Revlon Kiss Lip Balm SPF 20

Revlon Kiss Lip Balm SPF 20
Kiss Lip Balm SPF 20

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I bought the one in tropical summer. This product is very useful for the spf 20 protection it provides. However, it does get a bit drying so I'd carry another balm to help with that if you plan on using this over several hours in the day. The smell is fantastic and isn't off-putting. If you're looking for some lip protection from the sun, this is for you!!

on 3/4/2018 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in the strawberry shade and I love it! It makes my lips feel smooth and it gives a nice sheer wash of color. I have been wearing less makeup in general so I find myself reaching for this balm quite a bit.

on 3/4/2018 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A Shade of Strawberry Sweetness

Pink, flirty, and sweet. Revlon’s new Kiss Balm is everything one wants in a lip balm. Coming in an array of six shades ranging from a pale pink to a dark magenta, this lip balm is infused with natural fruit oils leaving, lips feeling hydrated and noticeably softer. A fresh fruit aroma is left on the lips immediately after application too!

I purchased this lip balm at Walmart for $3.74 in the shade fresh strawberry. The packaging itself is simple and easy to use, apply, and store. The tube is small enough for any purse and great for being on the go. The tube color coordinates with the shade and overall scent of the lip balm. So, mine came in a hot pink color.

The lip product itself is shaped like a dome for easy roll-on application. The tube twists at the bottom to push out more of the product like any other Chapstick or lipstick. I swatched on my arm to see its tint against my skin tone and to feel the overall texture. It's not sticky at all and feels smooth. The color left on my arm was a sheer medium pink. I was able to immediately smell the strawberry scent as well.

After testing it out on my arm, I applied it on my lips. I was immediately able to see the tint of color on my lips. The color left on my lips looked almost identical to the swatch on my arm. I was glad that the color wasn't too overwhelming as some lip balms seem to leave too much of a pigmented matte finish. My lips felt hydrated and noticeably softer than before. During these winter months, chapped lips are common and a nuisance. So, I was glad I found a lip balm that was actually doing what it's supposed to do at a good price. One of the main benefits of this product is that it contains SPF 20 or sun protection factor too. This element makes the lip balm a protector from the sun’s harmful rays. Since sunburned lips are extremely painful, I appreciate the fact that this lip balm contains SPF. The only downside to this product is that the tint wears off quickly. Through my own experience, it only lasts up to an hour. But this does not diminish the overall quality. It is only a tinted lip balm anyway, not some high-end pigmented lipstick. Something people might want to consider is if they are okay with a fruit smell. Although I enjoyed the sweet scent, others might think it's too artificial.

Overall though, I definitely think this lip balm is worth purchasing and I would recommend it to others. My lips are softer, moisturized, and smoother as a result of this product. I love finding products that not only help with benefiting and protecting my lips, but that also provide a hint of color and give off a wonderful smell. In all, Revlon’s Kiss Balm is a great product and should be a must-have for people.

on 12/26/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As I have written in past reviews, even though I’m 48, I have very oily skin. So, using lip balms, skin treatments is an extra for me. But, like all of us, especially for someone who lives in Northern Canada, I have used a lot of lip balms and creams. Chapped lips are a norm where I live. I have tried everything and have paid a ton of money for the most highly reviewed balms and treatments I could find. There are some I have really liked, but remain stagnant in my arsenal. The ONLY lip balm I have ever reached bottom TWICE is this balm in Coconut. Incredibly hydrating and healing. Tastes TOO delicious. Doesn’t taste like medicine. Plus, it works better for chapped lips than any of the other “medicinal” lip balms like Carmex.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I picked up this product in the "juicy peach" version when on offer at cvs, and am glad that I did. I really like this light, emollient balm, with a lovely peach scent, that goes on and wears easily. The SPF makes it ideal for outdoor wear, and the texture (not thick or waxy, but very light, almost thin) makes it ideal for summer/autumn. I like the scent and the packaging (I just wish the cap was just slightly tighter). Very comfortable, nice protection, light wear, lovely hint of colour. I'm very impressed with these for warm or milder weather. (For winter weather, these would not be sufficient on the regular.)

