Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by age: 36-43
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. So much so that I bought an extra tube and also some Ferulic acid to go with it.

Unfortunately, as wonderful as The Ordinary products might be with regards to price and ingredients, many of them just don't absorb into the skin. And this product is the worst offender. It is super greasy - the kind of grease that you have to scrub off your kitchen platform and it has some kind of micro granules in it which feel a bit scratchy. No way could you ever wear this in the daytime as they have suggested. But even in the night, this stuff is heavy grease and most of it just gets on to your pillow. You have to wonder how much effect its having on your skin at all. I have stopped mixing it with the Ferulic acid because if this doesn't absorb on its own, then another oily product added to it is a waste.

One good thing I can say about this is it seems really stable for a Vitamin C product. As is my habit, when I've completely squeezed out a tube, I cut it so I can get all the product out. With this product, I got at least 4-5 more applications out of it but I had to store it in another container in the meantime. 5 days on, there is no sign of the usual yellowing that you see in most Vitamin C products even though there is quite a lot of air in the container.

on 6/17/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this in combination with the buffet for about 2 months. I don't know which product is doing the "work" but some new (yay middle age) broken capillaries have faded significantly with daily use. In March/early April, a bright red mark stood out even after makeup and concealer (I'm sure no one else could really see it, but I could). Now, it's barely visible with tinted moisturizer. For $6 you can't go wrong. It does sting a bit, and it takes some time for the vitamin c granules to absorb, but it's really been helpful in minimizing sun/age spots and these dang capillaries.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As other say, it feels a bit grainy and gritty but doesn’t bother me too much. I’m not seeing much results for my face. Maybe it’s no good for those with mild rosacea.

on 3/1/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used DIY Vitamin C serums in the past, so I know my skin responds well to L-ascorbic acid. I've used a couple of vitamin C derivative products (Mad Hippie and Andalou Naturals) recently and discovered that I much prefer straight up L-ascorbic acid. This stuff is ok. The texture is weird, but it's to be expected, it's a suspended powder. I get around it by putting a less than pea-sized drop on my hand, adding 2-3 drops of The Ordinary's Resveratrol, and rubbing my hands together vigorously before patting it onto my skin. My skin tends to be sensitive and applying this way hasn't irritated me yet. I have a jar of L-ascorbic powder and will be DIYing my vitamin C serums for a while. But I would totally repurchase this. It's cheap, kinda-fussy-but-less-fussy-than-DIY, and very visibly improves my skin tone.

on 2/26/2018 12:24:00 AM

Gave this a try since I was looking for a Vitamin C product.

Similar to what was shared before, this item has a metallic smell and scent.

I tried using it many ways before finding the one that worked for me.

For me, it works best when a pea-sized drop is mixed into my moisturiser.
It doesn't feel so oily, and doesn't burn. There is just a warming feeling upon application.
So far have just used it at night and my skin looks ok in the morning.
Haven't used it long enough to see much results.

Also works for me when I use a very small amount of it after saturating my face with one of those thick Korean/ Japanese toners (called "skin" or "lotion" or "softener")

What didn't work for me
- using it on its own on dry skin
- using it on its own after a quick spritz with thermal water
- using it as the first layer before adding moisturiser
- using it in the am before foundation (caused pilling - flakes)

(Update: Used this product over a "lotion" - L'oreal mask-in-lotion, over a week just at night, and my face looks a whole lot brighter. It must be this product that is causing the radiance and clarity of the skin, since the mask-in-lotion did not give such a result when used alone or with other products. Great not to have to splurge to achieve radiance! The only problem is the oiliness and smell of this product for me. )

on 12/2/2017 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Worked well for me. I've been using Vitamin C serums for the years so I wasn't expecting any miracles but more for maintenance. I love both SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic and Drunk Elephant's C-Firma but hate their prices, plus I have to rely on visitors returning from abroad to get my hands on them, which makes it difficult. The Ordinary was very hard to resist with its attractive price point! Anyway despite my years of Vitamin C usage I did occasionally experience mild tingling with the product. It was very random so overall it didn't bother me. To my pleasant surprise I found that it did a great job of keeping my skin even toned and I dare say it did seem to help lighten a patch of pigmentation on my skin .Nothing dramatic but it was noticeably improved (and I imagine the only way to truly eliminate the patch would be a trip or two to the dr's). This was based on my twice a day usage of an AHA exfoliant, this, plus rosehip oil. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because of the it's slightly gritty nature. First few uses it bothered the hell out of me until I learned to either combine it with my face oil or lessen the amount dispensed. Will be interested to try the 30% in silicone base to see if it's just as effective for me minus the grit.

on 11/21/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I’m not really sure of this product, it might be a little too potent for me. I have used othe C-vitamine products, like Paula’s C-15 Booster and the powder from Philosophy (which I absolutely love when mixing in my day cream). Those I can use every day, this not. I only apply this in the morning every third or other day, otherwise my cheeks get red and itchy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This literally burned my skin. I love topical vitamin c products (Shout out to Drunk Elephant Firma C)..... but I gave this a try as I applaud The Ordinary 's efforts in bringing effective and budget friendly skincare to the masses.

This ticks the budget friendly box, but what's the use in that if it leaves your skin in worse shape.

on 10/20/2017 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Took me a while to warm up to this product. Definitely needed to ramp up to using it at full strength and, even now, I can only use it every other day or so. It tends to dry my skin out and make the corners of my mouth peel if I use it too frequently. As I have tret sensitive skin, I already have problems with peeling. All that being said, I think this is an excellent product. Not wonderfully elegant with the grit, but it doesn’t bother me too much - particularly as I use it at night. Has helped give a bit of a glow and improved texture issues. With how expensive Vit C formulas can be and the benefit if not having to worry about oxidation in the tube, this product is a winner to me. I’ve already bought a backup.

on 9/26/2017 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my second tube of this. I use it in the morning and layer with other products on top. While I don't really get stinging and I do find it quite moisturizing I don't think I have really had a noticeable improvement in my skin with it. I would expect radiance, perhaps a small reduction in fine lines. I guess the real test would be to stop using it and see if my skin looks worse.