Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by age: 19-24
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.3

My skin is dry and a bit dull. So I just started using this at night after Alpa Arbutin, (toner, Alpa Arbutin, then vit c). Everything was good and i love this product, even the texture is rough and does tingly my face, it means this product works, however today is the day 5th and i can see my face looks so much brighter, i didn’t know that those product actualy give me that fast result, but on the 6th day of using this, i dont know whether it’s the Vit C or the Alpa Aburtin, the areas around my eyes shown bumps like little acnes. I guest im not gonna using this Vit C product everynight just 2-3 night per time.

on 6/14/2018 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for 2 months. Have honestly yet to see any fading of my PIH and discoloration. However I did notice an overall glow up to my complexion, but it is not drastic enough for me to want to continue purchasing this product.

First reaction : It stung a lot. And the packaging is not ideal, it is quite a runny liquid so I would have preferred a pump. Then the stinging sensation faded after 1 minute and the rest of the times I used it, there were no more stinging reactions. It is quite a heavy layer on the skin, I had to wait close to 30 minutes for it to be absorbed by my skin. Definitely a night time product. It has also an almost oily consistency, with small spherical granules.

All in all, if you want your complexion to brighten a little, give it a whirl. I would recommend sticking to other formulations though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product absolutely blew my mind. It's cheap first of all. The packaging is nice and silky. And oh my God the things it does to your skin. People were complaining about the gritty texture so I expected it to be big grits like a face wash. It isn't like that.. the grits are more like a fine sand. But like honestly, what do I care? As long as it works I couldn't care less about the texture. And boy does this stuff work! It burns a bit but my sensitive, redness prone skin LOVES it. I woke up in shock over how much it had reduced my redness, and even seemingly had already got to work on my acne scars and sun spots. I literally want to talk to everyone about this brand after my experience with this product and I'm going to back try some of their other stuff asap

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product as I love vitamin C products, however, it broke me out plus the burning sensation doesn't help.

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Despite this product not really liked by many people, I really love this product.

L-Ascorbic Acid is the main ingredient in this product. Known as pure form of vitamin c, this LAA really unstable in water form so I really understand why The Ordinary make this product waterless and silicone free and it haves gritty texture. I saw many people complain the strong tingling even experienced burning. If this product used alone, it will become too strong for skin and causes reactions. Best mix this with moisturizer, it reduces tingling sensation and works better on my skin.

With gritty, milky white runny texture, and weird chemical smells, this product really win my heart. I mixed this with my moisturizer and I woke up with smoother, brighter and glowing. I really saw my acne scars reduced and my pores smaller.

I only dislike the packaging. It makes me always accidentally poured products too much.

Definitely going to purchase again if I run out of my current suspension.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I dont feel as though the other posters were given enough information when purchasing this product.
It feels gritty because its little chunks of concentrated vitamin C. By gently working this onto the skin it should not be like exfoliating - should be using gentle hands while apply products to the face anyways!! If you are completely against the grittiness even though it contributes to its strength and effectiveness - the ordinary offers a silicone base one that is more like a serum and is not gritty. For the price and effectiveness of this product, its a steal!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Everything about this is just.....no. The texture feels gritty like everyone says but it’s literally like rubbing a face scrub on your dry skin. So irritating and annoying. Why are there even HA spheres in this to begin with? It did not sting or make my face red, but to be honest I just did not want to fool with this weird gritty product and ended up returning it to Sephora. Price and packaging are both great, and it might be an effective product, but I’m so turned off by everything about this.....whatever this is. I think I’m just more of a serum/essence kinda girl!

on 11/22/2017 2:37:00 PM

I used this inly a couple of times. The second time i used it my face was on fire. I tried to sit through it thinking the active ingredient was giod for me. But couldn't take it anymore! Had to wash it off. I woke up the next day with huge welt like patches where it hadnt been fully washed off (near my neck). And its still burning. Along with the gritty texture i would give the a 0. Will be throwing this one out!

on 11/22/2017 8:25:00 AM

If you are on the shelf about getting this product - I say BUY IT. NOW. Especially if you are considering this or a $100+ vitamin c serum.

I actually have never reviewed a product before, but this has visibly reduced my pigmentation in 2 weeks. I had my skin analysed at a spa 2 weeks ago, just before I started using this product - I had not introduced anything else new - and when I went in this week for follow up images there was a very noticeable different in my skin! Like crazy. The girl was like - what have you been using?? And I didn't even want to tell her because here they are hawking $160 serums and my $9.80 brand came through with the goods.

Most negative reviews here (that nearly scared me off from buying this! damn you! evil spawns of satan!) are based on either irritation or consistenty of product, not actual results (obviously irritation makes it hard to get results cause you have to stop - so i'll give you that). Anyway here was my experience:

Irritation: I have sensitive (yes, truly sensitive - dermatitis prone) fair skin and blue eyes and did not find this irritating at all which is surprising. It DOES tingle, a lot, which freaked me out on first application - but I have not experienced any irritation. I was going to spot test it but I'm impatient so thankgod that worked out or it would not have been pretty.

Consistency: I was expecting the worst and happily surprised. It's a milky emulsion that is oil based, with small vitamin c particles in it which does give the product a slightly gritty texture. As for the grittiness - I apply this to slightly damp skin, and don't even notice. I think the damp skin helps, but have used it dry and it was fine.

Finish: Oooh is this oily. It does leave the skin shiny and since it is an oil based product (squalene) it takes ~20 minutes to absorb in, but if that's a big problem then I say just stick to using it in the PM. I use mine AM too but I don't use foundation, just a sunscreen after. I can see how with foundation on top this could all get to be a little too shiny.

ALL UP - if you have visible pigmentation (freckles or blemish scars) you want to reduce - get it.
If you don't have this, then maybe it's not for you, but it's 9.80AU so get it anyway.