I also picked up the tropical coconut version and it too, is very nice with a truly coconut scent. Ian using it during the dry winter weather and it is ok inside but supplemented with a thicker lip balm for outdoor.

on 5/2/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very pleasantly surprised by this lip balm which I have in the apple and strawberry scents. I'm sensitive to scents and don't like many artificially-scented products - but these are pretty mild and don't linger. The apple smells just like green apple Jolly Ranchers taste, which I love. The strawberry is your standard strawberry lip product smell. The colours of these are very sheer and don't last long. I'm happy to have these as lip SPF for the summertime! Also love the twist up packaging.

on 4/24/2017 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a bit all over the place with these.

One, it's Revlon, and I love most of their lip products, so that's a good thing.

Two, I love tinted balms, so there's that in this lippie's favor.

Three, it has SPF protection, which I like. The colors in these -- the tinted ones -- are mild, but you can see them when you wear them.

I went a little crazy when these first came out, especially when drugstores have a sale and you can get them for 40 percent off, it gets tempting.

I happen to have Berry Burst, Crisp Apple, and Sugar Plum. They all offer a nice hint of tint. Plum is a sheer plum and has the most pigment of the three I own. Apple is a warm sheer red. Berry is a sheer medium pink.

All have flavor, and I can't say they really taste like the fruit. They all have a sweet fake flavor, a bit like cough syrup, I guess. They smell sort of like their namesakes -- at least the apple one does. (The apple is also the strongest scented of the three I have.) The smell reminds me more of an interpretation of a fruity smell. Like the apple would be the artificial flavor version of apple, etc. It's not bad, but I wish they weren't so strongly scented or flavored.

I tend to also find them a bit drying -- that could be the fragrance for me, or the SPF, since I don't usually wear fragranced products or a lot of SPF on my lips.

In general I just keep these on hand to wear when I'll be outside and want a bit of protection on my lips. That they're not super moisturizing for me -- I always have to chase these with a balm after wearing these -- and they're a bit too stinky and artificially sweet make me pass on them if I'll be out of the sun.

I bought the peach one on a whim last week, and have been using it almost daily since. I'm not typically a lip balm person as I don't have very dry lips, but it has SPF 20, which is what I need, plus the color is cute.

As a tinted balm, it goes on really sheer and natural, which is perfect for no makeup or minimal makeup days.
The application is also nice and easy. The peach scent is slightly artificial, but not annoying, and goes away soon after applying the balm.

One major plus is that there is no bitter sunscreen taste in this balm! This is pretty rare in drugstore spf lip balms, which I really appreciate. It tastes a little sweet and peachy, but the flavor isn't strong. I would probably try other shades when the weather gets warmer, as I can see they would be very suitable for the summer.

on 4/17/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this in the color/flavor crisp apple. I have been using the MB baby lips in cherry me for a few years. I like the baby lips but the color cherry me shows up more as a sheer bright pink on me than red. I actually purchased this because I left my baby lips at home on accident. I do not own any lipsticks or lip glosses or lip liners and I couldn't go to work without any color on my lips at all because I look dead lol. I ran into Walgreens and purchased this and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised and I think I may have found my new favorite tinted lip balm! It's moisturizing, smells good and gives my lips a good RED sheer wash of color. I like a my lips but better look and this is it. I also found this has more color payoff than the Burts bees tinted balm in red dahlia Edit 3/4/18 I still love this and I have repurchased it 3 times. Unfortunately crisp apple hasn’t been available at either of the stores I’ve repurchased at so I’ve bought the berry shade twice and last week I bought the cherry. I love them all but apple is still my favorite. The berry provides a sheer purple wash and cherry is a bit of a sheer dark pink wash. I will continue to repurchase

on 2/4/2017 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Picked this up in peach, it's a very nice SPF balm. More slick and shiny than other spf lip products I've tried. I didn't find much colour at all which the peach but the scent was nice and I like the chubby pencil packaging. Will try another shade next time to see if I can get a little bit of colour with this. Would repurchase.