Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette

Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette
Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow PaletteTarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow PaletteTarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette

4.1

on 2/20/2018 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

$53 (plus tax) at Ulta for my 13 year old to use. 4 shimmer shadows and 15 matte shades with lots of variety.
Kinda pricey, but there is a nice big mirror and it is NOT cardboard - it's plastic.

Nice and useful palette.

on 1/8/2018 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm new to palette world and I'm so excited about different palettes that I want whatever I see.I bought too many eyeshadow palettes during last month and we're going to travel abroad within next few days so hubby asked me to stop buying like crazy because we may see a lot more options in the country we're traveling to.he was right.unfortunately a lot of makeup brands aren't available in my country like tarte,thebalm,too faced,urban decay,lorac,morphe,nyx,smashbox&...(actually loreal,maybelline,essence,bourjois,inly,beyu and some others are all we got here).there's just two online shopes that sell some products of high-end cosmetic brands.the other way is ordering from other countries and finding a passenger and paying him to carry our orders here,which takes 3weeks to 3months to recieve the orders!
I said all these to explain how difficult buying a high-end eyeshadow palette is here.
Exactly when I decided to stop buying palettes for a while I saw tartiest pro palette in one of the mentioned online shops with the crazy price of 85$ !!!!!
I wished I could let it go but I couldn't! I just love color selection of this palette.there are so many matte medium colors which can be used as transition colors and there's enough lights to use as base or for brow bone and enough darks to use as liners or for v-part of outer corner.it's a complete palette which I can take to travel as my only eyeshadow palette.I love to see all this neutral mattes,they're so versatile.there's couple of colorful shades to make this palette even more complete.I even love it's shimmery shades(specially "minx" is so pretty and it's a shame that it doesn't show itself on lid like the pan).and it's only duochrome which is a gourgeous teal
It's packaging is perfect.nothing can beat tarte pallets in that field.it has a large mirror and I love that it stays still with whatever angle you want
I haven't used this palette enough for making a final conclusion about it.So this review is mostly about first impressions.eyeshadows are very smooth and buttery and I love this as I hate dry eyeshadows.but this softness causes a lot of kick up even when I gently use my brush,I can see some powder on pan and palette's golden surface.I thought this softness is going to cause a lot of fall out but I was wrong.until now I've used it twice and didn't observe any fall outs.
Some of the shades aren't as pigmented as other ones for example "vintage" which is white with slightest touch of pinkish undertones, but for me it's ok,as I mostly use it as base.
The other shades that made me want this palette in the first place but are practically not as often-used as I expected and are less pigmented than other ones are"indie","chic",and "bold"..I prefer to use "innocent"instead of these three.. chic and bold are also very similar on eye lid.also indie and profesh are practically very similar,so I believe they could have replace at least two shades with other colors with more pigmentation and different enough from other shades.."drama" is another challenging pan in this palette.it's a gorgeous deep burgundy which could be the most used dark shade in this palette but it's chalky on skin.darkest and most pigmented shade of this palette is "smoked"on my skin.
most of other matte shades have very good pigmentation and blend very well.they don't appear muddy on my lid even though I don't use eyeshadow primer.shimmer shades don't have much pigmentation.they're ok for daily wear when I want just a sheer layer of shimmer on my lid,when I want more intense shimmer,I have to reach for my ABH MR palette.eyeshadow quality of my lancome and Anastasia are a bit superior to my tartiest palette but I prefer shade selection of the tarte one.it's quality is the same as thebalm nude dude,the difference is that nude dude has more shimmer shades and shimmers have better pigmentation in that palette but in tartiest pro,mattes are more and they appear to be most pigmented ones
I have just received this palette and I know it's not the right time to write a review for it.I'm going to edit my review after a while but for now,I can say that I love it.it's a great and high quality palette,well maybe not as good as 85$ but if you see it in sale,grab it immediately
Edit:
1.it's packaging is luxe and high quality but it can easily become dirty
2.I thought I'm going to dislike "mod"but it's not as pink as photos.it's a beautiful red ochre and now it's among one of my most used shades

on 10/10/2017 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Is this a wonderful palette? YASSS! Is it an "essential" palette? Depends. To start with the good, the colors are vibrant, blendable and can compliment almost any skintone. It also smells fantastic. I've also tried all 4 of the shimmers with great results. If you're in to warm hues, you can't go wrong with the PRO. Now, back to the question. Is this an "essential" palette? Like I said, it depends. If you have any of the following -

