Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by age: 19-24
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.3

on 11/22/2017 8:25:00 AM

If you are on the shelf about getting this product - I say BUY IT. NOW. Especially if you are considering this or a $100+ vitamin c serum.

I actually have never reviewed a product before, but this has visibly reduced my pigmentation in 2 weeks. I had my skin analysed at a spa 2 weeks ago, just before I started using this product - I had not introduced anything else new - and when I went in this week for follow up images there was a very noticeable different in my skin! Like crazy. The girl was like - what have you been using?? And I didn't even want to tell her because here they are hawking $160 serums and my $9.80 brand came through with the goods.

Most negative reviews here (that nearly scared me off from buying this! damn you! evil spawns of satan!) are based on either irritation or consistenty of product, not actual results (obviously irritation makes it hard to get results cause you have to stop - so i'll give you that). Anyway here was my experience:

Irritation: I have sensitive (yes, truly sensitive - dermatitis prone) fair skin and blue eyes and did not find this irritating at all which is surprising. It DOES tingle, a lot, which freaked me out on first application - but I have not experienced any irritation. I was going to spot test it but I'm impatient so thankgod that worked out or it would not have been pretty.

Consistency: I was expecting the worst and happily surprised. It's a milky emulsion that is oil based, with small vitamin c particles in it which does give the product a slightly gritty texture. As for the grittiness - I apply this to slightly damp skin, and don't even notice. I think the damp skin helps, but have used it dry and it was fine.

Finish: Oooh is this oily. It does leave the skin shiny and since it is an oil based product (squalene) it takes ~20 minutes to absorb in, but if that's a big problem then I say just stick to using it in the PM. I use mine AM too but I don't use foundation, just a sunscreen after. I can see how with foundation on top this could all get to be a little too shiny.

ALL UP - if you have visible pigmentation (freckles or blemish scars) you want to reduce - get it.
If you don't have this, then maybe it's not for you, but it's 9.80AU so get it anyway.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the first Vitamin C product I've bought where I've seen results. My post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation can take anywhere between 2-5 months to fade naturally but after using this for two weeks my new PIH is more than half gone and the older PIH is gone completely. My face is noticeably brighter while using this.

It is important to remember that Vit C (especially in such high concentrations) can be irritating. I used too much of this at first and it started to burn when I applied it and I got some nasty cysts. I scaled back my usage to once every other evening and am doing well.

The texture is a little unpleasant. It's quite runny and I have to make sure I open the tube facing upwards otherwise product spills out, and it's also a little gritty (barely, though) which is due to the L-ascorbic acid powder. I like patting it into my skin so it doesn't feel gritty. My face is pretty greasy after using this, but at such an affordable price and with visible results, I am sure to repurchase.

EDIT: I ran out of this while it was out of stock and started getting noticeably fewer breakouts, so I probably have a sensitivity to the coconut alkanes in it. However, if this doesn't break you out, wetting your face before using it counteracts the grittiness and most of the greasiness.

on 11/22/2017 2:37:00 PM

I used this inly a couple of times. The second time i used it my face was on fire. I tried to sit through it thinking the active ingredient was giod for me. But couldn't take it anymore! Had to wash it off. I woke up the next day with huge welt like patches where it hadnt been fully washed off (near my neck). And its still burning. Along with the gritty texture i would give the a 0. Will be throwing this one out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product absolutely blew my mind. It's cheap first of all. The packaging is nice and silky. And oh my God the things it does to your skin. People were complaining about the gritty texture so I expected it to be big grits like a face wash. It isn't like that.. the grits are more like a fine sand. But like honestly, what do I care? As long as it works I couldn't care less about the texture. And boy does this stuff work! It burns a bit but my sensitive, redness prone skin LOVES it. I woke up in shock over how much it had reduced my redness, and even seemingly had already got to work on my acne scars and sun spots. I literally want to talk to everyone about this brand after my experience with this product and I'm going to back try some of their other stuff asap

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Despite this product not really liked by many people, I really love this product.

L-Ascorbic Acid is the main ingredient in this product. Known as pure form of vitamin c, this LAA really unstable in water form so I really understand why The Ordinary make this product waterless and silicone free and it haves gritty texture. I saw many people complain the strong tingling even experienced burning. If this product used alone, it will become too strong for skin and causes reactions. Best mix this with moisturizer, it reduces tingling sensation and works better on my skin.

With gritty, milky white runny texture, and weird chemical smells, this product really win my heart. I mixed this with my moisturizer and I woke up with smoother, brighter and glowing. I really saw my acne scars reduced and my pores smaller.

I only dislike the packaging. It makes me always accidentally poured products too much.

Definitely going to purchase again if I run out of my current suspension.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this has a very gritty texture but they​tell you that on the website thats the whole point of the spheres in the name of the product. but God this WORKS. really brightens my skin tone makes it looking vibrant brilliant and flushed with life when I wake up in the morning. much less of that dull dry face look even when my face is dry. this is a great source of vitamin c that won't go bad. can't argue with the shelf life.

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best products I ever used. It reduces some acne, pigmentation, makes skin look lighter and healthier.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After reading several reviews I was concerned that this serum would be too much for my sensitive skin. Thankfully, I only felt a horrible burning sensation when I applied it on my neck. On my face, I only feel an intense tingling for a few minutes. The grit from the L-Ascorbic Acid powder doesn’t bother me I gently massage it in and the gritty texture dissipates within 10 to 15 minutes. The squalane that the vitamin C is suspended in, is hydrating and suitable for my dry but acne prone skin. I use it every morning under my Cotz Sensitive SPF 40, BareMinerals Original Foundation, and NARS RCC. As of this review I’ve only used it for the past 3 weeks so I have no significant changes in hyperpigmentation to report.

Update: After using up a bottle I decided to try the Timeless vitamin C serum. While I still think this is a great product for the price I prefer the Timeless one which has a thin consistency that allows me to layer other serums. A tube lasted me just over 3 months of daily use and never oxidized during that time. I may repurchase for application on my hands since it's so much cheaper than the Timeless serum.