Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received this in a holiday package set and love all of the drunk elephant products since they are made of simple ingredients. I did not see any positive or negative results from this, which is great since it is keeping my skin consistent. I would not repurchase just because the benefits did not match the expensive price.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using a sample of DE C-firma Day Serum for about 4 days to see if my skins likes it before I splurge on the $126.00 bottle in New Zealand. I am of indian decent and have combination skin. I'm in my early 30's and have been guilty of not giving my skin enough care. I recently discovered that I have developed small dark sun spots around the cheeks and eye area and wanted a product to reduce it. I went into Mecca Cosmetica and was recommended this serum to help lighten/remove sun spots. I took a sample home and started using it.

My first application after using product was good, I applied the product by itself at night and the next day my skin looked brighter. The second day I applied it during the day, and noticed my skin had a light tan to it, I'm unsure if this is due to the pale/mid yellow colouring the serum has. The third day I decided to use it with rose hip night cream to provide more moisture to my skin as the serum is a bit sticky on it's on, I applied this during the night.The next morning I noticed I started breaking out in small red bumps, just 2 or 3 around the forehead, t-zone and cheek.

Fourth day I used the serum at night just by itself and my red bumps got a little bit bigger, so I've stopped using it. This product could have reacted with the rose hip night cream, maybe, but the little breakouts was enough for me to make up my mind. I dont think I will invest in buying this product, I will research for an alternative.

Best advice is to get samples for these expensive serums and creams, everyones skin type of different so they react differently.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This gave me a bad breakout including a painful acne bump on the side of my nose which has taken almost 1 week to settle down (using The Ordinary Niacinamide & Zinc 2 x per day and PC's BHA 9). The only thing I can put it down to is the form of Vitamin C in here: Ascorbic Acid which is harsher than many other types of Vit C. The first few times I applied this were without any issues but by the 4th day all hell broke loose. Very surprised as my skin loves Vit C (in most forms) normally and there are so many good thing in here that should in theory counteract the harshness of the Ascorbic Acid, such as Licorice and Green Tea. Not for me.
However the few days I did use it, for what it's worth my skin did look very bright and radiant. The effects were definitely visible, just such a shame I couldn't continue using it. My advice would be to try out a sample first if unsure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 12/28/2018 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For $100 (CAD) product this vitamin c serum has been extremely disappointing. I have used the Ole Henriksen Truth serum and Philosophy Turbo Booster C powder and I noticed results with both. I noticed the best results with the Philosophy one. The Philosophy booster C powder gave me radiant skin! I didn't notice any results with the Drunk Elephant serum after using a whole bottle. My skin became dull and it looked like I wasn't using any vitamin c serum while I was using this. I didn't like how the serum is orange coloured since that makes it difficult to tell if the serum has oxidized. I also noticed the serum turned a darker shade of orange after 3 months of use, which is very disappointing considering the air tight opaque bottle and I store it in the medicine cabinet. I noticed a huge improvement in 2 days after I went back to my Philosophy booster C powder and that only cost me $50 compared to $100 and it has a longer shelf life since it's in a powder form. I feel like Drunk elephant is a over hyped brand and I have better results with The Ordinary and drugstore products. Overall, this product didn't hurt my skin but it did absolutely nothing. I have used vitamin c serums daily for close to 2 years now. This product couldn't even maintain the results of previous vitamin c serums/powder, which shows how ineffective the formulation is for me.

on 12/12/2018 10:00:00 PM

If I had to pick one DE product that I can't live without, this would be it. At $80, you get 30 ml or 1 fluid ounce. The one thing I don't like about it is the price point, but this product is very good and is the most effective vitamin C serum I've ever used. I've tried a few before this, but this fades my hyper-pigmentation and acne scarring in 1-2 weeks. It comes in a pump bottle and is designed in a way where you can get every last drop out, so nothing goes to waste. Some criticisms about this product that I've seen is how it might cause discoloration, but I don't find that to be an issue. I use very little at a time and only apply at night onto certain problem areas of my face. The issue that I find with vitamin C is that it's very difficult to stabilize. The CosRx Triple C Lightning Liquid and the Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C serum have drop bottles, but the product changes color rapidly as the vitamin C serum is exposed to air. A lot of people mention maybe putting it in the fridge, but I don't like spending money only to have the effectiveness of the product be diminished as soon as I open it. The greatest thing about the C-Firma Day serum is that the air-tight packaging allows for the vitamin C to REMAIN stable and effective. It earns a permanent spot on my counter because I see major results when I use it. No more dark marks!

on 11/8/2018 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. It did absolutely nothing for my skin, and oxidized to a dark amber color within 2 weeks (!) This serum also smells horrible and left a lingering unpleasant odor on my skin during the day. Would not recommend.

Pros:
none

Cons:
No visible change in my skin
Crazy fast oxidation
Smells terrible IMO (and leaves a lingering scent)
Price

on 6/27/2018 2:15:00 PM

I've used this product for over a year. I feel like it does a good job in keeping my skin hydrated but I didnt notice any difference in my skin looking more brighter and renewed. I felt like I was adding serum to my skin routine without the benefits vitamin c would because I didnt see a difference in my skin. I also felt like it oxidized quickly. The color is a dead giveaway. From what I've learned from research, vitamin c is supposed to colorless. I'm not a chemist or anything, but if the product is orange and turns into a darker brown overtime, then I believe it oxidized so for $100 CAD what was I putting on my face? I've used it for over a year as I believed its marketing claims, but learned so much more as I researched and have come to realize that I may have wasted money on a hydrating serum. Now I'm using a topical vitamin c powder and I definitely see a difference in brightening and my face looks renewed - overall, my face looks healthy. I do not recommend this product.

on 6/22/2018 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This has been the one product that has saved my pitted acne scars and discolouration. I have been using this for a month now and my facialist was so amazed when she saw me 2 weeks after I started using this product.

Skin now has great tone and this is help fading any hyper pigmentation and lessening the depths of any pitted scars.

Expensive but a beautiful formulation. I find I need nothing else!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I just don't get the hype with this brand. C Firma Day Cream did nothing for me! I've had better, "glowing" results with lot cheaper less cutesy company names. I wonder if people are drawn the "drunk elephant" name and somehow they can bypass the poor quality of their products. this stuff turned orange in few weeks, which is a bad sign for vit C product, and this happened despite the airtight packaging. I continued to use it until finished with it, but it did absolutely nothing. Right now I'm using Protini Polypeptide Cream, which is also showing no results whatsoever. So hence my negativity to the whole brand...have had no results from 2 products so my decision is made.

on 4/25/2018 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently repurchased this for the 3rd time. The new packaging is much better than the old packaging. Now it's a twist top pump which I find it much more convenient & neater than how it was previously. The product itself is easily my favorite part of my skincare routine.

A thin orange serum packed full of vitamin c + other great skincare ingredients. While the $80 price tag for 1fl oz is pretty steep, there's nothing on the ingredients list that I find questionable. My skin drinks this stuff up. I love how it makes my face appear brighter. I've been using this in conjunction with the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 in the morning & my skin went from terrible to good within a week. I've heard so many people say that this product helped fade old acne scarring. It's helping me in that department too.

This product gets so much hate because it's expensive. Sure there are cheaper vitamin C serums out there. But people opt to buy pricier things all the time even though there are more affordable alternatives. If you're able & willing, there's nothing wrong with treating yourself. If you can't then that's absolutely understandable. If you wish you could... you'll get there one day! If you can afford high-end skincare but don't want to spend your money on it... fantastic! That doesn't change the fact that this is an excellent serum.

Video Reviews & Tutorials