Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

2.7

on 11/25/2017 9:14:00 PM

I've used 2 bottles of this stuff and will not repurchase. I understand that you're looking for a cumulative effect as opposed to overnight results, but I didn't see any change in my skin after using this for over a year. Each bottle lasted about 6 months. I used once daily under sunscreen often mixing with the BHydra or the Marula oil. Packaging is supposed to keep air out. As the product is colored orange it's difficult to tell if it went off or not. Not worth the heavy price tag in my opinion. I will try another vitamin C serum.

on 10/12/2017 9:37:00 PM

This is a terrible C serum. I have nothing against Drunk Elephant and some of their products are my HG's (Lala Retro, B hydra), but man this C serum is garbage. I always keep my L-AA serums in the fridge so they don't turn before I can use them up and I have a bottle of Timeless C+E Ferulic that's been in my fridge for over 6 months and it's still crystal clear. Well I purchased a bottle of C Firma a month ago and it's been in the fridge since the day I got it and it's turned brown. Not golden or even orangish, it's totally an ugly oxidized brown. Like WTF. It's also super oily and at this point I'm not going to put it on my skin because it's so oxidized what would be the point. I'm glad I have my bottle of Timeless and I will be sticking with that since I've had great results, no oxidization and it's really inexpensive.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great, and if I were in a slightly higher income bracket it would be my go-to vitamin C treatment. I got one of the mini sampler duo things from Sephora that has this and the blue-cap moisturizer gel whatever, and while I didn't like that one I loved the C-Firma serum and used every last drop. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with mild rosacea, so it is always a fun time trying new skincare products. I had never used a vitamin C serum or really anything with vitamin C before, so I didn't really know what to expect. Given that my face is covered in the most crybaby skin you can imagine, I expected some burning or stinging at first given different things I had read, but it wasn't nearly that bad, maybe just a little tingly the first couple of times but nothing drastic or unnerving. The small vial in the duo lasted me about a month, and in that time I saw some pretty dramatic changes in the overall tone of my skin as well as acne spots that became significantly less noticeable. I used it during the day, of course, and I didn't notice any effect on the wear or longevity of my makeup or anything though I did usually let it sink in for at least a few minutes before I applied the next steps in my skincare routine. I am kicking myself for even trying this before less expensive alternatives because I have yet to try anything that's as good or as quick at showing results, but I might splurge during the VIB sale since I'd guess that a full size bottle would probably last me a good long time. Darn you, Drunk Elephant, for making such a fabulous product that is a stretch for my middle class self. Update Jan. 2018: I got the full size and I am still loving it. I only use one pump per day, so I think the bottle will last long enough that the cost is offset somewhat. I think the packaging of the full size is really nice (and fun!) and it seems like a worthy investment.

Popular Face Skincare Products