Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

Smelt disgusting, Made my face bright red. Does this stuff actually do anything beneficial?

on 9/14/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is expensive for a vitamin C serum, but for good reason. I've never been a fan of vitamin c serums but this one is my favorite. It's oil based and doesn't dry out my skin, so it's gentle enough to use every day if I wanted to. I love the fact that it's active for 72 hours after application, which I think is pretty nifty. I'm not crazy about the smell, which smells like sour fruit (from the vitamin c) and hot dog water (the ferulic acid) but it does wonders for my skin, even after just one application. To avoid the sour fruit smell, I use this at night and in the morning wake up to glowy, clear skin. The effect is amazing. The packaging is also well designed in that it prevents oxidation. This is the one vitamin c product I'll repurchase over and over again!

I like this stuff a lot. It's packaged well for C serum so that it doesn't oxidize. My skin has looked great since starting it about a month ago; no breakouts from it, it's not sticky, no complaints at all.

on 6/18/2016 7:41:00 PM

I really wanted to like this serum since I heard many people saw great results in their skin after using this. My skin is very thin, super sensitive, combination easily dehydrated(flaky patches), clog prone, acne prone with some post acne hyperpigmentation and broken capillaries. I was looking for something that would help even out the skin tone, prevent UV damage and dissolve unwanted surface skin cells (flaky patches).

This serum did not smell like hotdogs or bacon like other reviews mentioned the scent is nice not too strong. This did not feel super stingy and did not cause irritation it felt nice when applied on; not too sticky or heavy but it turned orange on my face. Then it started to clog my skin and cause some tiny breakouts. I suspect that the clog pores and tiny breakouts are due to the marula seed oil and ferulic acid.... all the oils. If this was oil free I would continue to use it and repurchase, but unfortunately I have to return it this is not cheap.

Video Reviews & Tutorials