Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.1

on 6/30/2018 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has a rough, gritty texture that doesn't play nicely with other layers. And maybe I haven't been using it consistently enough, but I have yet to notice a difference in my skin -- no brightening, no quicker PIH fading, no help with acne, nothing. Now I don't mind weird textures or tingling/stinging feelings as long as a treatment is going to do something to improve my appearance, but this never did. I think vitamin C just isn't for me. Oh, well -- at least I found out trying something cheap!

on 5/13/2018 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

There is no denying that the texture of this serum is horrendous. It is thick, greasy and leaves an oil slick on your face. It also does not play nice with other serums and creams. As inelegant as it is, it works like a charm. My skin was noticeably brighter after a week of consistent use. It helps fade both newer blemishes and older discolouration. I only use it at night because of its awful texture. Others experienced severe stinging but I had no issues. I will definitely repurchase.

The first night there was a strong tingling sensation which was read to be expected, should have washed off after it became nearly intolerable. Woke up with nearly a dozen pimples, I've had relatively clear skin for nearly a year. Figured, OK, I'll just dilute like it states with a bit of lotion..After the second use I've developed painful chemical burns all over my face, specifically under eye area. I've never had a negative reaction such as this before. Horrified, be careful!! Going in the trash.

on 3/11/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This vitamin C is OK. I can't fault them for the grainy texture because they make it clear in the description before ordering. It's also very greasy and can burn. It takes a while to sink in so I didn't like using other products with this. I did see a small difference in my skin. All in all if I was on a tighter budget I'd deal with it, but it's not worth it to me.

I tried so hard to like it, but that feeling of rubbing sand into the skin...

on 2/25/2018 4:32:00 AM

I so wanted this to work for me! I stuck out through 2 tubes (bought 2 assuming it’d be fine!), but noticed no improvement.

As others have said, this STINGS. It’s so uncomfortable to use, and I find unlike a lot of acids that I’ve used, the stinging takes a long time to subside.

I have also noticed an odd scent to my skin- I even started washing my hands with a nail brush to scrub it away but would still be able to smell it at work the next day- stopped using this and that odd scent went away too. Not only that, but my pillow covers are ruined.

I did not notice any benefit to my skin despite these things, so I’m afraid I do not recommend this product, which is a shame because the price point (like other The Ordinary products) is incredible.

This burned my skin like crazy for months. For a long time I mixed it 60-40 with a non-active moisturizer to ease the burning sensation. This also helps with the horribly grainy texture and the total greaseball look this leaves you with.

I had to change my whole review of this product. I've been using it several nights a week for three months now, and NOW I can finally see some results in the antiaging department!
First few applications, there was lightening of spots and an added glow to my skin. But today I woke up with my fine lines very much faded, softened up, almost smoothed out. My complexion is looking more evenly toned also. This product needs time (and patience with its horrible texture) but it's so worth it! I hope others will discover this gem of an antioxidant product.
Maybe next I'll try the silicone version, for a smoother feel :)

on 2/15/2018 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Ugh I wanted to love this. Good Vitamin C serums are usually so expensive and oxidize like crazy. Right off the bat I hated the texture and how it went on my skin. Look I go to bed coated with Aquaphor some nights, so I don't mind being greasy while I sleep or even if I'm at home during the day time. But the greasiness of this was annoying for some reason, and gritty. I also had an uncomfortable tingling sensation the first few times I put this on, but I had expected that. But hey, if it worked in the long run, who cares right? Immediately something was amiss. Just a few hours after I put this on I had beginnings of an inflamed pimple, which I hadn't in a while. Okay, maybe it was something else in my routine. I soldiered on for a while and eventually gave up to focus on my new pimples that were popping up. They subsided. I think I even threw the tube away. But a year or so later, I was tempted again again by some really good reviews and thought maybe I hadn't given this a fair chance. Stupid me buys this exact same thing again (I must say this is not the first time I've gone to products which were probably/most definitely breaking me out. I don't know why I still haven't learned my lesson). Anyway, this time I started slow. I started mixing this with a moisturizer and used it every third day. Yup, same thing again. Oh well, I guess an inexpensive Vitamin C serum isn't in my cards.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

after first using had a shiny skin ,love it, purchase again !

on 1/10/2018 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The consistency of this product is bad. It feels like exfoliator rather than moisturizer/cream. I gave it a try a few times. First time was bad as my skin got red and started to tingle. The other 2 times it was fine but I had white marks on my face and it also became very oily. The price of course is amazing as well as the package. I would never buy again though.