Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

2.8

on 3/16/2017 10:01:00 AM

This is the shit. Dirt cheap and insanely effective. Please be careful if you have sensitive skin or aren't used to Vit C products. My skin is super inured to crazy things being slapped upon its surface, and even I experience semi-uncomfortable tingling/itching when I apply this. The texture is problematic and it's not pleasurable to use. But this is doing WORK on my hyperpigmentation, clarity, and texture. And that's what I want. I have used at least 5 different kinds of Vit C serums in the past, including Skinceuticals, and not only has this been the most bang for my buck, it has honestly been the most effective.

I use this at night, as my last step. Most of the time I don't use moisturizer over it, since putting literally anything over it is texture hell. But the hyaluronic acid keeps my skin moist. It does take a little while to absorb and you won't look great, but hey, if you use it before bed, it'll be dark right?

The coconut derivatives haven't broken me out in this formulation, and coconut stuff has broken me out in the past.

Seriously recommend if you think your skin can handle it.

I so so badly wanted to love this product but I really don't. The gritty texture is annoying, but what kills this for me is that it is impossible to use in a routine: it pills SO badly that I can only use it at night on its own because it pills in combination with absolutely everything. I did read they will be bringing out a high % vit C in a different formulation so I hope those work out because I wont be re purchasing this one.

I really like this product and actually think the brightening effects are more noticeable than with The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (a vitamin C derivative), which surprised me because the latter is more pricey and has much better reviews on MUA. So far, I think I'd be more likely to repurchase the Vitamin C Suspension because I simply think it works better for me.

For the cons, this product is indeed gritty, and it is a little unpleasant to apply for that reason. I definitely would not want to use this product during the day. I don't wash my face in the morning, and I can report that by the morning the grittiness isn't the slightest bit noticeable, and it doesn't affect my makeup application at all. I'm only really aware of it when I first apply it. It would be a problem for me if in the morning I still felt the little grains on my face, but this isn't the case.

This product also feels kind of intense, your face feels kind of warm when you first apply it, as other reviewers have said. I also notice stinging under my nose - but only there, for some reason - so those with very sensitive skin might not be able to use this one.

Bottom line, this product is a bit uncomfortable to apply. I understand that complaint from other reviewers.

But aside from that, as I said before I really think it works, and I notice my skin feeling healthier and looking brighter and more even the next day.

Another thing I really like is that it's actually super moisturizing. I wait for a while after applying serums to moisturize because I've heard you should let it dry/absorb a bit. I usually hate this part as someone prone to dry skin, because I want to apply moisturizer ASAP after cleansing and toner, and during the waiting period I feel like my skin is going to turn into a flaky mess.

But the Vitamin C Suspension itself feels like a moisturizer, so waiting to apply my real moisturizer is much easier. Last night I nearly forgot to moisturize because my skin felt like I already had. This is a huge plus for me.

The other thing I like is the plastic packaging. I'm fine with glass bottles, but when I travel this is the serum I always take with me because I don't have to worry about it breaking in my suitcase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A decent Vitamin C serum, *if* you can put up with the gritty texture. I just finished up a tube of this, and while I think it worked as well as any other Vitamin C serum I've ever tried, I'm excited to be rid of it so that I can move on to something new. The consistency of this product is just so awful to work with. It's a little difficult to apply and spread, has a greasy texture that takes forever to absorb, and the grit of the vitamin C spheres is so unpleasant and takes a lot of patting to make it go away. I tried applying it on damp (even pretty wet) skin as some of the other reviewers had suggested, but I didn't find that it helped. This stuff can sting pretty fiercely if you use too much (which is easy to do because of how difficult it is to spread). Way worse than from any other high % Vitamin C serum that I've tried. Also, the squeeze tube packaging is a terrible delivery system for a product you're supposed to only use a small amount of.

