Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.5

on 5/5/2018 10:40:00 AM

I love this product so much! The color selection is good, it makes my brows look fuller and thicker and keeps them in place. I’ll never go back to dip brow etc.. this stuff rocks!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in soft brown; a very natural color (pale, dark blonde hair with highlights).
I don't get the applicator, a small spoolie would allow you to see what you're doing much better.
But if you scrape off excess product, this applies well and defines and plumps the brows well.
It tends to clump, but a fresh spoolie will solve that.

But by afternoon, the product clumps the hairs togethe, so instead a full brow, I have strips of clumped together hairs with a hint of color where the rest of the product used to be. Trying to comb that out just causes the stuff to flake off.
I'll keep using it on days I'm not concerned about lasting power, but otherwise, this is a fail for me.
It's a shame, because freshly done, this leaves my sparse brows looking healthy & groomed. Just no staying power.

on 2/14/2018 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an interesting product but I like it. It does a good job of filling in my brows but if you're not careful, it can get messy. I have it in deep brown, and it is a cool dark brown, which is perfect. A little goes a long way. I wouldn't consider this a brow gel like NYX's but it goes a decent job of taming the hairs. If I ever ran out, I'd repurchase.

on 10/7/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm somewhat surprised by the low ratings. I am loving this porduct. I bought it in 260-Deep Brown and its a real brown, not reddish brown. As you age, you lose the color and thinning in the brows. This makes mine look fuller without looking like they are "colored". Using the wand leaves a more natural effect, but I did shape my brows by combing through with a eyelash comb. The product didn't smear or wear off during the day. I used Pond's clothes to take it off. Easy peezy. Really great product it the need is as I noted above you might want to try this one.

I wish I could like this. It does darken my light blonde brows and makes them seem thicker. However it is clumpy going on and there are visible clumps after it dries. I used the lightest color and it was a great match for blonde hair but I couldn't get past the clumps.

on 1/10/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

the wand is just too weirdly shaped and way too big and has little nubs on it (instead of bristles) and they dont do anything except make a mess. not precise in the least.
for shade, soft brown is way too warm for me (i normally use ash brown in nyx microbrow pencil). i prob should have gotten medium brown but it looked too dark.
there are a lot of fibres in this product. so much that i get overly bushy brows when i use this.
i use it once in a while just to use it up.. i apply the product to brows with a spare (clean) mascara wand.
im going to put this in my 2017 'project use-it-a-lot' to get rid of it but i might end up just tossing it.

on 1/2/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great for keeping your brows in place and adding natural looking volume (well, from a reasonable distance).

It's a little gummy -- the product is the same as what they use in their other similar products -- but instead of a spoolie, it's some kind of flat tapered comb. It really works and gives you much better control than a regular spoolie.

I use it over the Brow Define and Fill Duo (both in blond). They do different things, so together the look works really well.

on 11/5/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Confession - I bought this because I have recently fallen in love with Maybelline's Push Up Angel mascara which has a very similar shaped wand and I will tell you why. I am not one to roll a spoolie style wand through my eyelashes nor do I do this with my other brow mascaras so having a single sided comb style applicator is right up my alley. I am guilty of over plucking my brows back in high school and until I started using facial oils earlier this year they were always thin and sparse. Now my brows are fuller and do not require as much pencil or powder correction but I do like to keep them neat and therefore like to use a brow mascara type product. Love the cheap one by Essence because the wand is super small but I'm loving this Maybelline one even more. The applicator would not be suitable for those with thin or sparse brows but if you are looking for quick control or even finishing touches to your filled in/drawn on brows I recommend giving this a try. Like the Push Up Angel mascara, it might take some getting used to if you can't apply makeup with both hands equally. The formula is not too wet, doesn't feel clumpy and deposits just the right amount of fibres for a natural looking finish. My brows did not feel stiff and they stayed in place without any noticeable flaking.

Recommend - YES
Repurchase - YES

on 11/4/2016 7:13:00 AM

I tried to work with this for a few weeks to give it a fair chance, but yesterday I threw it in the trash so I'm not tempted to keep trying. I was able to get the knack of working with it for the most part after many attempts. My brows are fairly sparse, and while this builds on brows that you have, it looks odd on the barer areas. It looked a bit harsh and fake. I tried using various pencils, gels, etc with it to fill in my brows first. It just took too much work to get it to work, and I had too many days that I had to use makeup remover to take my brows off and rework them because of how awful my brows looked once I put this on. I didn't care for the applicator, I thought the shape made it hard to work with. But the worst part was that it flaked off all day. The little fibers fell off throughout the day,and I would look in the mirror to reapply lipstick and be horrified at what was going on with my brows.

Overall, just not a fan. It's not worth my time. It might be good for fuller brows.

Maybelline has really stepped up their game in providing some very good, relatively inexpensive brow products lately. This one has a special wand designed to load the product onto the brows. I find that this brow mascara is superb in quickly covering the very stubborn grey hairs while blending in and defining the rest of the brow hair. I've tried pencils and powders and those don't work without a lot of fixative (wax) and they also take a lot of time to apply, with fallout a common occurrence. I have a lot of brow hair still, but those wiry grey ones are taking over now, and the price of getting them dyed and maintaining that effect is getting steep. This is a wonderful new product, fast and easy to use (I am blonde but find that the light brown is best for definition for me) and I'll keep backups.

Popular Brows Products