Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Filtered by age: 36-43
Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

2.7

This is one of the worst brow products I've tried in a long time!
I'm reviewing the shade Auburn. This shade looks somewhat auburn in the tube but really it's just a light brown color when swatched on the back of my hand, definitely not suited for a redhead imo.
When I applied this to my brows this instantly turned my brow hairs a very dark brown color, not the skin where I had applied a brow pencil to, just the hairs and no amount of combing through my brows with a spoolie was going to save them from the tragedy this crappy brow volumizer did to my brows. I had used Nyx Micro Brow Pencil before using this Brow Precise product, thinking adding some fibers to my brows may make my sparse brows look fuller, boy was I wrong.
So, I had to make my other brow look equally crappy cause brows are suppose to be sisters, right? So onto the other brow this godawful product went and it happily turned my brow hairs very dark brown so I had sh*tty looking brows all day because I didn't have time to fix them before leaving for work but at least they looked equally sh*tty and like sisters. Noway was one brow going to be the pretty sister and the other one was going to be the ugly one, today they were both equally ugly.
This has since been chucked into the trash bin. Wished I had saved the packaging and receipt to return it to the store.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Here's my question: Why does Maybelline hate us? And if they don't hate us, then why are they putting such terrible brushes on their otherwise decent brow products? I mean, the last one had a brush with a ball on the tip. A BALL! So attempting any kind of precision, which, incidentally is essential for brow definition, was all but impossible. And now THIS thing; a weird, flat...spatula with short...nubs; way too short to qualify as "bristles". It picks up too much product and if you use the pointy tip in an attempt at definition you have to go back and re-brush with a separate lash spoolie - at best. At worst you have to wash your entire face from at least the eyelids up. I really don't get it. The formula of this is ok. It might even be good-but because too much gets applied, it becomes messy: first smudgy then flakey.
I get it - they want to be different. But you don't see Mercedes coming out with square wheels. BECAUSE YOU CANNOT REINVENT THE WHEEL OR THE SPOOLIE. Get it together, Maybelline!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love it! I first tarte brow powder to thicken my sparse brows. Then I use this to hold everything in place. Looks great. Easy to use. Will definitely stock up on this!

Popular Brows Products