MAC Liptensity lipsticks (all shades)

MAC Liptensity lipsticks (all shades)

4.5

on 12/9/2017 6:13:00 AM

I have smoked almond. Its a color a few shade darker than velvet teddy on my skin. Its very similar with less brown but in the same family. A bit more red than velvet teddy. This makes me look healthy and somewhat natural. its not a nude on my skin but its not very harsh either. It brings color to my face but it does still lean a bit peach. i prefer neutral nudes that don't lean peach or pink.(i know I'm picky) just like velvet teddy(too ashy in some lighting) and kinda sexy(too salmony) honey love (washes me out)
I am nc20/nw20

the lip intensity formula is very smooth on the lips. It feels almost like a lip balm but has the intensity of a lipstick. It doesn't last as long as a matte lippie though. Its a bit pricey for what it is. I wear it with whirl lipliner for a cleaner look but without lipliner its no biggie.

I don't think i will repurchase and i won't be sad if i didn't have this in my makeup stash. Its not a must have, I'm very picky with lippies and this just didn't cut it for me, still in search of that nude!

SMOKED ALMOND is my holy grail lip product/ makeup product.
It is the perfect shade for me. I am about an NC25-30 and this complements my skin tone.
It is quite versatile in a sense that I can dab a little onto my lips and it'll be a natural everyday lip colour OR I can fill out my whole lips to make it a pretty day/evening look.
Although it is creamy, I do like to put a lip balm on top. This helps increase the longevity and intensity of the lip colour.
It is also the perfect autumn colour and I will probably use this everyday.
I tend to just use this and a bit of mascara and my look is completed for the day.
As I bought this at LHR, I thought the price was perfect for the product it is.
MY FAVOURITE ALL TIME LIPSTICK.

Fantastic. Huge colour payoff, almost matte but hydrates my lips. Not sure how that is possible, but it does. Way better than any other lipstick I ever tried. Get them all.

First of all, i love mac lipsticks. They have never failed me (formula-wise). When this one came out i decided to give it a try. Got mine in the shade toasted butter and im in love again haha. It's a versatile shade (on my medium light skin tone). I can wear it with or without makeup. It smells just like the other mac lipsticks and it goes on buttery smooth and its not too glossy which i prefer. I believe the finish is demi matte or just a natural finish, not too matte not too glossy. One swipe is enough.
Im usually unbothered with staying powers of lipsticks since i like to touch up after i eat or drink anyways. But its just so good! Feels very moisturizing but nOt sticky, doesnt clump up or settle in lines. And i do have to say, i adore the packaging! Because you can see the color without having to check the names on the bottom! Cant wait to try other colors from this line! I would definitely recommend and repurchase!

Just got this and love it. Got it in the shade Doe. I have cool, pale skin and wanted something versatile and easy to apply. This winter, my lips have been super dry and regular lipsticks seem to be extra drying. This seems to fit the bill. Super moisturizing. Feels good on the lips. Smells nice. Decent pigmentation, not a gloss. Not a huge fan of the packaging--it looks like it's a gloss but the finish is creamy and opaque. I got an easy to apply color. Doe is a your-lips-but-better for me. I may go back and get another color, too.

on 10/25/2016 4:01:00 AM

I just bought this lipstick yesterday, in the shade "Clarecast", and it has already become my favorite lipstick!
A few weeks ago i tried a lipstick from Chanel that i had a very bad allergic reaction to, and ever since then all lipsticks have felt dry on my lips, and they've looked flaky and aged. But this lipstick makes my lips look perfect! And it feels really nice and moisturizing on my lips.
It also lasts a long time on my lips without having to touch it up. After i came home from work yesterday i was shocked to see how well it still sat on my lips, without any spots or bleeding.
And i got lots of compliments on the shade too. I'm super pale with a neutral to cool skintone, and this shade is just perfect for me <3
I will definitely buy more shades from this range! :)

on 10/23/2016 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this in the shade toast and butter, a medium dark caramel brown nude from MAC's fairly new liptensity line that boasts of each lipstick 'holding intense amounts of pigment, resulting in extreme color intensity, clarity and vibrancy'. I thought, hmm, sounds promising and so I couldn't wait to pick one up.
Toast and butter reminds me of a much cooler toned urban decay's 1993 (the latter being my favorite nude brown lipstick) except it's predominantly brown. I detect some peach or yellow undertones and while its not unflattering on my medium tan skin,  sometimes I'll look in the mirror and think errm, I dunno about this one. Sometimes I'll see a nice caramel color, other times, it can look muddy and dull. I think it might be a little too cool on my warm complexion.
 And despite the claims of great color payoff,  I didn't find this lipstick to be THAT pigmented. In fact, I found it to be semi sheer. I have two toned pigmented lips, so I can't do sheers. The lipstick is in a lip balm like case, the top part the same color as the lipstick, which is nice. Goes on smoothly like a lip balm, too and the staying power is decent. No bleeding, dryness or settling in lip lines. Finish is similar to mac's satin finishes, with a slight sheen, but not glossy. Same classic vanilla scent as Mac's other lipsticks, although it's a bit stronger in this one. I own many Mac lipsticks (mainly satins & mattes) that are more pigmented than this and about $4 less. I have not tried the other shades in this line so I cannot attest to their performance and most likely, not going to as I was dissapointed in this one. The color may be nice, but doesn't have enough warmth in it that I prefer in my brown nudes and the sheerness turned me off, so no, I will not repurchase.

on 10/18/2016 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have Driftwood and it was the shade I had to have from this new line. It is a beautiful mauved pink gray shade. But I have a separate review listed for that specific color. As for the Liptensity lipsticks though, they are lovely and feel lovely. They apply smooth and in most shades I tried, evenly. My favorite thing about them is that they are forgiving on dry or aging lips. The shades are beautiful. I love the pigmentation and the depth of the color options. While these have strong color tones, they apply more sheer than other lipsticks. They don't apply like a heavy cream, but more of a gel like satin. I believe in the nude family, Driftwood & Toasted Almond were big sellers according to the MAC counter I frequent. I was not looking into the bolder shades yet, but I am very intrigued by Marsala and a few others in that color range. All in all, these are a fun edition to MAC's collection. These feel lighter than MAC's cremesheen or satin finishes, but feel like there is more than their lustre finishes.