Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a travel-sized bottle of this in the DE Dayglow set during the Sephora VIB sale. I wanted to try it before committing to the full-sized version -- this stuff is not cheap. One week in, I am really liking this product. It hasn't irritated my super-sensitive, acne-prone, rosacean skin at all and is making it amazingly smooth and soft as baby's you know what. Here are the negatives: it's expensive, smells horrible (like burnt hot dogs - exactly like Skinceuticals CE Ferulic), and leaves my face sticky. But for gorgeous skin, I'm willing to sacrifice. I will be getting the full-sized bottle just as soon as I work my way through my current bottle of Replenix CF Cream.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I just don't get the hype with this brand. C Firma Day Cream did nothing for me! I've had better, "glowing" results with lot cheaper less cutesy company names. I wonder if people are drawn the "drunk elephant" name and somehow they can bypass the poor quality of their products. this stuff turned orange in few weeks, which is a bad sign for vit C product, and this happened despite the airtight packaging. I continued to use it until finished with it, but it did absolutely nothing. Right now I'm using Protini Polypeptide Cream, which is also showing no results whatsoever. So hence my negativity to the whole brand...have had no results from 2 products so my decision is made.

on 7/5/2016 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is fantabulous! I def think its hit HG status already - and its only been a couple weeks of use, every other day. My skin is much smoother, my dry patches are virtually non existent, and my pores are cleaned out and refined (less visible). My makeup goes on smoothly and although I am using a couple different nighttime products which I know are working in conjunction with this, I def credit DE's C serum as a major workhorse within that mix.

To address the smell people are discussing... I don't know where all these meat byproducts are entering in here (hot dogs, bacon, etc) but that's cracking me up - its also not true LOL. This straight up smells like all vitamin C products do, which is slightly metallic. I used to make my own C serums and the C powder also had this distinctive smell. While its far from aromatherapy, its not too terrible and it dissipates pretty quick.

For ages I swore by Timeless ($24) and still do, which is a lot cheaper than DE's C and Ferulic mixture ($80), but I was caught in this cycle wherein no matter how well I stored Timeless, the product went bad before I ever even got a quarter into the bottle. So when I read DE's version was much more stable and didn't expire for (I think it is) a year, I was sold. Given all above, I figured the prices btw the two products eventually evened out. So I went for it and am so glad I did!

Update Aug 2017: Although I still love this product, I have come to find this is quite difficult to wear under makeup, so I can only use it on down days where I do not go out. Likewise, its sooooo sticky and shiny that I have to use it more like a mask; I can handle it on for a few hrs but then I need to wash it off bc it gets pretty annoying... Has this effected the way I feel about this product? Well, yes and no - I still love it and its HG, plus the fact that Vita C can't technically be washed off (I am only washing away the stickiness and the VC has basically soaked in) and also stays in the skin up to 3 days (ergo no need to deal with the annoyance on the daily), I am not too distraught. Still, I wish this could be worn under makeup for additional protection, but it doesn't play nice, so I have removed 1 star from my original 6 star rating.

on 1/29/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This brand is worth every penny since you are really getting the product the company says it's giving you. And without fillers and preservatives. I've been using C serums for years and years, combing the labels looking for the real deal. This is at 15% and it means business.
I love this line. I have 2 other products to review. And soon the SPF :)
Don't you go anywhere Drunk Elephant!!

on 6/27/2018 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The premise of this product is good but there are cheaper products on the market. Also, I don't like that it's orange. It's harder to tell if it has oxidized if it's already orange. The packaging is good and should protect the product nicely. The shelf life is only 6 months though. Vitamin c (ascorbic acid) can have an adverse effect on the skin if used once oxidized. Which you can't tell because it's made orange??? So I won't use it.

At this point I will only use any vitamin c (ascorbic acid) for 3 months before replacing it. That's expensive so I've been trying other forms of vitamin c which are more stable. The ordinary ethylated vit c is very nice. Peter Thomas Roth power c is nice too. It has THD ascorbate in it. There's not alot of research on these other forms so I judge them my how my skin looks and feels. And I don't have to throw them away after 3 months.

If you really want to try this, just buy the mini. Great for travel too.

on 4/28/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This s the third product I have used from this brand , and I am beginning to think the brand is overrated . this didn't do much for my skin, it irritated it, and in the end I stopped using it fast...three products already thst haven't worked for me...done with this brand.

on 10/9/2017 11:15:00 PM

On to my second bottle. I really love using this product. I've tried a few other vitamin C serums (eg Paulas Choice) but this one is particularly lovely. The texture and smell are nice, and its often enough to use without a separate moisturiser. It also seems to be making a visible difference to my skin - my neck is more lifted and some age spots have faded. Truly lovely brand.

This doesn't cause breakouts or irritations for me. I use it every day in the morning under sunscreen. I use a .05% tretinoin cream at night. My dermatologist recommended this combination years ago, a tretinoin at night and vitamin c serum in the morning under sunscreen. I tried less expensive brands first, but my pores clogged. This is the least irritating product I have found.

Love this stuff. It really has made a difference in the appearance of my aging, mature, sun-damaged skin. It has a bit of a smell from the Vitamin C that other reviews have mentioned, but I don't find it objectionable at all.
This is a treatment serum, so you will need to add hydration/moisture - I use this first, then LaLa Retro cream and then whatever sunscreen makeup I'm doing that day. It really works and worth the money. Love this stuff -did I say that already???

on 6/6/2018 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Expensive ! But it gives great VALUE!!
One of the best ! As it’s make my skin so much better such as combat hyper pigmentation and tightening pores!!
Just LOVE and LOVE it