Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

2.4

on 11/20/2017 6:31:00 PM

Love their philosophy, especially embracing cruelty-free, but not wowed with the results. The consistency was light and set quickly. Though fragrancefree, it smelled heavenly. After using the very last drop, I think that it was a great moisturizer, but without the usual benefits from other c serums. Not likely to repurchase, but may try other products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I feel the need to warn others, since this caused me to break out in acne on my face. Please beware if you are acne-prone.
I also try to avoid plastic packaging, and this is supposedly a natural product (I do love that they do not test on animals), so I'm surprised that at least the inner encasement is not glass (since plastic's chemicals can leach into products).
This was a waste of money and it took my skin time to recover, so I would definitely not repurchase.

on 9/15/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this! But it broke me out on my cheeks where I normally don't get acne, I got little white heads the next day after using this and it was the only product I changed in my routine. I also didn't like the texture it was oily yet not easy to spread over the face. My skin felt smothered with this on. The scent is not desirable but I don't care as long as the product works for me. If you have acne prone sensitive clog prone skin like mine please use caution. I am going to try mad hippie vitamin c serum next and see how that goes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Unfortunately this did not work for my skin type. I'm in my late 20's and starting to see signs of sun spots so I've been using skinceuticals aox 20 vitamin c serum for a few years now. I've never had an issue with it but I got my hands on a few sample packets of this from DE. As soon as I poured a little on my finger tips, I immediately felt the difference in consistency between the two. DE's serum is very thick and feels oily (reminded me of castor oil). Skinceuticals has a watery consistency.
So after two days of using it at night, my pores started to appear larger, my skin felt oily, and a few pimples appeared. I kept using it for another week or so and my skin kept getting worse so I stopped using it.
I can see this working for someone who is not acne prone, dry skin/small pores. I will be sticking to what works for me!

on 4/1/2017 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It smells of rotting oranges and it leaves the skin with a sticky kind of feeling. Really disliked it!

on 7/19/2016 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My skin was really good before using this product, but I didn't notice a major difference after using it except that the smile lines around my mouth were more pronounced and this is NOT what I want. I also didn't notice a difference with firming or an improvement in my skin; however, this did make my face feel greasy and it DID smell like bacon grease like everyone said. I gave it a 3 because I don't think this is a bad product; it just didn't work for me.

Edit on 5/2/17: This stuff is the BEST. I guess I didn't see an improvement before, because my skin was pretty good at the time. However, my skin was looking haggard and dry and I gave this another go, and WOW. It transformed my skin and I am a believer. My skin looks plump, hydrated, and younger. I loooove this stuff.

on 2/25/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first Drunk Elephant purchase. I purchased the serum because the message behind the company appealed to me. It is a new company that incorporates both natural and synthetic ingredients that are cutting-edge and effective. The company believes that today's regulations allow companies in both the natural and synthetic categories to use harmful, toxic ingredients. I started going a more natural route in my skincare routine to avoid some irritating synthetic ingredients. However, in my quest, I found there to be just as much skin irritants in some natural products as the synthetic products. This company stands out to me because of how nit picky they are over each ingredient they use in their products. So the message is great, but does the product work?

Packaging: This is the BEST packaging I've seen for a vitamin C serum. It doesn't look as fancy as others but it is very smart. They use an airless pump bottle. This helps to keep the Vitamin C serum stable. A lot of other Vitamin C serums use a bottle and dropper package that exposes the Vitamin C to air every time you open it. Vitamin C is highly unstable. I've read some complaints about the packaging; however, this is about the old packaging of the product. The new packaging solves the complaints about the liquid spilling out too fast, etc. Make sure you get the new packaging if you buy from a third party vendor. It should look like what you currently see on their website. The bottle pumps out the perfect amount of product. The bottle is an opaque plastic, keeping light from making the Vitamin C unstable. I prefer the plastic to glass because it is easier for traveling. The downside is you can't tell how much product you have left. But I will take that downside knowing I don't have to worry about my Vitamin C expiring before I use it all.

Product: I wanted a product that was good for aging and fading pigmentation, which is what Vitamin C is good for. Drunk Elephant's serums have been highly praised so I was excited to try out one of their serums. I didn't notice any results the first few days. However, it didn't cause any bad side effects so I persisted. My skin doesn't have active acne on it (thanks to past Accutane and my current Differin use), but it still is extremely acne-prone to a lot of products. This product did not break me out. It took about 4 weeks before I noticed results from it. My overall skin tone has definitely improved! :)

Note: The first week I had to use it every other morning. My face though was very sensitive from my retinoid gel. I had just built up using my retinoid gel every night without irritation. If using a Retinoid/Retinol, AHA/BHA, and Vitamin C serum for the first time, make sure you don't start using them all for the first time at once. Build up a tolerance slowly to your Retinoid or AHA/BHA before incorporating a Vitamin C serum. Use the Vitamin C serum in the morning if you are using a Retinoid/Retinol product at night. Even if you're not using a Retinoid/Retinol or AHA/BHA, allow your skin to build a tolerance to a Vitamin C serum. If your skin gets dry, give it whatever time it needs to recover. Some people are able to start using a Vitamin C serum everyday right away, others are not. Listen to your skin. It should always look good or better, not worse.

Overall I LOVE the product! A month later, my skin is brighter and healthier looking! My fiancee even made a comment about my skin looking great lately! It is also helping to fade stubborn pigmentation from past acne spots! I wait a few minutes before I apply my moisturizer/sunscreen. The initial tackiness goes away by then and absorbs into my skin. It wears well under makeup. It is expensive but it is HALF the price of the patented beloved Skinceuticals C EF serum! Out of curiosity, I compared it to a cheaper dupe of Skinceuticals and Drunk Elephant was so much better. I am curious though on how it performs compare to the actual Skinceuticals version, but I refuse to spend that amount. Drunk Elephant serum's pH is 3.3-3.5, which is in the effective 2.0-3.5 range for Vitamin C. Plus Drunk Elephant added a whole bunch of other antioxidants that are amazing for the skin!

Video Reviews & Tutorials