Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by age: 25-29
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I want to be clear, I am NOT using this on my face and won't even try it with the ingredient list. I bought this to use on my neck, decolletage, and hands.

I am loving this on my decolletage & hands, but it was too strong on my neck. The skin on my hands is brighter & I'm happy I can put A+ ingredients on skin other than my face for an affordable price.

on 9/16/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this. I haven't been using it for very long so I can't speak for the results other than the immediate feel and look after applying this to my face. I feel that it does brighten my complexion and amps up the glow. It is super affordable. Yea, the texture isn't the best but it doesn't bug me. Tingling is minimal on me, and to be honest, I love the tingling sensation. I don't use it everyday, only once a week. I already have a back up, I like it that much. time will tell if it fades my age spots.

on 8/14/2017 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Initially, the texture of this product turn me off. Then I tried applying it with a slightly damp face or when I had just applied a moisturizing toner. This helps break up the grit and help it sink into your skin. I still only use this at night but I definitely see results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not enjoy this product. The grittiness of the HA spheres was too much for me to bear. Effects similar to other vitamin C products.

on 6/19/2017 7:36:00 AM

I have combo skin, I am 28 and I wanted a serum with Vitamin C as a night treatment and this one is pretty good; it doesn't stink, it doesn't break me out and seems to work nice since I wake up with a brighter skin. I get a bit shiny though, so I never tried it with my make up on. I kinda like this company, seems to be elegant and simple and they have a great range of products. Worth it.

on 6/16/2017 6:21:00 AM

I read quite mixed reviews about this vitamin C so I was quite nervous to try it out. The main problems seemed to be the grainy texture, burning on the skin and makeup not sitting properly or balling up on top of this.

I want to start off by saying that I love this vitamin C. I have combination skin, used to be quite acne prone but I have that under control for the most part. Here's my experience -

Because of the way some reviews described the grainy texture, I was actually expecting this to feel like a sugar scrub. It actually feels like super fine sand mixed with lotion. I don't think even that description is quite accurate because this dissolved when applied to my skin and slightly rubbed in, but it didn't feel harsh, like I was exfoliating with sand. I understand the reasons that they have this vitamin C in suspension form, so am happy to use it this way.

I had no issues with burning. I did feel a slight heating up on my face, but no tingling. I have used vitamin C products, retinol and chemical exfoliatants so maybe my skin is accustomed. I used to have sensitive skin so was expecting major burning, but this was a pleasant experience.

As for makeup, I let the vitamin C sit for about 2 minutes before applying the silicone primer by the Ordinary. The I used my loreal infallible makeup. I didn't notice any balling up at all. I also love the way the makeup looked over that primer.

As for the product performance, I have noticed an overall brightening of my skin and more even tone overall. I'm hoping that it helps to fade some of my older pigmentation but time will tell.

Will definitely be repurchasing this product and i'm extremely happy overall.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

To use this product you need to give breakouts a month. Skin is not ready for such an aggressive vitamin C. After your skin got used to it product works perfectly

on 5/30/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my first time using Vitamin C.

PROS: I feel like it does make my skin brighter, in a short time I feel like it did something new. Pretty much every serum I use works well for me though, my skin just likes serums.

CONS: This is a nighttime only product because it's so OILY. It's not bad when you first apply it or spread it, but it sits on my skin and doesn't really absorb or go anywhere. I'm not really sure how well things can absorb over this. I wish this was a drier product, like if they removed the Hyaluronic Acid for instance. The price is also nice, but you get only 1oz of product.

OTHER: The grittiness and stinging factor were almost non-existent for me. The grittiness is caused by applying it to a dry face or a face that is completely devoid of other products before it and I would go so far to say it's incorrect to use it that way. This is a water free suspension so the crystals stay jagged and gritty if you apply it to a dry face and you may feel them. Apply it a damp face so they dissolve and the squalane locks some moisture in. Really, the grittiness is mostly a factor when laying and if your skin is dry. And for the stinging, I actually wanted it to produce more of a reaction on my skin. Most times I feel nothing, or if it does sting, it's on small areas and for like 2 seconds or less. With a lot of the other reviews I read, I have to wonder, "How compromised is your skin's barrier? Have you been exfoliating too much?" Those are the only circumstances this will sting when applied, but even then it's not that much.

OVERALL: I may repurchase this simply due to the price. Being a night only product, I don't mind the texture too much but it does stick out as a con. Next time, I'm going to try a one of the Ordinary's retinoids to see how that compares.

on 5/4/2017 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

smooths out all the little bumps on my skin!!
i had no idea what this was, the words were too complicated for me but i got it for the price and the rave reviews about the brand..
i have super oily skin and blackhead prone
this helps

on 4/3/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using this off and on for a little over a month, I'd say... and I have some opinions about it:

What I like about this product is that it's hella cheap, the packaging is nice and easy to use (you don't have to worry about it breaking or getting messy), and it feels effective. My face always feels really smooth and nice around 2 or 3 hours after applying it.

What I DON'T like about this product is essentially just that the texture is absolutely terrible. My gripes are pretty consistent with everyone else's, but if you're interested in this product you NEED TO KNOW!! The granular feel as you apply it to your skin feels like you're rubbing dirt on yourself, and then on top of that it's also extremely greasy. After applying it I always feel disgusting, which is the OPPOSITE of how I want to feel after I've finished my skincare routine. Applying moisturizer afterwards helps a little bit, but it only goes so far. Additionally, it makes my face burn, but that's to be expected with such a high concentration of Vit C.

All in all, I haven't really noticed any long-term effects of using this, but admittedly I haven't been using it consistently enough for anything to happen. The smooth feeling my face has hours after I've applied this and it's finally soaked into my skin is very nice and promising, however the disgusting texture during and directly after application are enough of a deterrent for me to just skip this step in my routine more nights than not. Also, I've heard that vitamin C is best applied in the morning rather than at night, but there's NO WAY that that's happening with this product. I haven't tried applying makeup on top of it but I'm sure it would be an absolute disaster.