Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 3/19/2017 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I am 52 with very dry skin and a lot of sun damage. Results from this, with 2 weeks use are simply amazing, although I am also using Hylamide serum and The Ordinary rosehip oil, so can't be sure if all the benefits are from this product. DRAMATIC reduction in pigmentation, fine lines plumped up and almost gone. Radiant skin - I have been getting unsolicited compliments.

I have in the last few days experimented usi g a small amount under makeup and and it stops me from drying out later in the day. This wouldn't be good under makeup if you have combination or oily skin. I apply very lightly under my makeup, and slather it on at night.

First few days the tingling was pretty intense but they tell you this will happen - it is powerful stuff - but my skin grew accustomed to it after a couple days use, and it is now a must-have.

The product doesn't look or feel that great going on. As everyone has stated, it is initially oily and gritty. With a light application, this goes away pretty quickly. I apply a LOT at night, so the unglamorous look doesn't matter so much when I can count on smooth, plump, glowing skin in the morning. I honestly can't wait to look in the mirror when I wake up, the results are so wonderful.

And it is cheap, cheap, cheap!

on 11/11/2016 12:40:00 PM

This stuff is fantastic. I have to thank Makeup Alley for pointing me toward this product when I was considering serums. I've bought five products from this line in the last month or so and will probably buy more. The prices in The Ordinary line are very low, too, which helps when you're trying new products.

The last person who gave me a facial told me my skin was pretty good, but I've always had issues with it—some acne, freckles and other sun damage, and a few persistent whiteheads which seemed destined only to grow with time—and I'm in my 40s, so soon wrinkles are going to join the "fun." As a general thing, the most I expect from skin care is to hold the line, as it were, and not make any of these things worse.

I've been using this treatment for about a month now, and the results have been amazing. All the things I mentioned above are getting visibly better, to the point that I've been using less foundation and even pulled the tinted moisturizer I was never confident enough to use from its place under the sink. (I've been using the vitamin C in conjunction with The Ordinary's rosehip seed oil, so I'm not sure the vitamin C can take all the credit!). Used regularly, this seems to be a legitimate route to better skin, and at a great price.

on 5/7/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm going to try and keep this short as other reviews have explained the consistency and how difficult of a product this is to use.

Okay, my experience. 1st use....felt the hot prickling itchiness and skin went red, wasn't pleasant at all. Next day 2nd use...didn't feel what I felt the 1st day so was 🙂. Next day 3rd use...OMG felt the same as 1st use but much worser that I had to sit in front of my fan to cool my face down, it burnt my skin in small patches next day the skin was dry and peeling so It would have been very silly to use it the 4th night!!!

I had to heal my skin until it was back to normal again by moisturising a lot and removing the dead skin gently with a warm damp cloth...I stopped using all serums until skin was totally healed, only took a week. Once healed I tried it again but this time I spritz my skin with claudalie grape water after cleansing before applying the the vit c.....felt very minor stinging. Then I didnt apply again for another 5 day and again only felt minor stinging which subsided within a few mins. I will use this once per week to let my skin adapt to it and slowly build it up and use it only at night and only on nights when its not a retin a(tretinion) / acid / niacinamide night....as you must not mix either of these on the same night.

Secret is to spritz face before you apply this.
Start off once per week and build up.
Listen to your skin, don't keep applying if face is sore as you will cause more damage than good.

Great item, will buy again. I use on my face, neck, chest and back of hands... night only. Daytime I use the 12% ascorbyl glycoside from the ordinary but I'm finding this too sticky for my liking so am on search of another vit c for the day but I really want my skin to get used to the 23% as it a great product that does no oxidise and go bad and is cheap as hell...you just can't go wrong with this for night time use as ideally you do not want to apply vit c in the morning as it oxidises with light.

I also use the hylamide, matrixyl, buffet and niacinamide from the ordinary. I have a regime where I incorporate all these products on different days and nights.

