Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product! It makes my eyebrows look richer, darker, and fuller - but NATURAL. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

I find it really easy to apply with the weird little flat brush, and the colour 'deep brown' is perfect for my black (brown-black) hair.
It stays on, doesn't flake, and doesn't literally melt off my face when it gets wet like a certain other brow product did (cough cough, Rimmel 'brow this way' gel). This thing (pomade? gel? mascara?) has pretty decent hold, too, and I can shape my brows with the applicator on this alone.

I'm just so happy with this. Definitely give it a try.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really liked this product when I first tried it- it was a little challenging to use the giant brush, but it filled in the gaps nicely, made my brows look fuller without additional products, stayed put well. The color seemed nice- rather cool and natural (I bough this in dark brown). However... as the day went on, the color of the product started to change- it got warm and yellowish. I first though that maybe it reacted with the foundation, so tried it without any products around, and yup, this turns weird yellowish color after a few hours on wear on me. Such a shame. This could be so nice.
Back to essence's make me brow and nyx's brow cake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in soft brown; a very natural color (pale, dark blonde hair with highlights).
I don't get the applicator, a small spoolie would allow you to see what you're doing much better.
But if you scrape off excess product, this applies well and defines and plumps the brows well.
It tends to clump, but a fresh spoolie will solve that.

But by afternoon, the product clumps the hairs togethe, so instead a full brow, I have strips of clumped together hairs with a hint of color where the rest of the product used to be. Trying to comb that out just causes the stuff to flake off.
I'll keep using it on days I'm not concerned about lasting power, but otherwise, this is a fail for me.
It's a shame, because freshly done, this leaves my sparse brows looking healthy & groomed. Just no staying power.

on 2/14/2018 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an interesting product but I like it. It does a good job of filling in my brows but if you're not careful, it can get messy. I have it in deep brown, and it is a cool dark brown, which is perfect. A little goes a long way. I wouldn't consider this a brow gel like NYX's but it goes a decent job of taming the hairs. If I ever ran out, I'd repurchase.

on 10/7/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm somewhat surprised by the low ratings. I am loving this porduct. I bought it in 260-Deep Brown and its a real brown, not reddish brown. As you age, you lose the color and thinning in the brows. This makes mine look fuller without looking like they are "colored". Using the wand leaves a more natural effect, but I did shape my brows by combing through with a eyelash comb. The product didn't smear or wear off during the day. I used Pond's clothes to take it off. Easy peezy. Really great product it the need is as I noted above you might want to try this one.

on 8/27/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. It thickens brows and deposits a lot of colour. If you already have brows and just want to beef them up to make them thicker and more textured this is the product for you. I wish they had a lighter shade but the blonde does fine for me.

The teeth on the brush should be thicker as the liquid on it gets very messy and thick fast but other than than once you learn to use it it's great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Here's my question: Why does Maybelline hate us? And if they don't hate us, then why are they putting such terrible brushes on their otherwise decent brow products? I mean, the last one had a brush with a ball on the tip. A BALL! So attempting any kind of precision, which, incidentally is essential for brow definition, was all but impossible. And now THIS thing; a weird, flat...spatula with short...nubs; way too short to qualify as "bristles". It picks up too much product and if you use the pointy tip in an attempt at definition you have to go back and re-brush with a separate lash spoolie - at best. At worst you have to wash your entire face from at least the eyelids up. I really don't get it. The formula of this is ok. It might even be good-but because too much gets applied, it becomes messy: first smudgy then flakey.
I get it - they want to be different. But you don't see Mercedes coming out with square wheels. BECAUSE YOU CANNOT REINVENT THE WHEEL OR THE SPOOLIE. Get it together, Maybelline!

on 3/12/2017 5:08:00 AM

While the older-sister Maybelling Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara worked great for tidying up thick brows, Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer performs better at making the brows appear thicker, while filling and shaping the brows to appear defined but still natural. The wand uses a lip-shaped brush applicator instead of the bristle ball of the former brow mascara. The applicator makes it easier to shape thinner eyebrows than the one included with the older brow mascara, but overall this product doesn't fill the brow area all the way in. It still keeps brows looking fuller and natural. I feel that this brow mascara is water-resistant but it can be sweated off. It doesn't seem like it fully sets the way the older brow mascara does. But I like that it's easy to use and take with me on the go, with only a need for a mirror.

on 1/10/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

the wand is just too weirdly shaped and way too big and has little nubs on it (instead of bristles) and they dont do anything except make a mess. not precise in the least.
for shade, soft brown is way too warm for me (i normally use ash brown in nyx microbrow pencil). i prob should have gotten medium brown but it looked too dark.
there are a lot of fibres in this product. so much that i get overly bushy brows when i use this.
i use it once in a while just to use it up.. i apply the product to brows with a spare (clean) mascara wand.
im going to put this in my 2017 'project use-it-a-lot' to get rid of it but i might end up just tossing it.

on 11/5/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Confession - I bought this because I have recently fallen in love with Maybelline's Push Up Angel mascara which has a very similar shaped wand and I will tell you why. I am not one to roll a spoolie style wand through my eyelashes nor do I do this with my other brow mascaras so having a single sided comb style applicator is right up my alley. I am guilty of over plucking my brows back in high school and until I started using facial oils earlier this year they were always thin and sparse. Now my brows are fuller and do not require as much pencil or powder correction but I do like to keep them neat and therefore like to use a brow mascara type product. Love the cheap one by Essence because the wand is super small but I'm loving this Maybelline one even more. The applicator would not be suitable for those with thin or sparse brows but if you are looking for quick control or even finishing touches to your filled in/drawn on brows I recommend giving this a try. Like the Push Up Angel mascara, it might take some getting used to if you can't apply makeup with both hands equally. The formula is not too wet, doesn't feel clumpy and deposits just the right amount of fibres for a natural looking finish. My brows did not feel stiff and they stayed in place without any noticeable flaking.

Recommend - YES