Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

2.8

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The emperor has no clothes! This smells like a bucket of fish heads ALL day, my grandmother even noticed the smell a few feet away after hours of wear. It also leaves an orange residue on the skin and it broke me out every time I used it, which isn't a mystery since marula oil has a comedogenic rating of 3-4! It failed on every level for me. This brand have a great social media ad campaign, that's about it.

on 5/20/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

So far I've tried three DE products and this is the only one I will for sure be repurchasing. My skin is dry and sensitive so I worried that I wouldn't be able to tolerate this, but it has been completely fine. My skin drinks it in and it's easy to wear under moisturizers, foundations, SPF, whatever - it doesn't seem to conflict with anything. The packaging keeps the ingredients stable and although the price is a little high, a little goes a long way so I think it's a good value. The smell is unusual (in skincare at least. i think it smells like a jar of vitamins...definitely not a fragrance type of odor) but not terribly strong. I know the benefits of a vitamin C serum are more long term, but I swear I think my skin is slightly brighter and more even in tone and texture. The only other vitamin C serum I have tried was by Ole Henrikson and while that didn't irritate my skin I didn't notice any change, but with this I do see more of a benefit.
UPDATE: bumping it up to 5 lippies. My skin just loves this. My complexion is smooth and this seems to really prep my skin to get the most out of moisturizers. I've completely gotten accustomed to the smell so I don't even notice it anymore.

on 12/22/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Sad to say-I found that this product reeks. To me, it smells like the water from cooking a hot dog. It is off putting.

Nor did I like the look and feel of the product. It too was off putting--orange-ish brown tone. Felt very sticky, icky on my face.

I tried the product 4 times, but each time I had to wash it off after about 5 minutes.

I would love to have loved the product -cute packaging, company focus on non-toxic healthy ingredients. Those two things they have right but...the product itself not so good.

The product itself actually turns my stomach a bit and since I had to wash it off quickly--I can't say whether it is effective or not.

Drunk Elephant-I hope you read this and go back to the drawing board with this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my first Vitamin C Product and I love it. I also appreciate that this product is chock full of antioxidants fermented pumpkin extract and pomegranate for a few. Really great skin ingredients. Also, love the pump style and air-tight, opaque packaging that this is housed in, which keeps the highly potent, yet sensitive, ingredient that is Vitamin C stable and effective for a long period of time.

Like many Vitamin C products, the ingredients can remain in active synergy with the skin for up to 72 hours, so for this reason and for the price, I use this product once every few days... sometimes backing off to even once a week, but I do see a smoothing and brightening effect to the skin both instantly after putting on, and at least in terms of the smoothness, at least somewhat an effect of that for days ongoing. Contrary to the name of the product, I use it mostly at night, due to its rather sticky feel on the skin.

This product does have a unique smell that smells a bit like a metallic pumpkin, which would make sense, due to the pumpkin extract in here and the metallic twinge typical of L'asorbic acid and other vitamin C-sourced skincare. Most find it off-putting, but I kinda like it, as it does have a pumpkin twang, but it isn't the best thing ever. The scent is a product of the ingredients, though, no added perfumes here.

I like this product, but want to try the Caudalie Vinosource Brightening Serum, as, due to some kits available on Sephora with a full size of that plus some other products, it works out to be a better value, and even alone, it is cheaper (only by $1, though, USD), but it is said to be smoother in texture and more lotiony so I hope to get similar results (skin brightening plus a source of Vitamin C) with less of a sticky/tacky feel, so hopefully the serum cannot only act as a serum, but also maybe a serum plus moisturizer (albeit a light one) in one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials