Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Here's my question: Why does Maybelline hate us? And if they don't hate us, then why are they putting such terrible brushes on their otherwise decent brow products? I mean, the last one had a brush with a ball on the tip. A BALL! So attempting any kind of precision, which, incidentally is essential for brow definition, was all but impossible. And now THIS thing; a weird, flat...spatula with short...nubs; way too short to qualify as "bristles". It picks up too much product and if you use the pointy tip in an attempt at definition you have to go back and re-brush with a separate lash spoolie - at best. At worst you have to wash your entire face from at least the eyelids up. I really don't get it. The formula of this is ok. It might even be good-but because too much gets applied, it becomes messy: first smudgy then flakey.
I get it - they want to be different. But you don't see Mercedes coming out with square wheels. BECAUSE YOU CANNOT REINVENT THE WHEEL OR THE SPOOLIE. Get it together, Maybelline!

on 11/5/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Confession - I bought this because I have recently fallen in love with Maybelline's Push Up Angel mascara which has a very similar shaped wand and I will tell you why. I am not one to roll a spoolie style wand through my eyelashes nor do I do this with my other brow mascaras so having a single sided comb style applicator is right up my alley. I am guilty of over plucking my brows back in high school and until I started using facial oils earlier this year they were always thin and sparse. Now my brows are fuller and do not require as much pencil or powder correction but I do like to keep them neat and therefore like to use a brow mascara type product. Love the cheap one by Essence because the wand is super small but I'm loving this Maybelline one even more. The applicator would not be suitable for those with thin or sparse brows but if you are looking for quick control or even finishing touches to your filled in/drawn on brows I recommend giving this a try. Like the Push Up Angel mascara, it might take some getting used to if you can't apply makeup with both hands equally. The formula is not too wet, doesn't feel clumpy and deposits just the right amount of fibres for a natural looking finish. My brows did not feel stiff and they stayed in place without any noticeable flaking.

Recommend - YES
Repurchase - YES

on 11/4/2016 7:13:00 AM

I tried to work with this for a few weeks to give it a fair chance, but yesterday I threw it in the trash so I'm not tempted to keep trying. I was able to get the knack of working with it for the most part after many attempts. My brows are fairly sparse, and while this builds on brows that you have, it looks odd on the barer areas. It looked a bit harsh and fake. I tried using various pencils, gels, etc with it to fill in my brows first. It just took too much work to get it to work, and I had too many days that I had to use makeup remover to take my brows off and rework them because of how awful my brows looked once I put this on. I didn't care for the applicator, I thought the shape made it hard to work with. But the worst part was that it flaked off all day. The little fibers fell off throughout the day,and I would look in the mirror to reapply lipstick and be horrified at what was going on with my brows.

Overall, just not a fan. It's not worth my time. It might be good for fuller brows.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Can't live without it!!! I will forever buy this and if it ever was discontinued, I'd stock up. It makes an ordinary brow just pop!!! I don't even need liner with this!

My usual eyebrow routine is:
1. I line my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. I go lightly in the middle and darker at the ends. This pencil is great for building up the right shade and the consistency makes it very easy to apply. The pencil is matte.

2. I apply this AMAZING brow mascara on top. I sometimes do two layers if I want a really strong brow. The brows stay in place all day and they have a lovely fullness. As if this wasn't enough, it also has a slight shine that makes the brows look natural again!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LIVE LOVE THIS <3

Maybelline has really stepped up their game in providing some very good, relatively inexpensive brow products lately. This one has a special wand designed to load the product onto the brows. I find that this brow mascara is superb in quickly covering the very stubborn grey hairs while blending in and defining the rest of the brow hair. I've tried pencils and powders and those don't work without a lot of fixative (wax) and they also take a lot of time to apply, with fallout a common occurrence. I have a lot of brow hair still, but those wiry grey ones are taking over now, and the price of getting them dyed and maintaining that effect is getting steep. This is a wonderful new product, fast and easy to use (I am blonde but find that the light brown is best for definition for me) and I'll keep backups.

on 6/27/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Do not be scared of the brush! It is really good at sweeping up eyebrow hairs. This does have fibers in it but they stay in place and do not end up all over your face. The fibers also help brows appear fuller with just this alone. It gives the illusion of more hairs. Paired with another brow product (pomade or pencil) the brows look more natural and fluffier. Great product for sparse or full brows!

I've been trying a lot of products lately that I didn't like, but this tops the cake. First the blonde is super dark! (these companies need to look up the definition of blonde) Very unnatural color. It went on in weird clumps & was hard to apply. The wand has tiny bristles, is oddly shaped, & hard to apply. And it made a few of my brow hairs fall out, I think from the wand, & I don't have many to spare. It looked super patchy, just patches everywhere, it looked very unnatural and fake. It was actually comical looking.
The fibers are coarse and hard compared to other fiber products, such as Benefit brow gel, & resemble beard hair more so than fibers. It's the worst brow product I've EVER used. It's turned me off to colored brow gels, I'll stick to clear brow gel.

on 11/14/2016 11:36:00 AM

This product is great! It is competing in my favorite brow products (Anastasia brow gel and Hard Candy brow gel). When I first opened it, I was skeptical with its strange shape. However, this stuff WILL NOT BUDGE (I like my brows a bit unruly at the front and push the hairs in the opposite direction. Usually at the end of the day they fall back in its original place, but this product has hardcore hairspray powers). The tapered end of the wand allows you to really get a nice defined point at the ends of your eyebrows, which I like and have a hard time doing with my Anastasia brow gel. After it sets, which is rather quickly, It stays put all day and I did get the perfect amount of volume in my brows that I was looking for. My suggestion is that when taking out the wand from the bottle, you should wipe the tip of the wand on the side of the bottle because some product does clump a bit at the top and can blotch a giant dark spot on your brows. The formula does not make my brow hairs crusty, as has happened with other past brow gels I have tried. It also does not reflect another color when I'm in natural sunlight (looks dark brown, but in sunlight looks auburn, have a white cast, or even orange....*cringes at past experiences* Believe it or not, it has happened before and I've been asked if I dyed my eyebrows). I have tried the other Maybelline brow gel, the one with the strange ball-shaped wand. I thought the gel was alright but the shape of the wand was difficult to work with and I ended up giving it away to my sister who liked it. In my experience, a little goes a long way with this product and I will definitely repurchase when I run out! Go try it out if you need an affordable brow gel!

on 6/1/2018 1:30:00 PM

I am tossing this stuff. My eyebrow hairs are pale and I look best if I use both pencil and an eyebrow-mascara type of product. But not this one! It is hard to apply, and clumps up and then some of the clumps fall on my face or in my eyes while others are very difficult to remove. I recommend Gimme Brow by Benefit instead.

on 10/7/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm somewhat surprised by the low ratings. I am loving this porduct. I bought it in 260-Deep Brown and its a real brown, not reddish brown. As you age, you lose the color and thinning in the brows. This makes mine look fuller without looking like they are "colored". Using the wand leaves a more natural effect, but I did shape my brows by combing through with a eyelash comb. The product didn't smear or wear off during the day. I used Pond's clothes to take it off. Easy peezy. Really great product it the need is as I noted above you might want to try this one.

Popular Brows Products