Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.0

on 9/15/2018 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This product does a good job of volumizing my brows, but the brush is SO hard to use. It is flat and deposits product where I don't want it. I wish they would replace the brush with something similar to other brow products.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really liked this product when I first tried it- it was a little challenging to use the giant brush, but it filled in the gaps nicely, made my brows look fuller without additional products, stayed put well. The color seemed nice- rather cool and natural (I bough this in dark brown). However... as the day went on, the color of the product started to change- it got warm and yellowish. I first though that maybe it reacted with the foundation, so tried it without any products around, and yup, this turns weird yellowish color after a few hours on wear on me. Such a shame. This could be so nice.
Back to essence's make me brow and nyx's brow cake.

on 6/1/2018 1:30:00 PM

I am tossing this stuff. My eyebrow hairs are pale and I look best if I use both pencil and an eyebrow-mascara type of product. But not this one! It is hard to apply, and clumps up and then some of the clumps fall on my face or in my eyes while others are very difficult to remove. I recommend Gimme Brow by Benefit instead.

on 5/5/2018 4:01:00 AM

I like that this adds fibers to my sparse brows so much that it highlights any hairs that need to be tweezed.
I hate the applicator though. I cut it off at the top of cap and still use the cap to close it. I had an old Gimme Brow from Benefit brush and that works perfectly. I just have to wipe off after applying. This product is in fact very much like but doesn't dry out like the more expensive Gimme Brow. I have highlighted dark blonde hair and use soft brown and med. brown.

I wish I could like this. It does darken my light blonde brows and makes them seem thicker. However it is clumpy going on and there are visible clumps after it dries. I used the lightest color and it was a great match for blonde hair but I couldn't get past the clumps.

on 3/12/2017 5:08:00 AM

While the older-sister Maybelling Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara worked great for tidying up thick brows, Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer performs better at making the brows appear thicker, while filling and shaping the brows to appear defined but still natural. The wand uses a lip-shaped brush applicator instead of the bristle ball of the former brow mascara. The applicator makes it easier to shape thinner eyebrows than the one included with the older brow mascara, but overall this product doesn't fill the brow area all the way in. It still keeps brows looking fuller and natural. I feel that this brow mascara is water-resistant but it can be sweated off. It doesn't seem like it fully sets the way the older brow mascara does. But I like that it's easy to use and take with me on the go, with only a need for a mirror.

on 11/14/2016 11:36:00 AM

This product is great! It is competing in my favorite brow products (Anastasia brow gel and Hard Candy brow gel). When I first opened it, I was skeptical with its strange shape. However, this stuff WILL NOT BUDGE (I like my brows a bit unruly at the front and push the hairs in the opposite direction. Usually at the end of the day they fall back in its original place, but this product has hardcore hairspray powers). The tapered end of the wand allows you to really get a nice defined point at the ends of your eyebrows, which I like and have a hard time doing with my Anastasia brow gel. After it sets, which is rather quickly, It stays put all day and I did get the perfect amount of volume in my brows that I was looking for. My suggestion is that when taking out the wand from the bottle, you should wipe the tip of the wand on the side of the bottle because some product does clump a bit at the top and can blotch a giant dark spot on your brows. The formula does not make my brow hairs crusty, as has happened with other past brow gels I have tried. It also does not reflect another color when I'm in natural sunlight (looks dark brown, but in sunlight looks auburn, have a white cast, or even orange....*cringes at past experiences* Believe it or not, it has happened before and I've been asked if I dyed my eyebrows). I have tried the other Maybelline brow gel, the one with the strange ball-shaped wand. I thought the gel was alright but the shape of the wand was difficult to work with and I ended up giving it away to my sister who liked it. In my experience, a little goes a long way with this product and I will definitely repurchase when I run out! Go try it out if you need an affordable brow gel!

on 11/4/2016 7:13:00 AM

I tried to work with this for a few weeks to give it a fair chance, but yesterday I threw it in the trash so I'm not tempted to keep trying. I was able to get the knack of working with it for the most part after many attempts. My brows are fairly sparse, and while this builds on brows that you have, it looks odd on the barer areas. It looked a bit harsh and fake. I tried using various pencils, gels, etc with it to fill in my brows first. It just took too much work to get it to work, and I had too many days that I had to use makeup remover to take my brows off and rework them because of how awful my brows looked once I put this on. I didn't care for the applicator, I thought the shape made it hard to work with. But the worst part was that it flaked off all day. The little fibers fell off throughout the day,and I would look in the mirror to reapply lipstick and be horrified at what was going on with my brows.

Overall, just not a fan. It's not worth my time. It might be good for fuller brows.

Popular Brows Products