Clé de Peau Beauté 2016 Holiday Collection les Années Folles

Clé de Peau Beauté 2016 Holiday Collection les Années Folles
2016 Holiday Collection les Années Folles

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love it. Very blendable, nice colors. I rarely use the red and white, however. All the dark colors are gorgeous.

on 10/29/2016 9:41:00 AM

The color combination and the packaging look absolutely gorgeous, and I even had a chance to try them in the store. The SA did a burgundy smoky eye that sold me immediately. The shadows are all shimmers, but not metallic shimmer, so mature eyes can wear them well. The case can be reused so if you finish the quad (there are basically 2 quads housed in one palette), you can pop it out and put a new CDP quad or blush in its place. My issue is with the color payoff of some of the other shadows being less than impressive. I mean, at this price point (12,000 JPY) I have some pretty high expectations. The pigmentation is less than impressive with the gray and the green shades and the shadows have a lot of fallout and kick up a cloud when you dip the brush in the pan. This is my first eye shadow purchase from CDP and I am less than impressed. If I am going to splurge like this next time, it will be on a safer bet, like a Tom Ford eye shadow quad or a lipstick. This is disappointing to say the least.

UPDATE 10/30: This went back to the store. The SA wasn`t entirely surprised to receive my complaint, but since this is Japan, the country where people suffer in silence rather than confront, we had to talk about it quietly in a corner. In Japan it`s also unprecedented to return stuff, but they were kind enough to offer me store credit, so I will be using it to buy other CDP stuff that is actually worth the splurge.

Top Rated Eye Shadow