Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in Bond

1 review

on 10/21/2016 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been bored with Bobbi Brown's line for a long time now (I was a hardcore BB fan/user before EL took over the brand and ruined it), but when I saw Bond, a lovely plum/red/brown shade, I thought it perfect for fall and decided to give it a shot. Meh--I remember why I so rarely buy BB products anymore. BB claims the Luxe formula "dramatically boosts moisture levels while intensely rejuvenating lips," even after you remove it. Um, no. I didn't find the formula drying, but I didn't find it hydrating, and it's decidedly not rejuvenating. It's a fairly nice lipstick that's quite pigmented, applies easily, and has a satin finish, but there's nothing special about it. It has the usual BB lipstick scent (blah), the usual BB lipstick case (but part of it is cheap, thin plastic that's gold colored--wow), and the shade, which looked so unique to me, is just a deep, cool plum. It's nice, but ordinary, as is the wear time (about two hours, just drinking water, before needing to reapply). At $35, I expected much, much more from this, and they have some nerve charging $7 more than the regular BB lipstick formula for this. Now that my memory has been refreshed about BB's products, I'll go back to avoiding the counter. Not only will I not repurchase this, I returned it.