Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 19-24
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Everything about this is just.....no. The texture feels gritty like everyone says but it’s literally like rubbing a face scrub on your dry skin. So irritating and annoying. Why are there even HA spheres in this to begin with? It did not sting or make my face red, but to be honest I just did not want to fool with this weird gritty product and ended up returning it to Sephora. Price and packaging are both great, and it might be an effective product, but I’m so turned off by everything about this.....whatever this is. I think I’m just more of a serum/essence kinda girl!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After reading several reviews I was concerned that this serum would be too much for my sensitive skin. Thankfully, I only felt a horrible burning sensation when I applied it on my neck. On my face, I only feel an intense tingling for a few minutes. The grit from the L-Ascorbic Acid powder doesn’t bother me I gently massage it in and the gritty texture dissipates within 10 to 15 minutes. The squalane that the vitamin C is suspended in, is hydrating and suitable for my dry but acne prone skin. I use it every morning under my Cotz Sensitive SPF 40, BareMinerals Original Foundation, and NARS RCC. As of this review I’ve only used it for the past 3 weeks so I have no significant changes in hyperpigmentation to report.

Update: After using up a bottle I decided to try the Timeless vitamin C serum. While I still think this is a great product for the price I prefer the Timeless one which has a thin consistency that allows me to layer other serums. A tube lasted me just over 3 months of daily use and never oxidized during that time. I may repurchase for application on my hands since it's so much cheaper than the Timeless serum.