Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.5

on 1/20/2019 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't have the world's thinnest or thickest brows, but 8 years ago my brows had VOLUME. I got this product though because I want to make them look more volumized. I don't want insta-brows or anything too perfected, I just want my brows to look fuller, even if they look messy because I already have a bit of shape to them. IME, if your brows already have a decent shape or well defined shape, you don't need to do that much to them for them to look good, like this product.

PROS: It looks really natural. Even though it is a fiber product, it looks more like a brow tint. Whatever fibers are present, you can't see them one bit. I also think it's one of the few products that I think look better the more you build it up, instead of looking like makeup or fake. It also is extremely long wearing - I've had this on for well over 24 hours (yes, I slept in it) and it looks exactly the same. No crumble, smear off, nothing. It's not very difficult to remove either. And the brush also doesn't pick up tons of product or need to be wiped off or create clumps or any weirdness. It looks like nothing special, just some design with dinky ass short bristles, but it truly works well.

CONS: The first time I used it, I was ready to return it. The only reason I didn't was because Walmart didn't have the shade down and I wasn't in the mood to go to a ton of stores, so I thought I'd give the product a try and see if it was good, even though the color was off. I have this in dark brown and although I have dark brown hair, it's not black. I have natural highlights in my hair and brow hair too from when you're a child that makes them more dimensional looking without being obvious. This is why I often go for dark brown of softer blacks (if I had to choose black) when using mascara products, they are not stark or harsh looking compared to black. The dark brown in this fiber mascara might as well be black and yes, it comes off as stark or unnatural. The first moment I applied it, it's like "what have I done?" because it appeared kind of "inky" too, like just ink like or not matte though. It dries down a bit less shiny after, but you can kind of tell I'm wearing this, even though it is natural looking in the sense that you can't really directly see it.

OVERALL: This product is really a 4 or 4.5 to me but I'm giving it a 5 because of everything combined. It's cheap, it's easy to use (just short swipes and build it up), it looks natural, and it stays on forever. I'll use this tube up and drop down to the medium brown shade because the dark brown is really a soft-er black is "woah" on me right now, so I'm trying to go in with a lighter hand.

on 1/12/2019 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only product I use to shape my brows and to keep them in place. It makes them look darker, fuller and natural at the same time. I have dark brown hair and the color medium brow is perfect for me. The package lasts a very long time for me, so its very good value for the amount you pay.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product! It makes my eyebrows look richer, darker, and fuller - but NATURAL. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

I find it really easy to apply with the weird little flat brush, and the colour 'deep brown' is perfect for my black (brown-black) hair.
It stays on, doesn't flake, and doesn't literally melt off my face when it gets wet like a certain other brow product did (cough cough, Rimmel 'brow this way' gel). This thing (pomade? gel? mascara?) has pretty decent hold, too, and I can shape my brows with the applicator on this alone.

I'm just so happy with this. Definitely give it a try.

on 9/15/2018 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This product does a good job of volumizing my brows, but the brush is SO hard to use. It is flat and deposits product where I don't want it. I wish they would replace the brush with something similar to other brow products.

on 7/14/2018 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like how this makes my brow hairs look thicker. I can use this alone during my lazy days and it would still make my brows filled in. However, there are TINY GLITTERS on it when you reaaaally look closely, which makes the eyebrows look “wet”

on 6/30/2018 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this other day not thinking much. I really enjoy using this and works really well. This really does add volume and set my brows.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really liked this product when I first tried it- it was a little challenging to use the giant brush, but it filled in the gaps nicely, made my brows look fuller without additional products, stayed put well. The color seemed nice- rather cool and natural (I bough this in dark brown). However... as the day went on, the color of the product started to change- it got warm and yellowish. I first though that maybe it reacted with the foundation, so tried it without any products around, and yup, this turns weird yellowish color after a few hours on wear on me. Such a shame. This could be so nice.
Back to essence's make me brow and nyx's brow cake.

on 6/1/2018 1:30:00 PM

I am tossing this stuff. My eyebrow hairs are pale and I look best if I use both pencil and an eyebrow-mascara type of product. But not this one! It is hard to apply, and clumps up and then some of the clumps fall on my face or in my eyes while others are very difficult to remove. I recommend Gimme Brow by Benefit instead.

on 5/5/2018 10:40:00 AM

I love this product so much! The color selection is good, it makes my brows look fuller and thicker and keeps them in place. I’ll never go back to dip brow etc.. this stuff rocks!

on 5/5/2018 4:01:00 AM

I like that this adds fibers to my sparse brows so much that it highlights any hairs that need to be tweezed.
I hate the applicator though. I cut it off at the top of cap and still use the cap to close it. I had an old Gimme Brow from Benefit brush and that works perfectly. I just have to wipe off after applying. This product is in fact very much like but doesn't dry out like the more expensive Gimme Brow. I have highlighted dark blonde hair and use soft brown and med. brown.

Popular Brows Products