Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This gave me a bad breakout including a painful acne bump on the side of my nose which has taken almost 1 week to settle down (using The Ordinary Niacinamide & Zinc 2 x per day and PC's BHA 9). The only thing I can put it down to is the form of Vitamin C in here: Ascorbic Acid which is harsher than many other types of Vit C. The first few times I applied this were without any issues but by the 4th day all hell broke loose. Very surprised as my skin loves Vit C (in most forms) normally and there are so many good thing in here that should in theory counteract the harshness of the Ascorbic Acid, such as Licorice and Green Tea. Not for me.
However the few days I did use it, for what it's worth my skin did look very bright and radiant. The effects were definitely visible, just such a shame I couldn't continue using it. My advice would be to try out a sample first if unsure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this to try it and when I was done, I immediately went back to the Paula's Choice brand. I actually see a difference when using the Paula's Choice brand (sort of like a brightening effect) and I think that the DE version made my skin look dull.

on 1/28/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

It's expensive. I would never buy the full size when they have sample kits avail and even then, they aren't exactly cheap either. I'd wanted to try this brand for so long so I purchased The Littles Kit last summer. They lasts forever, took awhile to get through this. The smell that many complain about was mild to me and disappeared quickly. Performance-wise, I thought it was okay. Not what I expected for the price and I probably won't buy it again because I think you can get the same or better results with less expensive options of the same ingredient quality as this brand. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Vitamin C as much as I am glycolic or retinol. It certainly didn't make my skin worse which is always nice. I'm just one of those that expects a lot from an expensive product and feels truly excited when an inexpensive option exceeds my expectations.

I would not recommend this product for oily to combination skin. There a to manny oils that they added. But it did get rid of pigantation on my face! But not redness. But i would not repurchased I will go for a lightweight vit c serum next time. But normal to dry skin types will absolutely Love Love Love this it is hydrating at the same time.

on 9/30/2017 10:35:00 AM

I feel like I was victim to a bait and switch.. lol I first tried this last year, love love loved the results I got. My skin odd I get pale patches on my cheeks and darker patches in the hollows of them and on my chin. The fist bottle (full size) I used completely and my face was so even, so bright, I would even dare myself to go out with out makeup. The odd discoloration was gone and my scars from breakouts were so minimal.
I didn’t at all hesitate shelling out the $$ for a second time. I was duped... the color of the serum was way lighter, no biggy right. It’s made with natural ingredients so colors will vary.. but it was more watery too?! I used it the same as I did with the first bottle.. super disappointed. My patches are coming back, not very noticeable but I notice. I had this pimple that thought it signed a lease to stay on my face, I had the same thing happened last year too.. the scar from the first time faded to nothing with the first bottle. This second time around and nothing, literally 3 months of nothing. I switch to Clinique Smart Serum and everything is fading. I’m hoping that if and when I finish the Smart serum I can go back to the C-Firma to get the same amazing results the first time I tried it..As of now I feel like C-firma is just a paperweight

on 9/14/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is expensive for a vitamin C serum, but for good reason. I've never been a fan of vitamin c serums but this one is my favorite. It's oil based and doesn't dry out my skin, so it's gentle enough to use every day if I wanted to. I love the fact that it's active for 72 hours after application, which I think is pretty nifty. I'm not crazy about the smell, which smells like sour fruit (from the vitamin c) and hot dog water (the ferulic acid) but it does wonders for my skin, even after just one application. To avoid the sour fruit smell, I use this at night and in the morning wake up to glowy, clear skin. The effect is amazing. The packaging is also well designed in that it prevents oxidation. This is the one vitamin c product I'll repurchase over and over again!

on 5/20/2017 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Vitamin C is not supposed to produce quick results. The added fruit enzymes exfoliated my skin, and made it look like my skin texture was improving the first few days. But it was too harsh and I broke out in small pimples all over my chin. Also, this product is oily, which made my skin worse. Not worth it. Hated their Vitamin B gel as well.

I will be searching for a simple, no-frills Vitamin C, if I decide to use Vitamin C at all. I loved the pump packaging of this product though.

I did major research on finding a Vit C serum, as I know its benefits and that stability/packaging is a major issue. This seemed to be the winner, and the price didn't seem too bad given that "other" serums may be de-activated by light (per research). Have used Ole Hendriksens "truth serum" many moons ago with no real effect, and think it might have been less potent, if at all

Although I was excited to introduce Vitamin C into my regimen and this was pretty irritating, surpassingly, even though I did incorporate slowly, used sunscreen (not just makeup with sunscreen), etc. It does smell foul, almost smoky, but that dissipates. I did return, but am still on the hunt.

on 1/25/2017 10:18:00 AM

I use this after I wash my face in the morning with the DE soap - it works great- I would say I use it 5 out of 7 mornings of the week just to give my skin a rest on the other days... I use all of the DE products and I follow this product with the DE sunscreen which I have also reviewed.

on 11/3/2016 4:23:00 PM

This is quite a simple no frills product with vitamin C, sinks in well but this isn't anything special. I usually buy the same concentration vitamin c serum from amazon that has other antixodiants that work in conjunction with the vitamin c for around $20. I felt there was more of a difference but was curious to see what a high end vitamin c was like. There was nothing adverse but I just didn't feel it made as big a difference as when theres other goodies such as Vitamin c, ferulic, resveratrol, green tea, etc. This is a well packaged but I would not purchase again since there is no value for money.

Video Reviews & Tutorials