Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette

Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette
Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette

on 4/26/2017 6:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this Tarte palette. The colors that I use in it are perfect, and they have awesome staying power on my oily skin. If I'll be traveling or wearing for more than 12 hours, I do use Ben Nye setting spray which helps. The problem with this palette is that there are just too many light colors that I don't use, and for this price, I want to be using every single color. They're fun to experiment with, but who needs that many light colors that are so similar? It makes the box too large for travel, and I travel frequently. It's great for when I'm at home, but this palette is just too large with too many colors I don't use. I really wish Tarte would come out with individual or customizable color palettes. I'm going to run out of the darks and be left with a bunch that will be wasted.

on 4/11/2017 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is just an okay palette for me. Some of the colors are patchy and the "duo chromes" or whatever they are called are nothing special. Use your finger for pay off, or Fix+ or something.

I almost never reach for it. The ABH Modern Renaissance is so much more appealing.

The packaging is beautiful, though. Huge mirror.

on 3/12/2017 3:52:00 AM

I know this palette has gotten mixed reviews, and I don't know if it's just been a batch issue, but I am IN LOVE with my palette. It's pigmented & creamy. The shadows blend beautifully. It's by far the best palette I've bought in awhile. Highly recommend.

on 3/11/2017 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i love this palette! the texture of the shadows is so amazing and the pigmentation is to die for.

This eyeshadow palette has vibrant shadows, with good pigment and enough colors for hundreds of eye looks. This is the only palette I need; it is the only one of over ten palettes I've used consistently for a while. It also smells so sweet, not chemically or too strong, just sweet and light. The eyeshadows are smooth and blend great, so buttery! Obviously, the price is high, but compared to other high-end palettes this is the best deal there is.

This is such a lovely palette; I genuinely think that Tarte did a tremendous job with their newest PRO releases.

As much as this big palette rocks, I also wanted to mention that if you don't want to splurge on the big PRO, you can easily get a mini PRO To Go. It contains six eyeshadows only, but all of them are amazingly pigmented, buttery smooth, long-lasting and flattering. I might actually prefer smaller palette to this one and for 20 USD what else could you wish for?

It is worth every penny in my opinion. You can always read more about this and other Tarteist PRO products on my blog, swatches included ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/03/09/Tarte-Tarteist-Pro-Haul-Favourites ). Other than that - I think even their Pro Glow palette is fab and that's that!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Decent palette, consistent with other tarte palettes as far as color range and consistency.
Overall, the palette is big, 20 shadows at 1 g .035 oz each / 20 g .7 oz total, there is definitely some product in here. It is easy to work out of, and the talk about product kickup is true, just blow it off lightly. Hurge mirror and it stays open.
The palette is arranged like the tartelettes, with workable rows. I find the first three shades in each row, from lightest to darkest, blend well and don't muddy (I haven't jumped around in this yet). Primed eyes give me 11+ hrs of wear, all of the tarte shadows never crease or fade.The 4 th dark column is best for lining as it applies and blends too patchy to consider doing anything else with it. I haven't touched the duochromes either as I haven't had it long enough to figure what to do with them. The shade edgy, bottom center, is the best shadow. A smooth brown that blends like a dream, very pigmented.
If you like the tartelette palettes, you will like this even though you kind of don't need it, the tartelettes will give just about the same looks. It does, however, give something to switch up with the tartelettes, and there's the duochromes...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have yet to really experiment with this palette. I have done some looks with it though and have really liked them so far. I do notice some shades are that signature buttery softness and some are a little rougher, this doesn't seem to really takeaway from the color payoff. The shimmers I've never used dry. I always pick some up on my brush and spray some setting spray then apply. I think they look great when applied this way.

on 2/23/2017 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i got a massive dud palette when ordering from the tarte website, the palette that arrived was SO incredibly chalky and just?? i don't know how to describe. the light shades were oddly dry and waxy and the dark shades were like coloured dirt, just horrible???? the shimmer shades are fine and work well but all around very very disappointing. i was looking forward to the orange, pink and purple shades but all of these were chalky, muddy and unusable. not sure why this happened but honestly i expect much better quality control from tarte considering how big their brand is, the price and the apparently trustworthy quality of their other palettes. somehow this has nothing less than 5 star reviews on the tarte website which honestly makes me entirely skeptical. i still think the colours in this palette are really nice (if they worked) so if you really want to try this palette make sure to buy it in person and swatch it first, and preferably buy from somewhere that has a return policy.....

on 2/21/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette looks incredible with an array of lovely matte colors and four shimmery ones. In reality, the matte shades are quite nicely pigmented but somewhat powdery, so you do get a little fallout. But it is rare to find matte eyeshadows that don't.
The shimmery, "duo chrome" eyeshadows are a total let down. First of all, as you probably guessed from my use of quotation marks, they are NOT duo chrome. In fact, they are not even that shimmery. They are not very pigmented and they fade on the eyes really quickly. So overall, not good. Which is a shame, since they look so nice!

Without the "shimmery" shades this would be an OK palette. A little boring (boring because it wouldn't have any razzledazzle, not because of the shades, which are beautiful), yes, but OK.