Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.5

Maybelline has really stepped up their game in providing some very good, relatively inexpensive brow products lately. This one has a special wand designed to load the product onto the brows. I find that this brow mascara is superb in quickly covering the very stubborn grey hairs while blending in and defining the rest of the brow hair. I've tried pencils and powders and those don't work without a lot of fixative (wax) and they also take a lot of time to apply, with fallout a common occurrence. I have a lot of brow hair still, but those wiry grey ones are taking over now, and the price of getting them dyed and maintaining that effect is getting steep. This is a wonderful new product, fast and easy to use (I am blonde but find that the light brown is best for definition for me) and I'll keep backups.

on 11/4/2016 7:13:00 AM

I tried to work with this for a few weeks to give it a fair chance, but yesterday I threw it in the trash so I'm not tempted to keep trying. I was able to get the knack of working with it for the most part after many attempts. My brows are fairly sparse, and while this builds on brows that you have, it looks odd on the barer areas. It looked a bit harsh and fake. I tried using various pencils, gels, etc with it to fill in my brows first. It just took too much work to get it to work, and I had too many days that I had to use makeup remover to take my brows off and rework them because of how awful my brows looked once I put this on. I didn't care for the applicator, I thought the shape made it hard to work with. But the worst part was that it flaked off all day. The little fibers fell off throughout the day,and I would look in the mirror to reapply lipstick and be horrified at what was going on with my brows.

Overall, just not a fan. It's not worth my time. It might be good for fuller brows.

on 11/5/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Confession - I bought this because I have recently fallen in love with Maybelline's Push Up Angel mascara which has a very similar shaped wand and I will tell you why. I am not one to roll a spoolie style wand through my eyelashes nor do I do this with my other brow mascaras so having a single sided comb style applicator is right up my alley. I am guilty of over plucking my brows back in high school and until I started using facial oils earlier this year they were always thin and sparse. Now my brows are fuller and do not require as much pencil or powder correction but I do like to keep them neat and therefore like to use a brow mascara type product. Love the cheap one by Essence because the wand is super small but I'm loving this Maybelline one even more. The applicator would not be suitable for those with thin or sparse brows but if you are looking for quick control or even finishing touches to your filled in/drawn on brows I recommend giving this a try. Like the Push Up Angel mascara, it might take some getting used to if you can't apply makeup with both hands equally. The formula is not too wet, doesn't feel clumpy and deposits just the right amount of fibres for a natural looking finish. My brows did not feel stiff and they stayed in place without any noticeable flaking.

Recommend - YES
Repurchase - YES

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love it! I first tarte brow powder to thicken my sparse brows. Then I use this to hold everything in place. Looks great. Easy to use. Will definitely stock up on this!

on 11/14/2016 11:36:00 AM

This product is great! It is competing in my favorite brow products (Anastasia brow gel and Hard Candy brow gel). When I first opened it, I was skeptical with its strange shape. However, this stuff WILL NOT BUDGE (I like my brows a bit unruly at the front and push the hairs in the opposite direction. Usually at the end of the day they fall back in its original place, but this product has hardcore hairspray powers). The tapered end of the wand allows you to really get a nice defined point at the ends of your eyebrows, which I like and have a hard time doing with my Anastasia brow gel. After it sets, which is rather quickly, It stays put all day and I did get the perfect amount of volume in my brows that I was looking for. My suggestion is that when taking out the wand from the bottle, you should wipe the tip of the wand on the side of the bottle because some product does clump a bit at the top and can blotch a giant dark spot on your brows. The formula does not make my brow hairs crusty, as has happened with other past brow gels I have tried. It also does not reflect another color when I'm in natural sunlight (looks dark brown, but in sunlight looks auburn, have a white cast, or even orange....*cringes at past experiences* Believe it or not, it has happened before and I've been asked if I dyed my eyebrows). I have tried the other Maybelline brow gel, the one with the strange ball-shaped wand. I thought the gel was alright but the shape of the wand was difficult to work with and I ended up giving it away to my sister who liked it. In my experience, a little goes a long way with this product and I will definitely repurchase when I run out! Go try it out if you need an affordable brow gel!

on 12/31/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked this the first time I used it, but nah. This is gross stuff. I don't know how to explain how strange this makes my eyebrows look. It also gets all over and looks like you highlighted your brows.

on 1/2/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great for keeping your brows in place and adding natural looking volume (well, from a reasonable distance).

It's a little gummy -- the product is the same as what they use in their other similar products -- but instead of a spoolie, it's some kind of flat tapered comb. It really works and gives you much better control than a regular spoolie.

I use it over the Brow Define and Fill Duo (both in blond). They do different things, so together the look works really well.

on 1/10/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

the wand is just too weirdly shaped and way too big and has little nubs on it (instead of bristles) and they dont do anything except make a mess. not precise in the least.
for shade, soft brown is way too warm for me (i normally use ash brown in nyx microbrow pencil). i prob should have gotten medium brown but it looked too dark.
there are a lot of fibres in this product. so much that i get overly bushy brows when i use this.
i use it once in a while just to use it up.. i apply the product to brows with a spare (clean) mascara wand.
im going to put this in my 2017 'project use-it-a-lot' to get rid of it but i might end up just tossing it.

on 1/16/2017 8:49:00 AM

This is really messy. The wand is so big that it is hard to place the product. I saw that in pictures but thought I'd be able to lightly stroke it on and then brush it through with a clean brush. But it dries too fast. With a really light hand, I wound up with really fake brows. You'd have to have a lot of patience to use this or like a very drawn-on brow look. And the colours are darker than you'd expect. I have dark brown hair and the soft brown was too dark for me. I threw this out after one use.

on 3/12/2017 5:08:00 AM

While the older-sister Maybelling Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara worked great for tidying up thick brows, Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer performs better at making the brows appear thicker, while filling and shaping the brows to appear defined but still natural. The wand uses a lip-shaped brush applicator instead of the bristle ball of the former brow mascara. The applicator makes it easier to shape thinner eyebrows than the one included with the older brow mascara, but overall this product doesn't fill the brow area all the way in. It still keeps brows looking fuller and natural. I feel that this brow mascara is water-resistant but it can be sweated off. It doesn't seem like it fully sets the way the older brow mascara does. But I like that it's easy to use and take with me on the go, with only a need for a mirror.

Popular Brows Products