Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette

Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette
Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Palette

on 8/13/2017 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely pallette, with 'neutral' toned mattes with accompanying shimmer duo chromes. The case is great, it's sturdy with a good large mirror. I use mine always on top of primer and most of the mattes blend beautifully, though I do find the deeper shades can be a little patchy and need more work, though they do blend well in the end. The only issue I have is that some of the mid toned colours look the same on the eye and there can be a lot of fall out with these colours too ( though nothing too excessive). It is also easy to get a muddy look if you apply too many of the shades....apart from that though, it's a good, every day pallette.

I held out on buying this palette for quite awhile. I thought I would miss it because I waited so long. Luckily that didn't happen because I really enjoy this palette. The formula to me works quite well it blends easily and the colour payoff is very good. I haven't had any problems with powder kickback, or fallout, yet they are super soft. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, with very cool undertones for reference. Some of my favorite matte shades are Classic, Vintage, Fierce, Vamp, Profesh, and No Filter. I enjoy all the shimmers too the go so well with the mattes in this palette. Glam would probably be my favorite of them all though I do enjoy the slight duo chrome of Trendy. These shadows apply well they do not highlight my eye texture at all.

With primer these shades last and blend well. The packaging is excellent the mirror it comes with is huge and well made. The palette itself is sleek and very thin which I like. For the $$ I think this is a lovely palette! The shade selection is awesome you can do so many looks with this. At first I didn't think I wanted this and was going to pass. But now I'm so happy with it and use it daily now. So for me I'm very apply I have this now. It's a part of my daily routine. It was a pleseant surprise with how good these shadows are! Recommended.

on 7/25/2017 10:13:00 PM

I must admit with all the bad reviews going around YouTube I hesitated buying this for a long time, even though I love the colours and in general the Tarte formula. Mention of poor swatches and muddy colours made me wait till the palette was out in stores to be able to feel them out myself. I have to say I was sold when I did.

I have been using this since April and love it. I find myself gravitating towards this because of how easy looks are. The reddish tones are my favourite and I find I can use all the colours together or with other palettes as they have some great natural tones. There have been concerns with the shimmers but I find for everyday work etc they are what I want - a pretty wash of colour with low glimmer shines. You can use the shadows in rows to create a more neutral look or a deep evening look. I also find the colours to be soft and not at all muddy, but rather more bendable than the Tartlette palette. The shades you might think twice over are the 4th column, they were meant to be used as eye-liner powders and I find I love using them to deepen a look without too much pigment.

If there was one thing I had to dislike it would be the powderiness of the shadows, there is high kick up. But again this is due to the soft formula.
I will definitely repurchase. But I am also looking forward to the warm colours in the Tartelette Toasted palette.

Beautiful packaging and unique colors (i like the mix of matte and foily-ish shimmers), but the pigmentation just can't compare to ABH or Too Faced palettes. I still use it all the time (probably just to make myself feel better for spending so much money on it), but I'm always a little underwhelmed with the results.

on 7/17/2017 7:37:00 AM

While I do like this pallete and am very happy I tried it, I would not purchase it again. The colour range is nice, well the mattes at least. I didn't particularly like the shimmery colours, the duocrome blue is a bit too dark and intense, the purples/pink shimmer colour also comes out way too dark while the top 2 shimmers are too sheer and light for me.
I have given this product a 4* rating because although the shimmers aren't for me, the mattes really are lovely. There are so many looks you can create with this pallete and I love the set out of them.
The reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I live in the UK so ordering tarte products is quite costly with tax and shipping as they are not distributed by Beauty Bay or Cult Beauty. I think if you can afford it it's a nice palette to try but I still hands down prefer the ABH Modern Reneissance

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It has all the colours to create any look, from the neutral browns to warm oranges and mauves. The shimmers are also perfect to accent a matte eye. As a matte lover, this palette is truly a dream.
The shadows are pretty easy to blend and very pigmented. I travel a lot and do a full face even then and this palette is all I need, especially with the large mirror and sturdy packaging it's very handy.

What I don't like is the kickback and how powdery they are. They are creamy but too much powder kicks up. I don't really mind since it's very pigmented. Sometimes the darker colours can muddy together too.

Overall it's an extremely great buy and I much prefer this to the Naked 2 or 3, which I both have. I would say this is my favourite palette to date.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After being put off by the very mixed reviews of the this product online, I purchased the Pro To Go palette first. I'd never used Tarte eyeshadows before, but I ended up loving the Pro To Go palette so much that I picked the full size Pro Palette up as well and I don't regret it at all.

Formulation: These shadows are really soft and pigmented. They kick up a bit of powder when you dip your brush in, but they blend beautifully on the eye and I don't experience much fall out. The mattes are super creamy, and the shimmers are gorgeously buttery and smooth. The duo-chromes aren't really duo-chromes IMO (only the bottom shade appears to have a two-shade shift) but they're gorgeous none the less.

Shade Selection: You've got everything you need from the lightest day-time looks to glam smoky evening looks. The only shade I don't have much use for is the lightest one on the top row (Classic) because it's too yellow for me to use as a highlight. But I love the balance of warm and cool tones, and that there are a few colourful shades as well as plenty of neutrals. It's extremely versatile.

Packaging: sturdy, glam and a HUGE mirror. It's slim and perfect for travel. A+

Honestly, I don't have a bad thing to say about this palette. If I had to nitpick there are two shades I wont get much use of (Classic & Mod) I see myself getting a lot of use out of the palette as a whole, and it was money well spent.

on 5/25/2017 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Absolutely love this palette. I think that it's perfect for pale people, like myself. There are a lot of light colors that work perfectly as transition shades in the crease and I love the range of colors from stark white to beautiful browns and mauve and the "duochrome" colors are beautiful as well but they don't quite live up to their name. They are a beautiful metallic but they don't really live up to the "duo" in the word duochrome. The shade at the very bottom right, the gorgeous teal color, is the only one that comes close to a duochrome color. But despite this, I still love this palette.

on 4/26/2017 6:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this Tarte palette. The colors that I use in it are perfect, and they have awesome staying power on my oily skin. If I'll be traveling or wearing for more than 12 hours, I do use Ben Nye setting spray which helps. The problem with this palette is that there are just too many light colors that I don't use, and for this price, I want to be using every single color. They're fun to experiment with, but who needs that many light colors that are so similar? It makes the box too large for travel, and I travel frequently. It's great for when I'm at home, but this palette is just too large with too many colors I don't use. I really wish Tarte would come out with individual or customizable color palettes. I'm going to run out of the darks and be left with a bunch that will be wasted.

on 4/11/2017 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is just an okay palette for me. Some of the colors are patchy and the "duo chromes" or whatever they are called are nothing special. Use your finger for pay off, or Fix+ or something.

I almost never reach for it. The ABH Modern Renaissance is so much more appealing.

The packaging is beautiful, though. Huge mirror.

Popular Eye Shadows