Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.2

on 10/23/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’m afraid that while there’s no denying this product is excellent value for money and provides a solution to the instability of vitamin c, I would not purchase again. The cons just out weigh the pros. I understand the science behind why it’s gritty but I find rubbing it into my face irritating, for some reason the taste always ends up in my mouth and lastly, for me a vit c product is for the mornings so retinols may be used at night. This just doesn’t work under make up particularly if you’re in a hurry. If you’re able to leave it for ages it’s not too bad but I find it balls and is gritty under the make up if doing a normal morning for work make up. I will try the newer one and see if it’s any better

on 10/19/2017 11:37:00 PM

This product gave the worst BREAK OUT I've had in years! ... After using The Ordinary's Buffet and Niacinamide for over a month and noticing a nice improvement in my skin condition (way less dry patches and less noticeable pores), I decided to incorporate Vitamin C 23% along with Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (like The Ordinary recommends on their site) I kept using Buffet+Niacinamide at am and did VitC+Resveratrol at pm. There was definitely tingling and there was definitely a gritty texture, I did not mind this at all, what I did mind was how oily this was. I woke up with my face still covered in 'grease'. I reduced the amount considerably the second time I used it (half a pea size of VitC and 2 drops of Resveratrol. The second day I woke up with two pimples/nodules. I kept using it in very tiny amount since I thought the pimples were stress/diet related. After 3 weeks I am now convinced this product caused my break out. I watched my diet and whiteheads and nodules just kept coming. It will take my skin months to recover and the marks on my skin are going to be way worse than before I started using this. This may have worked for some people but not for me. My face has not look like this since I was in high school. For the record, I have mature oily and dehydrated skin and an occasional pimple was never wierd (usually during stressful periods, like a pimple every 2 months or so) My skin was starting to get better before I introduced this product in my rutine.

on 10/6/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have no idea whether or not this product works, because I only used it a couple times before I gave up. The texture is hard to get used to. It's gritty, which I could get past, but it's also really greasy - which was the deal-breaker for me. It tastes like oranges if you get any on your lips.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first product review, but I had to do it because I love love love this product. Yes, it's unpleasant to apply. It's gritty as all out, and especially in the beginning, and ESPECIALLY if you've never used a vit C product before, this is going to sting like the dickens. I've found that a tip below, to apply it immediately after a hyurlonic acid product (I use Hado Labo, but I know the Ordinary has its own) reduces both the grittiness and the sting. I would also encourage you to shake the bottle well before application. Yes, it makes my face a bit greasy feeling (and this coming from someone dry as the Sahara), and it takes time for it to sink in. I find that if I wait 5-10 minutes, and then top with a 'dry" oil, like the squalane product from the Ordinary, or any number of my other favorite facial oils, it sinks in faster and I can get on with my life. Finally, the most important part: results! I've used several vit C products over the course of several years, of various concentrations and costs. None have been as effective as this one. After patch testing, I tried this out one evening. The very next day, I noticed a startling difference in texture, brightness, eveness, and tone, and I thought I had pretty good skin to start with . I suffered a bad reaction to a product last summer that has left me with some stubborn PIH that no other product(s) have been able to really reduce. This stuff has virtually wiped it out withing a few weeks. Especially for the cost, this product cannot be beat. My one gripe would be the packaging. While I appreciate the Ordinary's dedication to making sure you can get every last drop, it's easy to dispense far too much product. However, at less than $10 a bottle, I'm not going to cry if a little is wasted here and there. Bottom line, YMMV, but for me, this is an HG product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I wanted so badly for this product to help with my acne scarring and pigmentation but alas it has been over a month and I'm not seeing much change, on top of that the gritty texture of the formulation doesn't help its cause.

For those who love the product and are seeing results, I've read that it helps to have your skin super hydrated before applying the Vitamin C (toner beforehand) and another tip was to mix it with a Hyaluronic acid product, apparently that helps with the absorption as well (this tip was provided by someone who works at The Ordinary to a beauty blogger). But basically the grittiness was on purpose as it's a more powerful dose for our skin.

Good luck to those seeing results! Will not be repurchasing this one.

I so so badly wanted to love this product but I really don't. The gritty texture is annoying, but what kills this for me is that it is impossible to use in a routine: it pills SO badly that I can only use it at night on its own because it pills in combination with absolutely everything. I did read they will be bringing out a high % vit C in a different formulation so I hope those work out because I wont be re purchasing this one.

on 7/11/2017 9:18:00 AM

This is a great product. Deciem say it is their most powerful vit c formulation and the only one I've tried. The texture is weird like they all say, it's a little gritty going on, but not at all uncomfortable. It is oily-feeling right after application, which I like, I skip moisturizer. I use this last after my other serums and treatments, due to the texture, at night, probably 3 times a week. My skin is very soft afterward.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like this stuff. A lot. I know the texture is grainy, and the packaging not great, but the cost and how it make my skin look is more than worth it. It is recommended to use this as a night treatment anyway so I have no issues with how it looks under makeup. I put this on a clean face, and the first few times I used it it was very tingly - almost uncomfortably so. It's a similar feeling to the green apple Peel if you have ever used that. If you fan you face for a few minutes tho it's fine. The next morning my skin looks amazing. Clear, glowing and even. The change in my skin since switching to The Original regime has been remarkable.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A decent Vitamin C serum, *if* you can put up with the gritty texture. I just finished up a tube of this, and while I think it worked as well as any other Vitamin C serum I've ever tried, I'm excited to be rid of it so that I can move on to something new. The consistency of this product is just so awful to work with. It's a little difficult to apply and spread, has a greasy texture that takes forever to absorb, and the grit of the vitamin C spheres is so unpleasant and takes a lot of patting to make it go away. I tried applying it on damp (even pretty wet) skin as some of the other reviewers had suggested, but I didn't find that it helped. This stuff can sting pretty fiercely if you use too much (which is easy to do because of how difficult it is to spread). Way worse than from any other high % Vitamin C serum that I've tried. Also, the squeeze tube packaging is a terrible delivery system for a product you're supposed to only use a small amount of.

Basically, unless you're looking for the cheapest shelf-stable vitamin C serum you can possibly find, I can't recommend this. There are better Vitamin-C serums out there, even in the under-$30 category.

on 6/16/2017 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My skin has been pretty good over the last few years but I decided I needed to up the ante on my skincare now that I've passed 30. Started with this and so far it's the only The Ordinary product I have but I am quite impressed and plan on making a proper regime out of their products. This one has a very light gritty feel, for me I feel like it goes on quite dry but absorbs into a more oily? texture. It's a hard one to describe. At first I definitely felt the tingling, it was like little sharp pricks of a needle in different areas of my face but it wasn't irritating. Like I said a hard one to describe :D I use this about 2-3 times a week. I had a somewhat rare bad skin day recently where I had small bumps form from a new cleanser, I applied this overnight and in the morning my skin was smooooooth. Overall I like it and will continue to use it.