I hope this helps. Sorry wasn't kept short lol

on 1/1/2018 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Ok, I will admit, this stings a bit, which is usually a sign of irritation for me. However, damn this makes my skin look nice. My skin concerns are dullness, hyper-pigmentation and aging, lets face it, I am 54 and my skin will never look ageless; but I want to take care of it the best that I can so I can put off the 1-time face-lift for as long as possible. I love this product and use several other Deciem products as well. I am a smoker and tanned like a mad-woman until I hit my mid 30's. I am lucky to have been spared, I should have much more damage than I do. I have some age spots on the left side of my face from driving (I was a field agent for 10.5 years and drove 500-1000 miles weekly). Even with heavy duty sunscreen this is no surprise. When I sold my soul and took a management promotion I asked for an office with a north facing window. The sun has f**ked my skin up more than anything else in life but I will not stay indoors because the sun warms my soul. This product makes my skin tone appear way more even. I don't expect the age spots will go away without being zapped with some type of laser but this product makes it easier to conceal spots all day under makeup. My mother always preached the benefits of Vitamin C and as usual, she was right, God rest her soul. I wouldn't use this if I didn't wear major sunblock but I do, every day, even if it's just to get the mail. Sensitive types may want to mix this with a mild serum, but I am thick skinned and can take the sting. Spot test before using. I would recommend this product, it's cheap AF and delivers in spades.

on 5/2/2017 8:50:00 PM

Another stellar formula from the Ordinary. I have been using Vitamin C products for around 20 years(!!). I can honestly say that my skin looks brighter and firmer after a month of use.

This stuff is strong! But that's why it's so effective.If you are new to Vit C products or want to take it slow, try adding some of the Ordinary Hyaluronic serum to a very small amount of the Vit C and apply to mostly dry skin. Customer service at Deciem says this will not effect the Vit C's ability to absorb into the skin. This will also make it feel less grainy going on.

I'm honestly not sure why people are complaining about the texture, as they are very upfront about this in the description of the product, and the reason they decided to make it this way ( it's 100% stable and potent) The grainy texture goes away pretty quickly after application, and I found a little goes a long way, using less also makes it absorb more quickly.

I can use this during the day, although my oily T zone skin does look more oily than normal. For this reason, and to keep things less complicated I'll continue to use every other night, more or less.

Overall I love it!

on 3/16/2017 10:01:00 AM

This is the shit. Dirt cheap and insanely effective. Please be careful if you have sensitive skin or aren't used to Vit C products. My skin is super inured to crazy things being slapped upon its surface, and even I experience semi-uncomfortable tingling/itching when I apply this. The texture is problematic and it's not pleasurable to use. But this is doing WORK on my hyperpigmentation, clarity, and texture. And that's what I want. I have used at least 5 different kinds of Vit C serums in the past, including Skinceuticals, and not only has this been the most bang for my buck, it has honestly been the most effective.

I use this at night, as my last step. Most of the time I don't use moisturizer over it, since putting literally anything over it is texture hell. But the hyaluronic acid keeps my skin moist. It does take a little while to absorb and you won't look great, but hey, if you use it before bed, it'll be dark right?

The coconut derivatives haven't broken me out in this formulation, and coconut stuff has broken me out in the past.

Seriously recommend if you think your skin can handle it.

on 1/11/2017 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Just started using this a few days ago so it's a bit early to see results. Will update on results in about 30 days. Right now I'm just reviewing on formula, packaging and price.

First I like tube that it comes in. It's safe from light exposure and no messy dropper. Second I like that there is very little scent and whatever scent there is seems to be the natural odor of the ingredients so no added perfumes or fragrances. It's sort of like a thick serum and it does take quite awhile to absorb so for that reason I would probably use this in the evening as I don't have time to sit around waiting for something to absorb in the morning.

There is a noticeable sting when it is first applied but contrary to what a previous reviewer says, Deciem DID NOT create this serum with intention that it be diluted. Here is what they actually say on their website:

1) A very strong tingling but non-irritating sensation is expected during the first 1-2 weeks of use until the skin's tolerance to such high exposure is elevated;

2) The powder exposure to the skin disallows the formula to feel like a serum, lotion or cream and each application requires a few seconds to feel absorbed by the skin. If desired, this formula can be diluted in a cream base per application to allow the skin to build tolerance over time.

So basically there will be stinging but it's shouldn't be irritating so using it full strength directly from the tube is perfectly safe. However if it stings too much or takes too long to absorb then you can dilute it. If not diluting then remember that a little goes a long way. I used too much the first time and 30 minutes later my skin still felt oily and tacky.

