Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After reading several reviews I was concerned that this serum would be too much for my sensitive skin. Thankfully, I only felt a horrible burning sensation when I applied it on my neck. On my face, I only feel an intense tingling for a few minutes. The grit from the L-Ascorbic Acid powder doesn’t bother me I gently massage it in and the gritty texture dissipates within 10 to 15 minutes. The squalane that the vitamin C is suspended in, is hydrating and suitable for my dry but acne prone skin. I use it every morning under my Cotz Sensitive SPF 40, BareMinerals Original Foundation, and NARS RCC. As of this review I’ve only used it for the past 3 weeks so I have no significant changes in hyperpigmentation to report.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

In February I introduced Vitamin C into my routine in the morning to help brighten my complexion and fade my pigmentation from acne in the past. The first one I used was the Clique Fresh Pressed Vitamin C serum, then the Hylamide Vitamin C oil, followed by The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23 % and now I am trying Drunk Elephant C Firma.

I prefer to use Vitamin C in the morning because I use a AHA or BHA lotion at night. I use vitamin C after I have cleansed my face in the morning on bare clean skin. I do this mainly because I feel as if its having the best effect as the first step but that might not be scientifically correct. I then follow the Vitamin C with a hydrating serum and then a water based moisturizer for the morning followed by SPF. Done!

The Ordinary Vitamin C is a gritty Vitamin C powder suspended in a white "cream". It is suspended in the cream to make powder stable. Because of this it has a gritty texture. In my opinion the grit doesn't really go away and is very difficult to work it in to your skin. It feels like an exfoliation when you are rubbing it in. The rough texture plus the vitamin c means this can very easily aggravate sensitive skin or even skin that isn't particularly sensitive like mine. I usually don't get red from Vitamin C, but this one really stung and was made worse by the fact you have to rub it in a lot to get the grit to go down. This is why I have rated it soo low. I just can't get along with the texture.

At this point I cannot speak for the benefits of the Vitamin C on the fading of pigmentation or brightening because I have only used this 5 times. I did not see immediate brightening or fading. I can't keep using it because its too irritating due to the gritty texture. I like the squeezy package and it gets bonus points for being so affordable. However I would prefer to spend more (which I know is a privilege) for a formula that is easier to use and feels better.

Sorry Deciem! Love the Hyaluronic Acid thought :)

on 6/22/2017 10:13:00 PM

This stuff burns so bad. I couldn't stand it after the 3rd night. What a waste. It broke me out causing me to have a couple of large pimples on my cheeks. I had high hopes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best products I ever used. It reduces some acne, pigmentation, makes skin look lighter and healthier.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this vitamin c product for about two months now. The tube is almost finished. Overall, I would say I did see a difference in the fading of acne scars. Although, I dislike the texture of the product. It's very gritty and feels quite thick. I usually apply this product after spritzing my face with water (using Avene thermal spray) and with my hands slight wet (running them under some water). This way, I find that the vitamin c serum goes on easier and the grits dissolve. I won't be buying this product again, I will try the ascorbyl glucoside solution next time.

on 5/19/2017 11:10:00 PM

I'm not usually one to write a review but after reading the reviews on this one I had to.
I have skin that is sometimes oily sometimes dry. So combination I would say
I'm the type of person with a good skin care routine and uses very active products.
I use Paula's choice products, and alpha H gycolic acid already.
I wanted to use a vitamin C once or twice a week (when not using my gycolic acid product) for the benifits, so I purchased this product.
I found this really beneficial for my skin to use just after cleansing once a week (considering it's so cheats but has great ingredient). It's slightly oily but i just left it on with no moisturizer over night... I woke up with such a nice glow and soft skin. I didn't get the tingling or irritation but I feel as if this is because my skin is use to really active products, so if your not one with a good skin care routine or already active ingredients, it might take a while to get use to!
Hope this helps some people

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this has a very gritty texture but they​tell you that on the website thats the whole point of the spheres in the name of the product. but God this WORKS. really brightens my skin tone makes it looking vibrant brilliant and flushed with life when I wake up in the morning. much less of that dull dry face look even when my face is dry. this is a great source of vitamin c that won't go bad. can't argue with the shelf life.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I first heard of this line from Wayne Goss. Attracted to the low prices and simple ingredient list, I went for it. I got the rosehip oil and the vitamin c suspension.
I do not like this mainly because of the texture- it is very gritty and grainy and it sits on top of my skin, it takes a lot of time to absorve completely. The smell is also kind of "rubbery".
I noticed no real differences in my skin. But for the price you should try it for yourself, it might work out for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the first Vitamin C product I've bought where I've seen results. My post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation can take anywhere between 2-5 months to fade naturally but after using this for two weeks my new PIH is more than half gone and the older PIH is gone completely. My face is noticeably brighter while using this.

It is important to remember that Vit C (especially in such high concentrations) can be irritating. I used too much of this at first and it started to burn when I applied it and I got some nasty cysts. I scaled back my usage to once every other evening and am doing well.

The texture is a little unpleasant. It's quite runny and I have to make sure I open the tube facing upwards otherwise product spills out, and it's also a little gritty (barely, though) which is due to the L-ascorbic acid powder. I like patting it into my skin so it doesn't feel gritty. My face is pretty greasy after using this, but at such an affordable price and with visible results, I am sure to repurchase.

EDIT: I ran out of this while it was out of stock and started getting noticeably fewer breakouts, so I probably have a sensitivity to the coconut alkanes in it. However, if this doesn't break you out, wetting your face before using it counteracts the grittiness and most of the greasiness.