MAC Cosmetics Selena - Dreaming of You

No Image

on 1/11/2017 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lipstick is PERFECT!! I've been looking for a red to fall in love with for a long, long time, and this is it!! I'm a NW20 and this just brings out my eyes and lights up my entire face. The matte formula is comfortable, not too dry, and unlike other reds, this one doesn't slide all over my face. If you are someplace where you can't touch it up it actually leaves a pretty stain behind, which you can enhance with clear lip balm until you can get to a mirror to reapply your lipstick. Please, please, please MAC....make this color permanent!!

on 1/4/2017 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dreaming of You is exactly what I wanted MAC Diva to be on me. Diva is stunning, but it came off so red on me...much more ruby slippers than this gorgeous deep oxblood burgundy shade of Dreaming of You. I am nw20, deep winter, almost black hair, brown eyes. Dreaming of You is just deep perfection. I was worried it would be too brown toned, but it is not, nor is it too red or too purple. It wears as smooth and creamy as Diva does too (I use Diva as a marker because IMO it is one of their best mattes.). I was not expecting to like this lipstick so much. I would love if this bad boy became permanent.

on 12/30/2016 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ohhh my god!!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Its like Burberry Oxblood but sexier! The texture is brilliant, matte but creamy when applied. It's definitely the most special product in the Selena line (love her RIP). I bought all three lippys in the collection but this is my favourite.

on 10/31/2016 12:20:00 PM

I was one of the unlucky ones who didn't get the limited edition MAC Selena collection because it was sold out but I bought the entire collection (minus two products) off of eBay.

I was concerned about the Dreaming of You lipstick, because it looked dark on the tutorials I watched but I am a brunette with brown eyes and I love Selena's look so I thought I'd give it a try.

The color is really beautiful and is a nice matte finish but it was just way too dark for me. It make me look almost goth, even though I applied it with a light hand. The colors from this collection come from Selena's personal makeup case so I think if you are a Latina or have a darker complexion it will look gorgeous on you but I am a medium skin tone, on the lighter side, I guess, and it just didn't do it for me.

The entire collection comes out again in January. If you have a deeper complexion, snap one up. it's a great buy.