about this I decided to try it out as it is cheap and I knew to be cautious about initial discomfort. I have used other vitamin c serums before in various strengths so I am familiar with the effects.
My God! Discomfort!?! Burning like someone threw acid in my face. I tried it in microscopic amounts, before and after moisturiser and every other soothing carrier I could think of. Agony, redness, lumps. I looked like I had aged 10 years overnight.
If I wanted to look and feel this bad I could just go and stay with my mother in law who, according to my daughter,is so evil she drinks unicorn blood to survive.

on 6/12/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used vitamin-c and retin-a for a year, so I know how to use these properly and safely. I decided to try the ordinary 23% vit c. Should have washed it off when the BURNING sensation started but I thought I'd endure it as it would surely subside. It didn't. Finally washed it off but the damage was done. Chemical burns--very bad on jawline, chin and cheek areas. Be careful and if it seriously stings or burns, rinse thoroughly and wash it off! It's been almost two months and I'm still dealing with dry, peeling skin, itching, and rough, ugly skin texture in areas. Only using cerave cleanser for dry skin and food grade coconut oil to cleanse, and for moisturizing a 2% colloidal oatmeal cream by skintastic, Avene thermal water spray, and a b5 serum from timeless skincare. I hope the day will come that I can get back to my original regime. It was working. I shouldn't have tried the 23% vitamin c!

on 5/31/2017 1:31:00 PM

I've just checked this suspension on COSDNA web page and found out that one of its ingredients is Ethylhexyl Palmitate, a highly comedogenic solvent - graded 4 in the scale from 1 to 5. It's also an irritant - graded 1 in the scale from 1 to 5. I won't be buying this product since most people are doomed to break out with the comedogenic ingredient listed at the 7th place, which means that there's too much of it in Vitamin C suspension.

on 5/28/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible smell and bad breakouts. I think this is complete hype.. Definitely a pass for me. Will not buy again

on 5/25/2017 8:01:00 AM

This is not my first experience with Vitamin C serums, although this is on the higher % end of the spectrum I previously used. I used this for a few nights and experienced terrible chemical burns around my nose and beneath my eyes. The grittiness and oily texture just made this an uncomfortable product to use, let alone that it burned my skin off. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend trying something else. I heard someone else say they use this as a mask and wash it off after a few minutes, which might be a way to just use it up instead of tossing it, but I think I'll use it on my hands at night instead.

on 5/11/2017 11:37:00 PM

I am really sad to say that I dont think I can use this product. I dont use many products, never tried Vit C before, or any other lightening or retinoid or anything like that, but I was hoping to use this for melasma and just general fading of sun marks etc. (im 31). About 2 years ago I finished up with Roaccutane and perhaps now my skin is more sensitive - but roaccutane saved my life from adult cystic pimples - and not I just use a gentle cleanser twice a day, have barely ever any pimples any more, and my once extremely oily clogged pore skin is now relatively even and not too oily and I use a nice thick moisturiser with Niacinamide at night and a low chemical moisturiser in the day - thats really it.

I used this Vit C cleam in the PM as directed - also putting the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 first (which I also started at the same time - ordered together). 3 days in my face has come out in teeny tiny little bumps and my face where I put the cream - even more prominantly on my cheeks are really red, like I have wind or a bit of sun burn - which I definitely dont (sunscreen always, plus hat and been mostly inside last 3 days). So it might be too intense for my skin maybe, or Im allergic, or...I dont know.

Im going to stop it for now (and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5), wait for the redness to go away, then reintroduce Hyaluronic Acid on its own just to make sure that isnt the secret culprit). And then perhaps try again with the Vit C - maybe once a week - or once every 3 days or so and see how I go. I really want this to work because I dont want to pay $90 for a different Vit C serum to also find out I cant use it.