All of the ingredients are listed on the box that the tube comes in and the price is amazing. As long as I don't have any adverse reactions to this product I can't think of any reason to not repurchase.

Edit 15/06/17

I've pretty much stopped using this and I'm not sure if I will repurchase. I can't get used to the way it just sits on my face. Using it in the morning is out of the question because it just doesn't absorb and I can't put cosmetics on top of it. I don't like using it in the evening because that's when I apply my other active products. I get that by not using water or silicone as a base the product remains stable and retains it's strength but I just can't get used to it. I have gone back to using my old vit c serums. I might try this again after the summer as I do like the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I used to make my own DIY vitamin c for months now , so my skin is not very sensitive anymore, this is a miracle serum if your skin can tolerate it , I apply it by bedtime to face and neck and just let it do its job , I don't try to make sure that every bit of vitamin c in it is absorbed into my skin, I just fall asleep .... In the next morning my face is glowing , actually its radiant . It fades out dark spots and brighten up my face , the result I get made me overcome the texture of the serum , and definitely I'll buy this again

Edit : this transformed the back of my hands too .. I apply this serum , then I layer any lotion over it to help it get obsorbed .. the results are immediate.. love

on 11/22/2017 8:25:00 AM

If you are on the shelf about getting this product - I say BUY IT. NOW. Especially if you are considering this or a $100+ vitamin c serum.

I actually have never reviewed a product before, but this has visibly reduced my pigmentation in 2 weeks. I had my skin analysed at a spa 2 weeks ago, just before I started using this product - I had not introduced anything else new - and when I went in this week for follow up images there was a very noticeable different in my skin! Like crazy. The girl was like - what have you been using?? And I didn't even want to tell her because here they are hawking $160 serums and my $9.80 brand came through with the goods.

Most negative reviews here (that nearly scared me off from buying this! damn you! evil spawns of satan!) are based on either irritation or consistenty of product, not actual results (obviously irritation makes it hard to get results cause you have to stop - so i'll give you that). Anyway here was my experience:

Irritation: I have sensitive (yes, truly sensitive - dermatitis prone) fair skin and blue eyes and did not find this irritating at all which is surprising. It DOES tingle, a lot, which freaked me out on first application - but I have not experienced any irritation. I was going to spot test it but I'm impatient so thankgod that worked out or it would not have been pretty.

Consistency: I was expecting the worst and happily surprised. It's a milky emulsion that is oil based, with small vitamin c particles in it which does give the product a slightly gritty texture. As for the grittiness - I apply this to slightly damp skin, and don't even notice. I think the damp skin helps, but have used it dry and it was fine.

Finish: Oooh is this oily. It does leave the skin shiny and since it is an oil based product (squalene) it takes ~20 minutes to absorb in, but if that's a big problem then I say just stick to using it in the PM. I use mine AM too but I don't use foundation, just a sunscreen after. I can see how with foundation on top this could all get to be a little too shiny.

ALL UP - if you have visible pigmentation (freckles or blemish scars) you want to reduce - get it.
If you don't have this, then maybe it's not for you, but it's 9.80AU so get it anyway.

on 8/9/2017 8:56:00 PM

I have been using this product now for a few months consistently, every other night. I have normal skin, 37 years old. I also use a tretinoin gel in my skin care routine. The first few applications of this vitamin c cream made my skin feel very uncomfortable because of the tingly feel, however I stuck to it and eventually my skin got accustomed to it. The texture and consistency is perfectly fine to me. I apply on a cleansed face and follow with a moisturizer after letting it absorb for about 30 min if I have time. The price is great and the results can't be beat! The morning after application I sometimes do a double take in the mirror because my skin is so bright and clear! I finished a bottle of the Drunk Elephant C-firma prior to this cream but I did not see the same results as with this product, plus I just can't justify spending the 100.00 CAD. The only gripe I have with this product is that the tube is so small! Though I won't complain as the price and results are so worth it! I also use the Buffet and Niacinemide (also from The Ordinary) every so often but I find keeping it very simple with the two main actives, plus some facial oils and good moisturizers (I love Egyptian Magic) in my routine really does wonders for my skin.