Edward Bess Prismette Eyeshadow Quad 03 Over The Moon

No Image

1 review

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found some reviews for this on blogs online, and it seems that people felt the shadows in this quad were nice, but that they were too dark and too similar to function as a palette. When I received this quad after finding it on a blog sale I too was disappointed, since the three dark shades are indeed much more similar when swatched than they are in the pan. But over time this has become one of my most used eyeshadow sets, and this is often the only set I bring when I travel.

To me, the colours look like a matte off white or beige, a purply browny taupe with a satin finish, a matte very dark taupe grey and a matte dark taupey purple. While this quad doesn't work as a traditional palette due to the lack of variety, it works brilliantly as a set of smudgey liners or for a smokey haze look. All four shades are semi sheer and easy to blend out or build up. I tend to start by going with the off white all over the lid, then I use one of the three dark shades with a dense fluffy brush as a sheer wash on the bottom of the upper lid, making the colour get gradually lighter towards the crease. And then I line with one of the three dark shades, on top with a sponge tip applicator and on bottom with a smudge brush. The slight variations in undertone and the semi sheer nature of the eyeshadows make this palette very versatile. I have brown eyes so the slight purple tone is an added bonus. The only downside to the palette is the applicator, it feels cheap but it works ok for lining (for a hazy look you'll need to use a fluffier brush).