Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.5

This is one of the worst brow products I've tried in a long time!
I'm reviewing the shade Auburn. This shade looks somewhat auburn in the tube but really it's just a light brown color when swatched on the back of my hand, definitely not suited for a redhead imo.
When I applied this to my brows this instantly turned my brow hairs a very dark brown color, not the skin where I had applied a brow pencil to, just the hairs and no amount of combing through my brows with a spoolie was going to save them from the tragedy this crappy brow volumizer did to my brows. I had used Nyx Micro Brow Pencil before using this Brow Precise product, thinking adding some fibers to my brows may make my sparse brows look fuller, boy was I wrong.
So, I had to make my other brow look equally crappy cause brows are suppose to be sisters, right? So onto the other brow this godawful product went and it happily turned my brow hairs very dark brown so I had sh*tty looking brows all day because I didn't have time to fix them before leaving for work but at least they looked equally sh*tty and like sisters. Noway was one brow going to be the pretty sister and the other one was going to be the ugly one, today they were both equally ugly.
This has since been chucked into the trash bin. Wished I had saved the packaging and receipt to return it to the store.

I've been trying a lot of products lately that I didn't like, but this tops the cake. First the blonde is super dark! (these companies need to look up the definition of blonde) Very unnatural color. It went on in weird clumps & was hard to apply. The wand has tiny bristles, is oddly shaped, & hard to apply. And it made a few of my brow hairs fall out, I think from the wand, & I don't have many to spare. It looked super patchy, just patches everywhere, it looked very unnatural and fake. It was actually comical looking.
The fibers are coarse and hard compared to other fiber products, such as Benefit brow gel, & resemble beard hair more so than fibers. It's the worst brow product I've EVER used. It's turned me off to colored brow gels, I'll stick to clear brow gel.

on 1/16/2017 8:49:00 AM

This is really messy. The wand is so big that it is hard to place the product. I saw that in pictures but thought I'd be able to lightly stroke it on and then brush it through with a clean brush. But it dries too fast. With a really light hand, I wound up with really fake brows. You'd have to have a lot of patience to use this or like a very drawn-on brow look. And the colours are darker than you'd expect. I have dark brown hair and the soft brown was too dark for me. I threw this out after one use.

on 12/31/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked this the first time I used it, but nah. This is gross stuff. I don't know how to explain how strange this makes my eyebrows look. It also gets all over and looks like you highlighted your brows.

on 11/4/2016 7:13:00 AM

I tried to work with this for a few weeks to give it a fair chance, but yesterday I threw it in the trash so I'm not tempted to keep trying. I was able to get the knack of working with it for the most part after many attempts. My brows are fairly sparse, and while this builds on brows that you have, it looks odd on the barer areas. It looked a bit harsh and fake. I tried using various pencils, gels, etc with it to fill in my brows first. It just took too much work to get it to work, and I had too many days that I had to use makeup remover to take my brows off and rework them because of how awful my brows looked once I put this on. I didn't care for the applicator, I thought the shape made it hard to work with. But the worst part was that it flaked off all day. The little fibers fell off throughout the day,and I would look in the mirror to reapply lipstick and be horrified at what was going on with my brows.

Overall, just not a fan. It's not worth my time. It might be good for fuller brows.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really liked this product when I first tried it- it was a little challenging to use the giant brush, but it filled in the gaps nicely, made my brows look fuller without additional products, stayed put well. The color seemed nice- rather cool and natural (I bough this in dark brown). However... as the day went on, the color of the product started to change- it got warm and yellowish. I first though that maybe it reacted with the foundation, so tried it without any products around, and yup, this turns weird yellowish color after a few hours on wear on me. Such a shame. This could be so nice.
Back to essence's make me brow and nyx's brow cake.

on 6/1/2018 1:30:00 PM

I am tossing this stuff. My eyebrow hairs are pale and I look best if I use both pencil and an eyebrow-mascara type of product. But not this one! It is hard to apply, and clumps up and then some of the clumps fall on my face or in my eyes while others are very difficult to remove. I recommend Gimme Brow by Benefit instead.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in soft brown; a very natural color (pale, dark blonde hair with highlights).
I don't get the applicator, a small spoolie would allow you to see what you're doing much better.
But if you scrape off excess product, this applies well and defines and plumps the brows well.
It tends to clump, but a fresh spoolie will solve that.

But by afternoon, the product clumps the hairs togethe, so instead a full brow, I have strips of clumped together hairs with a hint of color where the rest of the product used to be. Trying to comb that out just causes the stuff to flake off.
I'll keep using it on days I'm not concerned about lasting power, but otherwise, this is a fail for me.
It's a shame, because freshly done, this leaves my sparse brows looking healthy & groomed. Just no staying power.

I wish I could like this. It does darken my light blonde brows and makes them seem thicker. However it is clumpy going on and there are visible clumps after it dries. I used the lightest color and it was a great match for blonde hair but I couldn't get past the clumps.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this thinking it could be a good replacement for Boy Brow by Glossier and it's honestly terrible. The applicator is weird and doesn't work well, it just smudges product everywhere and the color is 'off'. This gives a very 'cheap' and unnatural look. I'll use up the tube but I'm going back to Glossier.

Popular Brows Products