Maybelline Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Maybelline Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.3

This is one of the worst brow products I've tried in a long time!
I'm reviewing the shade Auburn. This shade looks somewhat auburn in the tube but really it's just a light brown color when swatched on the back of my hand, definitely not suited for a redhead imo.
When I applied this to my brows this instantly turned my brow hairs a very dark brown color, not the skin where I had applied a brow pencil to, just the hairs and no amount of combing through my brows with a spoolie was going to save them from the tragedy this crappy brow volumizer did to my brows. I had used Nyx Micro Brow Pencil before using this Brow Precise product, thinking adding some fibers to my brows may make my sparse brows look fuller, boy was I wrong.
So, I had to make my other brow look equally crappy cause brows are suppose to be sisters, right? So onto the other brow this godawful product went and it happily turned my brow hairs very dark brown so I had sh*tty looking brows all day because I didn't have time to fix them before leaving for work but at least they looked equally sh*tty and like sisters. Noway was one brow going to be the pretty sister and the other one was going to be the ugly one, today they were both equally ugly.
This has since been chucked into the trash bin. Wished I had saved the packaging and receipt to return it to the store.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in soft brown; a very natural color (pale, dark blonde hair with highlights).
I don't get the applicator, a small spoolie would allow you to see what you're doing much better.
But if you scrape off excess product, this applies well and defines and plumps the brows well.
It tends to clump, but a fresh spoolie will solve that.

But by afternoon, the product clumps the hairs togethe, so instead a full brow, I have strips of clumped together hairs with a hint of color where the rest of the product used to be. Trying to comb that out just causes the stuff to flake off.
I'll keep using it on days I'm not concerned about lasting power, but otherwise, this is a fail for me.
It's a shame, because freshly done, this leaves my sparse brows looking healthy & groomed. Just no staying power.

on 2/14/2018 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an interesting product but I like it. It does a good job of filling in my brows but if you're not careful, it can get messy. I have it in deep brown, and it is a cool dark brown, which is perfect. A little goes a long way. I wouldn't consider this a brow gel like NYX's but it goes a decent job of taming the hairs. If I ever ran out, I'd repurchase.

on 1/22/2018 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the better brow gels I've used from the drugstore. It does a good job adding color and fibers to the brows. I actually like the brush since it combs through each hair and gives off a feathery look but it is long and can get on the skin when applying. When looking at the brow up close, it does seem to have a highlighted effect in the hair sense in that it has a slight sheen, but it is only noticeable VERY up close. Overall, I do really like this product and would buy it again, my main love with it is that it provides a natural but more pronounced and feathery brow. I hope they come out with more shades though.

on 12/1/2017 12:36:00 AM

HG brow product. I can use this without pomade or powder/pencil, and my brows look so full and volumized! If you have medium to thick brows this will help you achieve that coveted Cara Delavigne/Lily Collins look, and I'm sure it would spruce up sparse brow just as well. Super natural and I never fail to get complimented on how full and "natural" my brows look.

Creates just enough separation between hairs yet lengthens them to achieve that runway, no-product look. very editorial. If this ever gets DC'ed, I will buy 20 of these and save them lol. I'd never think to use a fiber product on my brows but it's ingenious. The brush is amazing and despite the complaints I've read, never makes my hairs clumpy, in fact I've tried using similar formulas with a regular mascara brush and those cause way more clumping in comparison. Maybelline has a winner here.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This stuff is wonderful!!! I saw it on a you tube video and decided to give it a try. I wanted soft brown but they were out so I went with blonde. I have pretty ok brows but I wanted a brow product to shape them a little better. This has really amazing hold. It looks natural, giving definition to the hairs. The blonde shade works great for my natural red hair. I have experienced no flakiness like other reviewers have mentioned. I even love the wacky applicator, it makes it so you apply just the right amount where you want it. I have no complaints and will definitely repurchase. This is the most innovative and amazing product I have ever found in the drugstore. I tried the soft brown shade and it was waaaaay too dark, like burt and ernie dark. but I do like the blonde.

on 10/7/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm somewhat surprised by the low ratings. I am loving this porduct. I bought it in 260-Deep Brown and its a real brown, not reddish brown. As you age, you lose the color and thinning in the brows. This makes mine look fuller without looking like they are "colored". Using the wand leaves a more natural effect, but I did shape my brows by combing through with a eyelash comb. The product didn't smear or wear off during the day. I used Pond's clothes to take it off. Easy peezy. Really great product it the need is as I noted above you might want to try this one.

I wish I could like this. It does darken my light blonde brows and makes them seem thicker. However it is clumpy going on and there are visible clumps after it dries. I used the lightest color and it was a great match for blonde hair but I couldn't get past the clumps.

on 8/27/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. It thickens brows and deposits a lot of colour. If you already have brows and just want to beef them up to make them thicker and more textured this is the product for you. I wish they had a lighter shade but the blonde does fine for me.

The teeth on the brush should be thicker as the liquid on it gets very messy and thick fast but other than than once you learn to use it it's great.

on 6/27/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Do not be scared of the brush! It is really good at sweeping up eyebrow hairs. This does have fibers in it but they stay in place and do not end up all over your face. The fibers also help brows appear fuller with just this alone. It gives the illusion of more hairs. Paired with another brow product (pomade or pencil) the brows look more natural and fluffier. Great product for sparse or full brows!

Popular Brows Products