ABH Renaissance
Naked Heat
Too Faced Just Peachy

Then you really don't "need" the Tartiest PRO. But if you're obsessed with warm toned shadows like me, far be It for me to call you out on your addiction! :p

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this product! It's my favorite eyeshadow palette. It has so many colors and I use almost all of them. Despite the fallout, it's something I use on an everyday basis because it is so pigmented and GORGEOUS.

on 8/13/2017 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely pallette, with 'neutral' toned mattes with accompanying shimmer duo chromes. The case is great, it's sturdy with a good large mirror. I use mine always on top of primer and most of the mattes blend beautifully, though I do find the deeper shades can be a little patchy and need more work, though they do blend well in the end. The only issue I have is that some of the mid toned colours look the same on the eye and there can be a lot of fall out with these colours too ( though nothing too excessive). It is also easy to get a muddy look if you apply too many of the shades....apart from that though, it's a good, every day pallette.

I held out on buying this palette for quite awhile. I thought I would miss it because I waited so long. Luckily that didn't happen because I really enjoy this palette. The formula to me works quite well it blends easily and the colour payoff is very good. I haven't had any problems with powder kickback, or fallout, yet they are super soft. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, with very cool undertones for reference. Some of my favorite matte shades are Classic, Vintage, Fierce, Vamp, Profesh, and No Filter. I enjoy all the shimmers too the go so well with the mattes in this palette. Glam would probably be my favorite of them all though I do enjoy the slight duo chrome of Trendy. These shadows apply well they do not highlight my eye texture at all.

With primer these shades last and blend well. The packaging is excellent the mirror it comes with is huge and well made. The palette itself is sleek and very thin which I like. For the $$ I think this is a lovely palette! The shade selection is awesome you can do so many looks with this. At first I didn't think I wanted this and was going to pass. But now I'm so happy with it and use it daily now. So for me I'm very apply I have this now. It's a part of my daily routine. It was a pleseant surprise with how good these shadows are! Recommended.

on 7/25/2017 10:13:00 PM

I must admit with all the bad reviews going around YouTube I hesitated buying this for a long time, even though I love the colours and in general the Tarte formula. Mention of poor swatches and muddy colours made me wait till the palette was out in stores to be able to feel them out myself. I have to say I was sold when I did.

I have been using this since April and love it. I find myself gravitating towards this because of how easy looks are. The reddish tones are my favourite and I find I can use all the colours together or with other palettes as they have some great natural tones. There have been concerns with the shimmers but I find for everyday work etc they are what I want - a pretty wash of colour with low glimmer shines. You can use the shadows in rows to create a more neutral look or a deep evening look. I also find the colours to be soft and not at all muddy, but rather more bendable than the Tartlette palette. The shades you might think twice over are the 4th column, they were meant to be used as eye-liner powders and I find I love using them to deepen a look without too much pigment.

If there was one thing I had to dislike it would be the powderiness of the shadows, there is high kick up. But again this is due to the soft formula.
I will definitely repurchase. But I am also looking forward to the warm colours in the Tartelette Toasted palette.

Beautiful packaging and unique colors (i like the mix of matte and foily-ish shimmers), but the pigmentation just can't compare to ABH or Too Faced palettes. I still use it all the time (probably just to make myself feel better for spending so much money on it), but I'm always a little underwhelmed with the results.

on 7/17/2017 7:37:00 AM

While I do like this pallete and am very happy I tried it, I would not purchase it again. The colour range is nice, well the mattes at least. I didn't particularly like the shimmery colours, the duocrome blue is a bit too dark and intense, the purples/pink shimmer colour also comes out way too dark while the top 2 shimmers are too sheer and light for me.
I have given this product a 4* rating because although the shimmers aren't for me, the mattes really are lovely. There are so many looks you can create with this pallete and I love the set out of them.
The reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I live in the UK so ordering tarte products is quite costly with tax and shipping as they are not distributed by Beauty Bay or Cult Beauty. I think if you can afford it it's a nice palette to try but I still hands down prefer the ABH Modern Reneissance

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It has all the colours to create any look, from the neutral browns to warm oranges and mauves. The shimmers are also perfect to accent a matte eye. As a matte lover, this palette is truly a dream.
The shadows are pretty easy to blend and very pigmented. I travel a lot and do a full face even then and this palette is all I need, especially with the large mirror and sturdy packaging it's very handy.

What I don't like is the kickback and how powdery they are. They are creamy but too much powder kicks up. I don't really mind since it's very pigmented. Sometimes the darker colours can muddy together too.

Overall it's an extremely great buy and I much prefer this to the Naked 2 or 3, which I both have. I would say this is my favourite palette to date.