Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 25-29
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.2

on 6/16/2017 6:21:00 AM

edit: changed my rating from a 5 to a 3 on this one because I noticed that this will burn and itch my skin when it's drier than usual (I'm combo skin but my skin gets dry in winter). I prefer the new vit c in silicone and I wouldn't repurchase this one. I read quite mixed reviews about this vitamin C so I was quite nervous to try it out. The main problems seemed to be the grainy texture, burning on the skin and makeup not sitting properly or balling up on top of this.

I want to start off by saying that I love this vitamin C. I have combination skin, used to be quite acne prone but I have that under control for the most part. Here's my experience -

Because of the way some reviews described the grainy texture, I was actually expecting this to feel like a sugar scrub. It actually feels like super fine sand mixed with lotion. I don't think even that description is quite accurate because this dissolved when applied to my skin and slightly rubbed in, but it didn't feel harsh, like I was exfoliating with sand. I understand the reasons that they have this vitamin C in suspension form, so am happy to use it this way.

I had no issues with burning. I did feel a slight heating up on my face, but no tingling. I have used vitamin C products, retinol and chemical exfoliatants so maybe my skin is accustomed. I used to have sensitive skin so was expecting major burning, but this was a pleasant experience.

As for makeup, I let the vitamin C sit for about 2 minutes before applying the silicone primer by the Ordinary. The I used my loreal infallible makeup. I didn't notice any balling up at all. I also love the way the makeup looked over that primer.

As for the product performance, I have noticed an overall brightening of my skin and more even tone overall. I'm hoping that it helps to fade some of my older pigmentation but time will tell.

Will definitely be repurchasing this product and i'm extremely happy overall.

This burned my skin like crazy for months. For a long time I mixed it 60-40 with a non-active moisturizer to ease the burning sensation. This also helps with the horribly grainy texture and the total greaseball look this leaves you with.

I had to change my whole review of this product. I've been using it several nights a week for three months now, and NOW I can finally see some results in the antiaging department!
First few applications, there was lightening of spots and an added glow to my skin. But today I woke up with my fine lines very much faded, softened up, almost smoothed out. My complexion is looking more evenly toned also. This product needs time (and patience with its horrible texture) but it's so worth it! I hope others will discover this gem of an antioxidant product.
Maybe next I'll try the silicone version, for a smoother feel :)

on 5/13/2018 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

There is no denying that the texture of this serum is horrendous. It is thick, greasy and leaves an oil slick on your face. It also does not play nice with other serums and creams. As inelegant as it is, it works like a charm. My skin was noticeably brighter after a week of consistent use. It helps fade both newer blemishes and older discolouration. I only use it at night because of its awful texture. Others experienced severe stinging but I had no issues. I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/19/2017 7:36:00 AM

I have combo skin, I am 28 and I wanted a serum with Vitamin C as a night treatment and this one is pretty good; it doesn't stink, it doesn't break me out and seems to work nice since I wake up with a brighter skin. I get a bit shiny though, so I never tried it with my make up on. I kinda like this company, seems to be elegant and simple and they have a great range of products. Worth it.

on 3/29/2017 11:00:00 AM

The consistency of this product is bad. It feels like exfoliator rather than moisturizer/cream. I gave it a try a few times. First time was bad as my skin got red and started to tingle. The other 2 times it was fine but I had white marks on my face and it also became very oily. The price of course is amazing as well as the package. I would never buy again though.

on 12/27/2016 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Another thing to keep in mind that this stuff get's not absorbed into the skin and mainly stays on the surface which I don't like.