Basically, unless you're looking for the cheapest shelf-stable vitamin C serum you can possibly find, I can't recommend this. There are better Vitamin-C serums out there, even in the under-$30 category.

on 4/7/2017 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have used Vitamin C products in the past and felt they did nothing, this is not the case with The Ordinary. My main concern is lightening post acne scarring and this definitely helps to improve it. I had a fresh mark from a spot and this seemed to help refine the texture as well as helping to fade the scar. The texture is a cream that goes to a very fine sand like feel, but this doesn't bother me as I use at night and once massaged on absorbs fine. Really impressed, can't believe how cheap this is!

on 5/11/2017 11:37:00 PM

I am really sad to say that I dont think I can use this product. I dont use many products, never tried Vit C before, or any other lightening or retinoid or anything like that, but I was hoping to use this for melasma and just general fading of sun marks etc. (im 31). About 2 years ago I finished up with Roaccutane and perhaps now my skin is more sensitive - but roaccutane saved my life from adult cystic pimples - and not I just use a gentle cleanser twice a day, have barely ever any pimples any more, and my once extremely oily clogged pore skin is now relatively even and not too oily and I use a nice thick moisturiser with Niacinamide at night and a low chemical moisturiser in the day - thats really it.

I used this Vit C cleam in the PM as directed - also putting the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 first (which I also started at the same time - ordered together). 3 days in my face has come out in teeny tiny little bumps and my face where I put the cream - even more prominantly on my cheeks are really red, like I have wind or a bit of sun burn - which I definitely dont (sunscreen always, plus hat and been mostly inside last 3 days). So it might be too intense for my skin maybe, or Im allergic, or...I dont know.

Im going to stop it for now (and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5), wait for the redness to go away, then reintroduce Hyaluronic Acid on its own just to make sure that isnt the secret culprit). And then perhaps try again with the Vit C - maybe once a week - or once every 3 days or so and see how I go. I really want this to work because I dont want to pay $90 for a different Vit C serum to also find out I cant use it.

I used to use a different Vitamin C serum but I think they changed their formula and I didn't like it anymore so I bought this. I use the niacinimide in the morning and this at night. My main problem is hyper pigmentation and this seems to be helping, along with niacinimide. The grittiness doesn't bother me-- it seems to dissolve pretty easily.

on 2/5/2018 9:40:00 PM

I wanted to try a stronger formula of Vitamin C, and although the review of this product made me backed down a bit, I settled that I've always had a resilient skin so why not try, it's very affordable anyway.

I think this is the very first skincare that has ever made my skin sting like HELL and I started developing pimple here and there-not much, but it's visible. At first, I used it twice a day; morning and evening. So I thought maybe that's why it's too harsh for me (despite my thick skin) so I reduced it to morning use only (I live in tropical country and I spent approximately 2 hours everyday outside so I need a good anti-oxidant). I still can't bear the stinging sensation, especially because I have to layer it with sunscreen and make up. Finally, I switched it to evening use only and it works BEST.

Yes this is not an easy product to get along with, but with its amazing ingredient and crazy, cheap price, I think we must do the extra work to fit in with this product :)

Just be careful with the tube though, it always made me spill out too many product in the beginning.

on 10/19/2017 11:37:00 PM

This product gave the worst BREAK OUT I've had in years! ... After using The Ordinary's Buffet and Niacinamide for over a month and noticing a nice improvement in my skin condition (way less dry patches and less noticeable pores), I decided to incorporate Vitamin C 23% along with Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (like The Ordinary recommends on their site) I kept using Buffet+Niacinamide at am and did VitC+Resveratrol at pm. There was definitely tingling and there was definitely a gritty texture, I did not mind this at all, what I did mind was how oily this was. I woke up with my face still covered in 'grease'. I reduced the amount considerably the second time I used it (half a pea size of VitC and 2 drops of Resveratrol. The second day I woke up with two pimples/nodules. I kept using it in very tiny amount since I thought the pimples were stress/diet related. After 3 weeks I am now convinced this product caused my break out. I watched my diet and whiteheads and nodules just kept coming. It will take my skin months to recover and the marks on my skin are going to be way worse than before I started using this. This may have worked for some people but not for me. My face has not look like this since I was in high school. For the record, I have mature oily and dehydrated skin and an occasional pimple was never wierd (usually during stressful periods, like a pimple every 2 months or so) My skin was starting to get better before I introduced this product in my rutine.

on 5/25/2017 8:01:00 AM

This is not my first experience with Vitamin C serums, although this is on the higher % end of the spectrum I previously used. I used this for a few nights and experienced terrible chemical burns around my nose and beneath my eyes. The grittiness and oily texture just made this an uncomfortable product to use, let alone that it burned my skin off. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend trying something else. I heard someone else say they use this as a mask and wash it off after a few minutes, which might be a way to just use it up instead of tossing it, but I think I'll use it on my hands at night instead.