CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick

CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick
Chanel Healthy Glow Colour Sticks - No 22 & No 20Chanel Healthy Glow Colour Sticks (blended) - No 2

4.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ordered this in No. 24, which is a soft coral colour. I have fair (to medium, in the summer) skin with warm, yellow undertones, and it looks really pretty on.

The packaging, as always with Chanel, is impeccable and a real luxury to have in your makeup bag. It's very pricey, but there seems to be a fair amount of blush and you don't need much. I like to apply this by picking it up on my fingertips and patting it on. It spreads out evenly and looks very natural, like you're naturally flushed. It also lasts very well.

This product is perfect for women who like low maintenance routines, or just simply would rather sleep in than do makeup (don't we all)! When I'm being lazy, I just throw on Charlotte Tilbury's Healthy Glow, a little YSL Touche Eclat, and then this on top, and I look well-rested and like me but better.

on 4/3/2018 1:06:00 AM

i had longed for this forever but the price held me back prob is.... its the best blush i ever used! so finally when my cheap powder blush fell on the ground and broke (again) i thought.... am i really saving any money? nooooooo so i bought it!!!

this stick blush gives color while being undetectable. it looks like your own skin has the color. i got no 24 and it makes me look like i have tawny sun kissed skin and i never go in the sun.... ever. and you dont see blush, you see your skin. it blends super easy even over powder. but you just have to try it to understand. it makes you look.... beautiful, just excellent! i never got this from any blush or tanning powder before. this blush is in a league of its own. oh yes and since its cream if you drop it.... who cares! wont break!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got the pink (23) color. It went very well with my fair skin, blue eyes, dark blonde hair. I tend to stay with the pinks in the spring and summer. The number 23 is truly perfect for the spring and summer! The blush is heavily fragranced though. I really liked how it gave a very natural look. I have dry skin and appreciate anything that can give the dewy look per say. The packaging was not to great. It kept popping open in my makeup bag. I had to really jam it closed after each use going forward. That was kind of annoying. Despite the heavy fragrance and defective packaging, I fell in love with this blush. After about three or four weeks of using the blush, my cheeks started to break out in a rash. I have never had this happen before with a blush. I do have very sensitive skin but figured Chanel would be a high quality brand. After some elimination tests, I had to admit to myself that is what the cream blush causing the problems. I returned it to Nordstrom's and they where very good about letting me exchange it for a Chanel powder blush. I am willing to try a different Chanel cream blush in the future. I usually just love all their products.

on 6/25/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this today, with the CC cream. I already had blush on when I tried it on, but so far I love it. I am happy to hear it has staying power. I will update along with review for the CC cream in about a week. I got the Pink shade.
UPDATE: This is going back. I went to put it on this morning over my CC cream and it was nowhere near pigmented enough. I went back to the BB cream blush. Stilia may also be good, too bad Sephora here does not carry it anymore.

My first Chanel blush and also my first cream blush. I bought the pink (21) shade and it gives me a very natural flush. It is very easy to apply. Just one swipe across the cheek and blend out using either fingers or a synthetic brush. Just remember to apply after liquid foundation but before powdering. It won't work well if using powder foundation. You'll have trouble with the blending if applied over powdered skin. I don't have any problem with it's staying power.
The scent is a bit strong but Chanel tends to scent their makeup products so it's part of the experience if you want to use Chanel. I like that it is part of the permanent range. I may not repurchase purely because I do prefer to use powder blushes.

on 10/29/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

EDIT - 25/11/16: So I ended up getting the bronze one too, No. 20, and I am so impressed! It's more of a bronzed rose, very neutral undertones rather than warm, and it really delivers the 'healthy glow' so hats off, Chanel! I think No. 20 is going to be flattering on almost everybody because it's extremely buildable and neither warm nor cool. I love it. It has a bit of shimmer to it unlike No. 22 (which is a satiny matte) but although the shimmer looks quite obvious in the swatches I uploaded, it's not really detectable upon the face. It doesn't look at all frosty, just...healthy and glowy. A very rare case of ad copy actually delivering on its claims. Tempted to up this to 5 lippies but the same considerations detailed below still apply. So consider it a 4.75 for now or a solid A,

Review of No. 22:

If you feel like splashing out on a luxe, purse-friendly portable blush, the Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Colour Sticks are a really nice option. I bought this basically for that exact purpose and it works really well in that respect.

I have this in is No. 22 which is an apricot coral. It also comes in a tawny brown shade (No. 20) and a warm pink (No. 21). I'm partial to coral blushes so No. 22 was the obvious pick for me.
Now, for some reason, I expected this to be very sheer upon application but nope, this is definitely very pigmented. I discovered this the first time I used it when, after confidently whipping it out of my purse, I went to town scribbling it on my cheeks. Whoops. Ended up having to wipe off about half of it and still ended up looking like I'd run a half marathon. (Unfortunately this was documented in pictures.)

However poor application will make any product look bad and that first instance was definitely my own fault. I now use this (a lot) more sparingly and it gives me a lovely flush of colour which looks like it comes from underneath my skin rather than off the surface of it, if that makes sense. It's extremely natural looking - even if you do go a little overboard, the effect is more like the flush you'd get after a very strenuous workout, never clownish. There's no shimmer or glitter in this btw. It just adds a bit of subtle luminosity and the result is very fresh and youthful looking, 'English rose' if you will.

In terms of texture, this is one of the better (best probably) cream blushes I've tried. It has a pleasant slip to it (likely due to the silicones) which makes blending a breeze - all you need are your fingers, honest. It also doesn't set super quickly like a lot of other cream/gel blushes so you have plenty of time to sheer it out and blend it in seamlessly. Once it sets, it dries down to a smooth, essentially dry finish. By dry, I simply mean that it doesn't leave a tacky film or residue on your cheeks like other cream blushes tend to do. It's almost like a cream to powder product in that regard except it gives you the type of glow that a traditional powder blush can't.

Lasting power is fantastic. Again, this has not been my experience with cream blushes so I was very pleasantly surprised with this one. I've used this on hot summer days where I was practically melting (definitely sweating) but this somehow stays on perfectly intact. It wears really well in general, doesn't fade away across the course of the day, etc.

Since this is an on the go/travel product for me, I don't apply it with the rest of my makeup in the morning and so I can't say how well it works with foundation or powder. I generally keep my foundation pretty sheer or else use a tinted primer and I've never noticed this interfering with my base. I don't think this would work well if you applied it right after powdering but later on in the day, it goes on nicely over whatever remnants are left of the powder I dusted on in the morning.

Last of all, packaging. In general, the Chanel Les Beiges line has absolutely gorgeous packaging and this is no exception. It comes in a weighty black lacquered tube with two interlocking Cs on the top. The tube isn't as thick as the NARS multiples but feels considerably more substantial and luxurious. Also, it makes a very satisfying click when you snap it shut.

Would I rebuy this? Yeah, I probably would. This is a handbag staple for me along with the Les Beiges Healthy Glow sheer powder (which I use as a bronzer in n50). I chronically over sleep and getting ready in the morning is a mad dash just to even get out the door. This, especially in combination with the powder, take me from death warmed over to healthy human being in 2 minutes flat.

I'd give this four and a half lippies if possible but since I can't, I'm going to give it four, basically because I'm not sure how versatile this would be as an everyday morning routine type blush. This is a lovely luxury product but, for me, it's more of a 'nice to have' than a 'got to have' item.

Popular Blush Products